Kid stopped from playing halo 3, kills mother.

I wonder if he teabagged his mother after he killed her.

Don't try to rationalize why someone might kill their own mother and attempt to kill their father. Oppression my ass. Don't like it? Get up and leave you pussy, don't shoot your parents in the head.

Trying to rationalise why someone would do such a thing is what psychology is all about.

Theres obviously more to the story than the media portrays it, trying to blame the game only. My suspicion is that the kid had been oppressed his entire life by the his parents and their religion (his dad a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington), forcing him to obey their morals and beliefs and strict rules on what to do, which i guess didnt allow him to play a simple video game that even isnt that violent. After 17 years of constantly being denied to enjoy the things all other kids enjoy, he had enough.

Religion. Your scapegoat for everything sick that happens in the world.

if you even for a second think this story actually had anything to do with a game, you are a ****ing gullible moron

Sit down and close your eyes, jet porkins. I have a surprise for you.

</distasteful>

This kid deserves movie rights, shame that he probably won't be getting them.

The Age of Kali has begun
The Song of Kali is now sung.

his dad was a minister with a 9mm..
i understand where hes coming from. probably sheltered his entire life. i mean cmon his dad wouldnt let him play halo 3???
dont feel sorry for the family at all

So wait.

Dad owns 9mm + restricts his kid from playing violent games.

Kid kills mother, greviously wounds dad.

Y don't feel sorry for family.

You're messed up buddy.

Heidi Archer said the family has forgiven her brother and want him to come home because the family cannot heal until they are all together.

Crazy family... I would want that little ****er away from my family as far as possible... before he kills another member. He already killed one and almost killed a second... his own god damn parents. If you're his sister... he'll kill you no problem.

his dad was a minister with a 9mm..
i understand where hes coming from. probably sheltered his entire life. i mean cmon his dad wouldnt let him play halo 3???
dont feel sorry for the family at all

Yeah, pretty fair reaction, killing them like that. I mean they wouldn't even let them play halo 3??????

Also, I verbally assaulted Kryyn and won.

Even if he did kill over the video game, not saying he did, its not like Halo 3 is anything to kill over.

It is tough to make a conclusion on a matter without knowing the whole picture. That goes without saying. Was he often short tempered? I don't pretend to deny any possibility that at its core it could have been, as Ravioli stated, "I'm tired of you bible thumpers taking things away from me and restricting my life." Maybe he wasn't short tempered, and whenever he got to play video games they were rated E, but saw Halo 3 played somewhere else, then suddenly fixated all his desires into purchasing this one thing knowing his parents would disapprove, and when they took it away from him, he (obviously) overreacted. Perhaps the same fixating voice that told him to disobey his parents and buy the game was the same voice that told him his mom and dad had to go.

It's impossible to tell the context that this horrible misdeed came from, and as a result, difficult to make any judgment on the matter. In the end, no: the game itself isn't the issue. In fact, as someone stated before, it sounds like he didn't get to play it at all.

He'll regret it in the long run. Adults need maternal and paternal figures just as much as juveniles do. Its hard to cope without them.

So, despite the guy being 16, he couldn't play an M game. That's a little unfair, but what kind of HUGE NERD would KILL his mum over it?

Don't try to rationalize why someone might kill their own mother and attempt to kill their father. Oppression my ass. Don't like it? Get up and leave you pussy, don't shoot your parents in the head.

Seconded

Trying to rationalise why someone would do such a thing is what psychology is all about.
I hate psychology. Just a "professional" way for a defense attorney to give excuses and you know what they say about excuses: " they are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink." The whole practice is nothing but quackery.

The kid comitted murder. You can paint shit any color you want, it's still shit.

I have seen scenarios like this before though. Children of extremely religious families are the worst and when they are finally old enough to move out, (if they hadn't done something already like this nutcase) they go batshit insane. It's like freedom they never tasted before. They become drug junkies, outlaws, rapists, etc.

Why do these people have to do such retarded things. Gives the media another huge anti-violent video games weapon to add to their already large arsenal, even though its not the games that do it.

No one blamed games or even alluded to the games being at fault. He snapped cause he has mental instability and you can tell because he had the ****in game with him in the front seat when he ran. Became some kind of obsession regarding the restriction.

I hate psychology. Just a "professional" way for a defense attorney to give excuses and you know what they say about excuses: " they are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink." The whole practice is nothing but quackery.

God damn it Saturos... God damn it.

My views tend to be extremely binary. Your either right or wrong. 1 or 0.

It makes life's issues much simpler. Well mine anyways.

Thats a terrible way to see life. Not that im surprised, I kinda figured you for one of those guys anyways based on your posting record. :upstare:

BTW, that nutcase game is wrong for being an obsessed gamer, but right for at least being a gamer, right for finally standing up for something he doesn't agree with after years of oppression, wrong for doing so horribly incorrectly, (he should have just ran away from home or something without offing his mother and attempting to off his father), and wrong for liking Halo.

Worst excuse of a FPS title ever.

So it would look like this:

More zeros than ones means that he gets life in prison. If it was all zeros, then he would get the death penalty.

Stop it with that psychology bullshit Saturos.

Man. I saw this thread title again and I thought it was a different one and I was thinking, WHAT THE ****, AGAIN!?

I hate Saturology. Just a "amature" way for a defense Saturorney to give excuses and you know what they say about excuses: " they are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink." The whole practice is nothing but quackery.

I hate Saturology. Just a "amature" way for a defense Saturorney to give excuses and you know what they say about excuses: " they are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink." The whole practice is nothing but quackery.
Your a quackery Krynn. :arms:

/rubs chin pensively

It's not psychology, it's "Saturology".

[Puzzled face]
Saturos is Tom Cruise in a dragon shirt.

Oh god exactly, he's a Scientologist.

Nah, Saturos is too poor to be a Scientologist.

Nah, Saturos is too poor to be a Scientologist.
The most expensive thing I own right now is my effing PC. :(

Shit, even my current car costed me less than my PC.

I didn't know you had to be wealthy to be a scientologist though.

Back