Miscellaneous

We have become aware that some of the above Maracas sold by us may have had a defect. The paint used on some of these Maracas may contain potentially harmful elements.

Well, that sucks.

img5685k.jpg

I suppose the best course of action would be to find a way to utilise them as weapons so that I can slay my enemies and usher in a new world order.

It'd be for some token ethnic super-hero from a 70's comic who would be called "El Cascabel".
I am reminded of this comic book character.
1019253-bueno2.jpg

Bueno Excellente is a pervert and more than likely a dangerous sadist who just so happens to be a member of a superhero team in the DC Universe, Section 8. The team consists of a bunch of delusional superhero wannabes and Bueno, who is just sort of there.

Bueno Excellente fights evil with the powers of perversion. How exactly this works in a non-Vertigo/DC property is never exactly made clear. The audience gets glimpses and their minds must do the rest.

Bueno is an overweight, constantly sweating hispanic male who only ever says "Excellente!" or "Bueno", which is usually preceeded with a chuckle. At one team meeting, one of his fellow teammates yells at him to stop poking him under the table, while Bueno's hands are both clearly shown to be folded neatly above the table; which just makes one wonder what exactly is happening and feel dirty.

In combat, Bueno is typically shown just appearing behind an enemy when they aren't paying attention. He says one or the other of his words and the "camera" cuts away with a scream sound effect. After one such instance, we later see the headline of a Gotham City newspaper that the person Bueno had snuck up behind had essentially been fatally sodomized, in the craftiest, most family friendly terms they could get this message across in within a non-Vertigo/ DC publication.

Bueno Excellente is the only member of Section 8 left standing after their final battle; the other team members all being slaughtered or ported' off to an alternate dimension; presumably never to return. It is unlikely but possible that Bueno Excellente could one day resurface.

He was created by Garth Ennis, which is so unsurprising I use it for a simile to describe how ordinary other things are.

Hahaha, these lasts few posts have been some of my favorite in this misc... that superhero. Ha

Anyone else like reading comic books? I've been slowly getting more into them. I ****ing love The Goon and Transmetropolitan.

Transmetropolitan is absolutely fantastic. In terms of comics/manga I'm waiting for the delivery of Volume 6 of AKIRA. Can't say the manga is as strong as the anime (simply due to some awful padding), but the art is page to page brilliant. His destroyed cities would not have many peers.

Transmetropolitan is absolutely fantastic. In terms of comics/manga I'm waiting for the delivery of Volume 6 of AKIRA. Can't say the manga is as strong as the anime (simply due to some awful padding), but the art is page to page brilliant. His destroyed cities would not have many peers.

Yeah I wish I could afford more time and money to comics and reading. I'm looking forward to the next Eric Powell stuff, or when Garth Ennis does his next series.

So I'm finding it bizarre that I enjoy The Walking Dead series by Telltale when I dislike both The Walking Dead and the rest of Telltale's work. What kind of awesome synergy happened there? Adventure gaming has come a long way.

So I'm finding it bizarre that I enjoy The Walking Dead series by Telltale when I dislike both The Walking Dead and the rest of Telltale's work. What kind of awesome synergy happened there? Adventure gaming has come a long way.

I keep hearing how good it is, but all my friends also like the TV series, which is awful garbage that I can't stand at all. I might actually pick this game up.

Yay! I haz internet again! Last house move.... ever! So, what I miss? Anything interesting since the great turtle incident?

I keep hearing how good it is, but all my friends also like the TV series, which is awful garbage that I can't stand at all. I might actually pick this game up.

I really can't stand the show either but I loved the game. It's really all in the writing, the characters are written incredibly sympathetically, even the ones you end up hating, but it doesn't flinch away from its dark subject matter nor try to focus on it too hard for the sake of being grimdark or whatever. It strikes a very organic balance between portraying people as human and showing how they cope with an utterly dehumanising experience.

So yeah, it's good. I should really get around to playing the final episode one of these days...

HATE hate the TV series and comics. Bought the game on sale, ended up loving it, just absolutely loving it. I think it's one of the most important "games" of this gen.

HATE hate the TV series and comics. Bought the game on sale, ended up loving it, just absolutely loving it. I think it's one of the most important "games" of this gen.

Never read the comics myself. I usually shy away from zombies because they've become such a dull, overplayed subject. It's rare to find something as well thought out as World War Z (book) or Dawn of the Dead in that genre.

I'd say pick up the game, it's probably the most solid "game" writing I've heard. It's also really receptive to decisions. Most of which are written very well.

I'll go ahead and throw my support behind what Badhat and BHC are saying. It doesn't really matter if you like the show, or even the genre (I'm a fan of neither) but the game is stellar regardless.

**** me, I missed out on a brilliant sale of the entire game season based on my opinion of that shitty show.

sold all 3 consoles, my 3ds and all console accessories. I only play PC games now. Ports have gotten good enough.

I'm completely with you BHC. Not a fan of adventure games at all. They've always just felt like a series of dull or irritating 'try every possible combination of inventory' puzzles spread out over a series of vistas, gags, and events. While I don't hate the show or the comic, they definitely aren't spectacular by any means. I watch the show irregularly mostly because it's a unique show premise, it's got a solid production value, and it's got a potential for drama greater than most shows because not network TV pretty much. It's pretty poorly written, acted, and plotted but most people confuse trying to be an incredible and landmark show with actually being one. But yes, the game is wonderful. Pretty much entirely due to it's complex, sympathetic, and well-written characters. The decisions actually meant a ton to me. Just an excellent story that didn't make me cry but it tried super hard to.

Huh, I'll have to play this. I'll tell y'all when I do.

EDIT: Are we talking The Walking Dead or The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? I'm guessing the former, since the latter has a 39 on Metascore.

Oh god no, not Survival Instinct. We're talking "The Walking Dead" Telltale 5 episode collection. This one is on the top 10 list for PC games on meta

Never read the comics myself. I usually shy away from zombies because they've become such a dull, overplayed subject. It's rare to find something as well thought out as World War Z (book) or Dawn of the Dead in that genre.

Even WWZ is pretty lame imo, it's just zombies + national stereotypes. Yawn.

Even WWZ is pretty lame imo, it's just zombies + national stereotypes. Yawn.

Uh...no. Wrong. He explores a vast array of sociopolitical issues that sort of scenario would invoke. Radio Free Earth, feral Qs, LAMOEs, the military responses of different nations, corporate scams, the Sou'frican plan, international tensions. You either didn't read it or didn't pay any attention at all when reading it.

hashahgahaha what the **** does my liver matter, ujt should be dead by now but it isnt

nothing ****ing matters anymnore wso why bother
the only b right light in my life is leaving so nothing is holding me together
thsi ist heo nly comfort i have left without her

fuyck you all

We think you're a cool dude and don't want you to become like I was. Don't lose those years to idiocy man.

Back