Lost Season 4

I really, really doubt Ben hoped or knew they would get ambushed by Widmore's mercenaries. His sole concern has always been Alex and he would never risk her getting killed. He even asked Danielle in the first episode to take Alex and get her as far away from the beach camp as possible.

Yeah, but this is Ben, innit? Who knows with this guy. One part of me thinks it's one of the Widmore teams, whereas the other makes me think it's Ben's Temple members waiting. Remember what Ben said, about it not being for certain people? Perhaps he just wants Alex there and Alex alone to be there? I mean the name alone, The Temple, implies it's something pretty special up in the mountain.

But whichever, we'll see soon enough.

Ben must've known. He probably told them not to shoot his daughter.

Yeah, I thought that too. If he had planned it, then he just managed to get rid of the two people closest to Alex -- Carl (whom he hates) and Rousseau (whom he probably also hates, or if he doesn't hate her, he at least doesn't want her to take Alex away from him). We've already seen with Juliet that Ben is a very possessive person.

Yeah, but this is Ben, innit? Who knows with this guy. One part of me thinks it's one of the Widmore teams, whereas the other makes me think it's Ben's Temple members waiting. Remember what Ben said, about it not being for certain people? Perhaps he just wants Alex there and Alex alone to be there? I mean the name alone, The Temple, implies it's something pretty special up in the mountain.

But whichever, we'll see soon enough.

The Others have long since abandoned Ben. They questioned his leadership in Season 3, exposed a bunch of lies and went off to the Temple without him. The muscle of the Others were decimated in the finale. Richard and co would not go marching off into the jungle with silencers and kill Karl and Danielle - that's lame. The Island is under threat from corporate thugs and they have already sent a team of mercenaries there (took off during Ji Yeon) to commit full-on Island genocide. They aren't going to waste time with Ben and his daughter squabbles.

I think Ben was honestly sending them to the Temple in order for them to survive. He did not know Widmore's mercenary team had landed via Helicopter and were fast approaching the barracks.

I had actually forgot a second team had gone in during Ji Yeon. Or, at least, I forgot the helicopter had taken off. Who knows who's on it, or where they've gone, but it's plausible.

What the hell, did I miss Lost or something? My TiVO recorded the 1st or 2nd episode of the new season?

What the hell, did I miss Lost or something? My TiVO recorded the 1st or 2nd episode of the new season?

Same. Apparently we both missed the part of the preview last week where they said more episodes would be coming after April 24:hmph:

I am now fully caught up on Lost... I finished Season 4 Episode 8 waiting for the 9 and beyond.

WOOO!

I finally got around to watching season 4 (after watching seaons 1 & 2 of Heroes back to back). So far it has been the best season yet. Some questions were answered, finally.

But I'm still more excited for the next season of Heroes!

That trailer's cool and all, but...

Am I the only one both amused and even somewhat irritated that we will be 9 episodes into the season and Jack is still asking the same damn question with no freakin' answer? Like, why the **** do you allow people to mull around your camp after being infiltrated and attacked repeatedly if they're going to be secretive gits? Why does nobody get down to some serious business and maybe crack a few skulls to get some damn information? Clearly asking once and standing around making shifty glances for a while is not getting you anywhere.

That's really my only peeve with Lost. The characters don't have any follow-through on the most basic of queries.

Anybody hear the smoke monster? Wtf is up with the tards on youtube as well? Nothing was spoiled. :dozey:

Am I the only one both amused and even somewhat irritated that we will be 9 episodes into the season and Jack is still asking the same damn question with no freakin' answer?
That's because Jack is an idiot, poor guy and WEAK leader.

He's a far, far more rational and well-suited leader than Locke will ever be and he has proven it time and time again throughout s1, 2 and 3 and apparently most of 4.

Locke actually got people ****ing houses. Houses.

And Locke knows how to treat his "guests". That the entire beach camp has not been overrun and everybody killed as a result of Jack's incompetence and gullibility is a matter of sheer luck.

Those houses where there when he got there. Besides, by the looks of it, they get blown up.
I do however think Jack has become somewhat a whiney bitch. He needs to man up.

Those houses where there when he got there.

Hence why Locke gets points for making the ridiculously easy choice of taking free houses while Jack sits in his ****ing fortress of beach sand.

so what happened? all was some kind of experiment or other reality?

I don't know about you guys, but if I was stranded on an island, I'd stick preeeeeeetty darn close to the doctor instead of the guy who had a desk job in a box factory.

He's a far, far more rational and well-suited leader than Locke will ever be and he has proven it time and time again throughout s1, 2 and 3 and apparently most of 4.
He also has a colossal ego, the prick. Locke > Jack IMO.

Locke's a moron who's ego has far exceeded itself at this stage. Blablabla protector of the Island. Blows up Subs, communications stations - clearly a great leader!

Hence why Locke gets points for making the ridiculously easy choice of taking free houses while Jack sits in his ****ing fortress of beach sand.

Yes, lets move inland and set up shop despite having every intention of being rescued within days. I guess the beach is such a dumb choice when we consider that there's a Freighter out there that is supposedly the means of rescue.

Yes, lets move inland and set up shop despite having every intention of being rescued within days. I guess the beach is such a dumb choice when we consider that there's a Freighter out there that is supposedly the means of rescue.

Oh, right. How could I forget. The suspicious boaties who may or may not be coming to rescue them, amirite? The ones who lied about the real person who sent the boat, eh? I'm sure Jack's trusting attitude towards them becomes ever more vindicated as he cooperates successfully in exchanging information with Faraday and...

Wait.

Sure they lied, but on a mysterious Island inhabited by what are some arguably very dubious natives it's unlikely they are going to come in with open arms. What's more Charlie's message was who's boat it wasn't – that doesn't mean it's bad. Sure, we know it is, it's Charles Widmore's boat. But Jack doesn't know that. He is simply trying to rescue his people and get them back to civilization. That has all he has actually ever tried to do. Bad or good, that boat is the way off – he's going to go for it. He doesn't actually know that a corporate thug staged his plane crash and doesn't actually want him to make it back to the mainland.

Locke has been selfish from day one.

A quick question in between. How would you hardcore fans rate the first 6 or 10 episodes of lost compared to the rest of the series?

The steadfast reluctance and refusal to answer the most basic of questions should be signaling red flags in everybody's heads. It should not result in an open invitation to just do whatever and go wherever you want, at least not if prior experience is anything to go by.

Locke at least knows how to handle uncooperatives. With a freakin' grenade in the mouth and/or locked up. Ben wouldn't have divulged any information if he wasn't put into such a position in the first place. Clearly this is a far more efficient method of getting some 411 as opposed to Jack's philosophy of light nagging every once in a while. He may not know everything that we the viewers do, but that doesn't excuse his lack of common sense. Or, in this case, balls.

Or, in this case, balls.

So true.

Jack is however the one leaving the Island in the end. Even thou he clearly wishes to return, for whatever reason.

If the Island wasn't inhabited by some pilot ripping black smoke, it's actually a pretty nice place to be.
I don't think Lock is the better leader thou, becouse he, as Samon said, is only looking out for himself. He whould gladly sacrifice those who he think the Island "demands". As he justified Boones death. And in this case the means won't justify the goals, becouse i think that it will all go to hell.
Jack wants sincerly to rescue everyone.

True, although I think his rescue attempts are in part driven by an egotistical desire to be the "savior".

Locke isn't a saint, but y'know, at least he recognizes that there is strange shit going about the island. Nearly ever character has been affected by it, either through visions or newfound abilities. Everybody knows there's something supernatural to the island, but Locke is one of the few people to actually admit it. If I were in their situation, and given the circumstances, I'd give a bit more validity to his actions.

Back