Is this possible:

Reaction score
Is it possible to make half life 2 (the map sections) load as a entire map instead of lots of checkpoints?

No, it's not possible.

Well, technically it is, but nobody has ever done it yet because you would obviously need some big
rework-ment of the Source code with additional slow performance by it trying to render out each new
script, texture, sound and entity every time you move forward. Driving races would be a nightmare.

You can't do it without editing the engine code, which is something you don't have.

I think you could remove the loading sign between levelchanges, but that's as close as you'll get.

Btw don't waste your time on changing the engine code !

It would be possible if you had a lot of ram to load that large of a level into memory, but then the maximum map size would prevent you from combining too many levels at once.

Plus I tried making a map (as in an overheard image) of the HL2 levels before and some actually overlap on each other (especially the airboat sections).

I think there was a thread on that sorta' thing, where if you put every chunk of loaded level together from start to finish, you'll be walking into abrupt cliffs and all that crazy shit.

So, in a nutshell, if you want to messed up your engine code, then go ahead and attempt to mod it. I think our advice is leave it. Loading only takes up to 10-20 seconds, depending on what computer your running.

yeah its called getting a Solid State Drive and 2 video cards

Back