NASA finds proof of life on Saturns moon Titan! (maybe)

Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...e-that-alien-life-exists-on-Saturns-moon.html

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the planet.

Data from Nasa's Cassini probe has analysed the complex chemistry on the surface of Titan, which experts say is the only moon around the planet to have a dense atmosphere. They have discovered that life forms have been breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

But NASA's official story is a little bit more complicated:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/titan20100603.html
Two new papers based on data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft scrutinize the complex chemical activity on the surface of Saturn's moon Titan. While non-biological chemistry offers one possible explanation, some scientists believe these chemical signatures bolster the argument for a primitive, exotic form of life or precursor to life on Titan's surface. According to one theory put forth by astrobiologists, the signatures fulfill two important conditions necessary for a hypothesized "methane-based life."
To date, methane-based life forms are only hypothetical. Scientists have not yet detected this form of life anywhere, though there are liquid-water-based microbes on Earth that thrive on methane or produce it as a waste product. On Titan, where temperatures are around 90 Kelvin (minus 290 degrees Fahrenheit), a methane-based organism would have to use a substance that is liquid as its medium for living processes, but not water itself. Water is frozen solid on Titan's surface and much too cold to support life as we know it.

If this can be proven to be actual life, it may be the greatest discovery of our lives (even if it is just microscopic creatures). At least this discovery is within our own solar system. It might help get people re-interested in the space program.

It is a really interesting study and I hope they can follow up on it. However...

This is why I despise the media:

They have discovered that life forms have been breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

Scary to think that the public probably actually listens to what they report on scientific studies. Scary.

http://www.physorg.com/news194801328.html

I say we nuke 'em if they become hostile!

battlefield_mayhem.jpg

at least we can harvest the hell out of Titan at the very least. If not lets terraform that bitch into something worthwhile. considering the high chance we'll have to live outside of Earth someday, theres never a bad time to start investing in the future

-290F, don't see a terraforming happening for humans. But greater interest in space is a big plus.

Stories come out like this at least twice a year. Wanna really impress me? Show me some aliens, mother****er.

Ever since The Roswell Incident, Bilderburger-controlled media has been conditioning citizens to the idea of aliens, and the idea of aliens invading. Being conditioned to this sort of thing, the idea of it being reality isn't as "crazy" as it would be if it happened out of nowhere - Then a fake event is sparked, an Area 51 built, reverse-engineered UFO piloted by humans staging contact between ET and man.

When the world's population is facing a "real" alien threat, they will look to their governments for answers - I can see it now, Obama taking a stand behind a podium.

"The only way to defeat this foreign threat is if the world unites under a singular, planetary government."

Everybody cheers, gets all teary-eyed and in a thousand years humans look back in the history books in the 2010's and shake their heads in shame.

loljks

But srsly

I actually think Obama is a charismatic, well-rounded guy.

I just hate his puppet-masters.

He doesn't have any puppet masters. Come on, man. He's the president of the United States. They don't have puppet masters, they have people who have their ear.

I support Obama and his plans of world domination as long as his puppet masters aren't aliens.

Oh and he needs to give us Asia, too.

He doesn't have any puppet masters. Come on, man. He's the president of the United States. They don't have puppet masters, they have people who have their ear.

"You're wrong, 'cause you're, like, wrong man."

lol @ how loljks doesn't work anymore. :(

Just calling them as I see them, bro.

titan is such a ****ing cool name. why couldn't we be called something like that instead of pussy-ass earth?

earth, ****. jesus.

TITAN.

at least we can harvest the hell out of Titan at the very least. If not lets terraform that bitch into something worthwhile. considering the high chance we'll have to live outside of Earth someday, theres never a bad time to start investing in the future

This is why we're not allowed to leave Earth.

interesting story, but i won't buy it until something more concrete comes out.

Back