my mom died this morning

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
what the title says. my mother, who was 44, died in her sleep last night. i found her dead this morning. she was cold. i'd never seen someone dead before. i have never lost anybody close to me and it is by far the most painful experience of my life.

my dad and younger brother are in Tennessee at bonnaroo and we havent been able to get in touch with them yet.

i knew i would have to face losing a parent one day but i thought i had decades.

FUCK.

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, man. My mom died at 42 :(

Oh my god, that was shocking to read, really, really sorry man, 44 is a young age and I know whats its like to loose a close family member.

Condolances to you and your family :(

That sounds awful :( My condolences to you and your family.

So sorry my friend, thats a pain no one else can relate to. I lost my mother when I was younger, and no matter how many times you hear it, sorry never cuts the mustard. Time heals all wounds so don't lose hope, and remember, you still have a father and brother who need you to be strong for them, and be close to them.

wow that's terrible.

seems so young and unexpected.

I'm at a loss of what to say, other than that really really sucks :(

Harsh man, really harsh......

I cannot say I know what your going through at all, all I can imagine is that it must be really crushing.

I know it wont help, and you will be needing your father and brother for comfort during this time more then any of our in-effectual words, but I am sorry for your loss anyway.

Time will heal this gaping wound, eventually.

:(

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Oh, wow. This was unexpected; I can't even imagine for you. I offer everything I can give to you. If you need to talk, I'm here, though I'm sure someone you can talk to face to face would be more consoling. Damn, man.

I'm sorry.

So sorry to hear that, man. I don't know how any words can help.

44 is too young. My dad was aged when he died a 5 years back and it was still a severe blow so I can't imagine how devastated you must feel.

It's not really a time when you can say 'at least...' anything - but I suppose at least if she had to die suddenly, she died peacefully in her sleep. Not a great deal of consolation to be had in that thought perhaps, but you might find that it, and the thought that your mum wouldn't want you to be completely hopelessly crushed by this happening, may help you just a little over the coming days and weeks when the going is rough.

Take care of yourself.

Jesus christ, Ennui I'm so sorry for you. I'm not even able to imagine anything similar to a loss like that. I wish you the best luck in dealing with it as best as you can. This is like the most terrible news I could think of for someone as young as you.

:(

thanks for the words everyone <3 im trying to keep my head up, i'm very worried about my dad and brother, especially my brother as he's a pretty soft/emotional/vunerable type and this is going to hit him really hard... all the way back on the 10 hour car drive from Tenn.

EDIT: Thanks Qonfy and Stig, evo deleted that post and both of your responses. Mellish this happened five or so hours ago.

Im really sorry to hear that Ennui. Its an awful thing. Was she sick or something, or was its just out of the blue? One of my biggest fears is loosing someone close to me without any warning, and I cant imagine how painful it would be.

I am truly sorry for you loss, I can't even contemplate what you must be going through now. Condolences to you and your family. ;(

EDIT: Thanks Qonfy and Stig, evo deleted that post and both of your responses. Mellish this happened five or so hours ago.

Yeah, I was getting so confused then when I was trying to quote it but I couldn't.

Sorry again.

Im really sorry to hear that Ennui. Its an awful thing. Was she sick or something, or was its just out of the blue? One of my biggest fears is loosing someone close to me without any warning, and I cant imagine how painful it would be.

She had a number of health problems, notably a severe case of Fibromyalgia, chronic depression, and some other unpleasantries. None of them were life-threatening but she had to take a lot of medication and i believe it was a complication with that or some other unknown health problem that caused her to pass away.

The only thing i can think to be thankful for now is that she died peacefully in her sleep and that she is finally no longer suffering from her years and years of debilitating illness.

Take solace that she died in the most comfortable manner possible and try to celebrate her lifetime. It's a tough experience, unfortunately this happens. Take it one day at a time.

;( Sorry to hear man, I can't begin to imagine what it would be like...

Man, that really sucks Ennui, I'm really sorry for your loss. She died way too young.

The situation you experienced is one of my greatest fears. :(

My condolences, Ennui. As silly as this may sound, we're here for you.

I'm really sorry Enuui. This is so tragic.

Please don't turn into a loose cannon like my old friend when his mother died - started carrying guns around everywhere he went, looking for trouble, and last I heard he was on the run from the police and I never saw him again. That kind of reaction is not going to help at all.

I'm really really saddened to hear this. I hope you handle it well. Please spend some time with your family and take care of each other. If you need anything, let us know

that really sad, so so sorry man, kinda know what ya going through, tho my mom died when i was 5.

my condolences to u and ya family

I'm so, so, so sorry for your loss, without doubt the worst news I had to read from a member on these boards, and personally one of my greatest fears. Hang in there dude ;(

I'm very sorry and hope you get through it

I'm really sorry Enuui. This is so tragic.

Please don't turn into a loose cannon like my old friend when his mother died - started carrying guns around everywhere he went, looking for trouble, and last I heard he was on the run from the police and I never saw him again. That kind of reaction is not going to help at all.

I'm really really saddened to hear this. I hope you handle it well. Please spend some time with your family and take care of each other. If you need anything, let us know

yeah, i understand where hes coming from, i can't do that though, i have to live how she would have wanted me to, to do her justice, and it would be incredibly selfish to inflict any more pain on my family

all of the cliches are incredibly true, i would give anything and everything to talk to her for even thirty seconds just so i could tell her how much i love her and how much i appreciate how hard she tried to be a good mother, and that she succeeded in spades

i really appreciate all of your comments, i know you feel like you can't say anything that will help but it does on some level and i'm glad you guys are there for me, i've known a lot of you longer than many of my RL friends

You almost can't believe something like this could happen... I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Jeez. That's awful. I don't really know what to say. :(

We're all here for you and supportive. :)

I'm really sorry, ennui. I just wish I could say something that could make you feel better.

Back