my mom died this morning

Holy shit. My condolences, Ennui - there's nothing I can do from here, but my thoughts are at least with you.

Take care of yourself.

ennuidh2.jpg

Shit. I'm really sorry to hear that, it's just not fair.

Sudden and unexpected has to be the worst part. Obviously you're still in shock at this point, but I hope you can take away the best possible things from the experience (strength, courage...) and go on to live a first-rate life.

In my experience (still early days yet, mind) life generally carries on as normal, but every now and then when you're alone it just hits you like a sledgehammer. And then in the morning everything is ok again.

All I can say really is that it's not the end of the world, just the beginning of a new chapter. And however selfish that may seem, I think it's important for you to remember that there is a life waiting for you after you've had time to grieve, a life that's full of joy and happiness just like the life you had before. Be strong.

I am so sorry, man. :( My deepest sympathies and condolances to you and you your family. *hugs*

I am incredibly sorry for the loss of your mother. You are brave to post here, at such a time. This shit sucks to go through, but things will get better - just be strong. You will have joy in your life soon.

RIP

Really shitty dude. I can't really think of how I'm going to deal with anything of this sort when the time comes.

My condolences, I'm really sorry for your loss :( I hope you and your family can get through this well, and you of course know that all of us are behind you every step of the way.

Sorry for your loss :(
Hope you and your family can stay strong

I'm really sorry for your loss :(
It hurts me so much when I think about losing my mother... and I'm doing the same mistake as you did, thinking it's only going to happen in decades... and I'm forgetting to kiss her goodbye and to tell her that I love her, that she is the most important person in my life... I can't believe you lost your mother in such an unexpected way... but it's good to know that she died peacefully in her sleep.

Be strong, man. I know you are.

ah man, I'm sorry :(. that's gotta be rough. hope you make it through alright.

That's awful, I am very sorry :(

She was obviously a great person, to have raised someone as great as you! <3

I'm sorry and I offer my condolences. :(

Take comfort from the fact that she passed on peacefully and is now beyond any suffering.

Nothing I can say can make this any easier for you, as dealing with death is beyond my experience, but my prayers are with you. I hope she's in peace.

I'm sorry to hear that mate. Losing parents is hard.

I hope you remain strong through this period, and deal with your grief as it comes in time.

Keep us updated Ennui.

So sorry to hear that man, I just lost an uncle, who was 45 and has two kids. I know it's hard as hell, but you have to stay strong for your dad and brother.

May your Mother rest in Peace Ennui. You have many friends here who feel sorry for you, you're not alone.

I've only talked to you a few times, but you seem like a good guy - good luck.

Thinking of you.

As a mother who is 42, I'll tell you, we know our children love us. She knew, it's something felt.

I tell my son there is no stronger bond than a mother & a child. I believe that continues into the after life. Speak to her now & it will bring you comfort. I speak to those I have lost & it helps me.

[[[[HUGS]]]]

I know it may not mean much, but here's what I would tell an IRL friend in the same situation -

All of us have to go, and nobody ever expects to lose someone. What's important is to cherish the memories of the person you lost, and most importantly, what they taught you about life. If you can carry that with you, you'll do them proud. Right now you just have to keep yourself together. In time, things will be better. The part of your mother that she left in you will never die.

Sorry. :(

I am so sorry man.

Try and be strong but don't be afraid to talk about it with someone as well if things get too tough.

Remeber we're always here for you, if no one else is around to talk to.

She had a number of health problems, notably a severe case of Fibromyalgia, chronic depression, and some other unpleasantries. None of them were life-threatening but she had to take a lot of medication and i believe it was a complication with that or some other unknown health problem that caused her to pass away.

The only thing i can think to be thankful for now is that she died peacefully in her sleep and that she is finally no longer suffering from her years and years of debilitating illness.

First of all I don't post much but I'd like to extend my sympathies to you and your family. When I read this post though I got a chill because my mother is around the same age (47 almost) and she has the same condition. Fibromyalgia, she's been depressed because of her job and other things and she's been taking medication for the pain for a long time...shit I feel like I need to do something about it now.

I dread finding my old cat dead someday. What happened to you this morning would be far beyond my apprehension if it were to happen to me. I would hug you if I could.

I lost my father when I was 13, and him 36. He died in a car accident, no alcohol involved... the sudden death of a person so close is very hard, I know, but there is no shame in grieving. My relatives and friends were there for us, and it helped me get through it. Don't feel bad if you need to take time away from your normal routine to sort things through. You have my condolences, and if you need someone to talk to who has had a similar experience, I offer my support.

Man, I am so sorry, and even more so that your mum died so young. My thoughts are with you.

I lost my grandfather 2 days after Newyears
I didin't see him often because he lived in florida and i in Indiana but i was still hit hard

Stay tough.Stay strong.Stay happy.etc.

Back