Miscellaneous

I was too pissed to give details. I had just settled in to play some total war, when the screen goes black for 10 seconds and then the machine restarts. It doesn't actually doesn't restart though, it powers on for about 3 seconds and cuts off, restarting itself again. It repeated about five times before i pull the power cable. I then tore out every component and nonessential cable from the machine to see if one of them was causing a short. Literally the only thing plugged in right now is the psu and the CPU. Same shit still happens. So this means a problem with one of those components, possibly the psu AGAIN. since it was 330am and i was just denied my game i was looking forward to, and no stores were open to buy testing components, i instead just went to angry sleep and posted that message from my phone.

At least this morning as started off better. I see this comic, and so far i haven't spilled any soda. Radioshack opens in 30 mins so I'm going to try and reseat the CPU after I get some thermal paste from there.

LOL so your computer has blown up like 3 times and you think some thermal paste is going to do the trick? Wow you are out of your mind bro. Better give up and buy a dell

Jokes on you! It worked!

No it didn't, ordered a new Mb and CPU. **** it, I already was forced to "upgrade" half the shit in here, might as well just do the rest if it. I feel like the psu is ok, so I will hold off on that. I suspect the Mb got damaged last time I had problems, and it just took until now to fail. Will know on Tuesday I guess. Wish local shops would sell this shit.

Have the worst mucus cough in the world right now. Hocking up yellow/green chunks is not my idea of fun times.
Drank a whole bottle of cough medicine last week. Still have the cough. Weak.

On the plus side, band released album. Sold a bunch of said albums physically at launch gig. Digital version's up for buying and streaming on
iTunes / Amazon / Spotify / Last.FM / A butt load of other sites and stuff. Got asked back to support Electric Six again this year.

If any of y'all care, you can click those links and it'll take you to the relevant site. (luv u if u do)

Probably dextromethorphan. Childrens medicine. Get some codeine if it's the actual cough that's bothering you. If you've got production of mucus, it's good that it comes out.

On the plus side, band released album. Sold a bunch of said albums physically at launch gig. Digital version's up for buying and streaming on
iTunes / Amazon / Spotify / Last.FM / A butt load of other sites and stuff. Got asked back to support Electric Six again this year.
Listened to the album on spotify. Not my usual kind of stuff, but I liked it. Nice work.

Probably dextromethorphan. Childrens medicine. Get some codeine if it's the actual cough that's bothering you. If you've got production of mucus, it's good that it comes out.

It was this 'Lemsip' stuff, I dunno what it had in it. But yeah, the cough's into its second week and it's peeing me off. I think I may have some codeine in.

Listened to the album on spotify. Not my usual kind of stuff, but I liked it. Nice work.

Thanks, Krynn!

Have the worst mucus cough in the world right now. Hocking up yellow/green chunks is not my idea of fun times.
Drank a whole bottle of cough medicine last week. Still have the cough. Weak.

If any of y'all care, you can click those links and it'll take you to the relevant site. (luv u if u do)

Good stuff there, dude. Really liked Inside Out.

guess who's enlisting this month?
scored 53 on my asvab,which isn't horrible but not great either.
been busting my ass working out at the gym.
I don't wanna end up like Pvt.Paula yo.

So does anybody want to buy a PERFECTLY ****ING FINE motherboard and CPU?

So remember that mechanical keyboard I spilled sprite on?

Well I couldn't clean it well enough and some of the switches would get very stiff overnight (on top of the already very stiff Cherry MX Black switches). So I decided to upgrade my common gaming keys (even when it was working fine, my fingers would get tired from the black switches if gaming for a couple hours). So behold, Cherry MX Brown switches swapped in, and sticky keys replaced with good blacks! Went a lot easier than expected, probably took like 20 mins. Just gotta clean up some flux residue and should be good to go. Looking forward to not needing to use this crappy Razer one with noisy ****er blues.

raqAWU7.jpg

Hey guys, I was trying to find that thread with book recommendations that people considered mandatory reading. I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

My company cleared me to telecommute for work. Now I can make money in my underwear and listen to pavarotti.

The machine they gave me is tiny.

n500_back_1.jpg

They gave me a 24" monitor though, so I think I'm going to swap it out with the 19" i have connected to my gaming pc :D

My company cleared me to telecommute for work. Now I can make money in my underwear and listen to pavarotti.

The machine they gave me is tiny.

n500_back_1.jpg

They gave me a 24" monitor though, so I think I'm going to swap it out with the 19" i have connected to my gaming pc :D
It has a laptop power supply. LOL enjoy having unbelievably numerous problems with that computer. I've never seen a desktop running on an 85 watt ac adapter work well.

It has a laptop power supply. LOL enjoy having unbelievably numerous problems with that computer. I've never seen a desktop running on an 85 watt ac adapter work well.
Yeah, it's already locked up on me a couple of times and I've been only using it for a week...lol

fighting alcoholism, recently suffered a head injury I'm still having strange symptoms from but haven't checked out, heart problems, weird blackouts, starting college, Vegeta sucks still

l8r

fighting alcoholism, recently suffered a head injury I'm still having strange symptoms from but haven't checked out, heart problems, weird blackouts, starting college, Vegeta sucks still

l8r

Head injuries are definitely something to be checked out. At least in the short term, it's possible for someone's state to rapidly deteriorate after suffering one. Long term stuff is also pretty serious if left unchecked and especially if it happens multiple times.

Moved out of my hometown of Ottawa to the much larger city of Montreal to start a Master's in Human Genetics. I'm pretty stoked with what I'm doing, though time will tell if doing research solely through a computer will drive me crazy or not.

Head injuries are definitely something to be checked out. At least in the short term, it's possible for someone's state to rapidly deteriorate after suffering one. Long term stuff is also pretty serious if left unchecked and especially if it happens multiple times.

Moved out of my hometown of Ottawa to the much larger city of Montreal to start a Master's in Human Genetics. I'm pretty stoked with what I'm doing, though time will tell if doing research solely through a computer will drive me crazy or not.
I'm not sure it warranted a look. But I didn't really give a shit. I'd hit my head while drunk and immediately after light amounts of blood started dripping out rapidly for a few seconds until stopping altogether. Felt some kind of pressure all during the next day. Over the course of 3 or 4 days my nose and nasal passage around the back of my mouth would randomly leak a strangely orange colored substance that felt like a mix of mucus, pus and blood. It has stopped altogether since last thursday I think.. I've been told it may have been a small concussion.

If this site hasn't driven you to shut your head in an iron maiden you're probably fine with computer-based research.

If this site hasn't driven you to shut your head in an iron maiden you're probably fine with computer-based research.

Ha, true, though I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be. Maybe someday this place will pick up again once Valve announces another game as opposed to speculation or updates to existing games.

After a bit of rain, at 8:08 everything was a beautiful pinkish color outside. I decide to grab my camera and head out, by 8:10 the sun had set too much for it to look anywhere near as good. I only captured it with my eyes.

If your shirt isn't tucked into your pants your pants are tucked into your shirt.

Why does my foot always have to be dead right when I need to get my food before it overcooks/burns?

Guys, I cannot find a page with Vavle's timeline on Valvetime anymore. Is it gone forever?

Hi! Erm, I don't know where it is, I guess it's been moved since the new design was rolled out. In which case @Chris D might know. We may have done away with the older static content.

Look what I found for about 16 $ :3
These were left from Collector's Edition that is currently on Amazon for about 95 $ ( 300zł.... y u so expensive ( T w T ) ) Guy who's selling these also includes a used Steam key. Oh well, at least there will be something classy in my collection. Also I'm hunting now Raising the Bar for less than 40$. 60$ + shipping would be the death of me.

Back