New Portal 2 Concept Art

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Game Informer and their month of Portal 2 coverage has come to an end with a summary page including exclusive new concept art showing a torn and overgrown aperture science laboratory. You can see 3 of these images here. The rest of the concept art from the whole month can be found here.[br]The month has provided much new information about Portal 2, all of which you can you can read on the Game Informer Portal 2 hub.

Those pieces with the cars, indicating that the street above the facility has collapsed, are really nifty.

Those pieces with the cars, indicating that the street above the facility has collapsed, are really nifty.
It could also just be from the parking lot above it you see at the end of Portal...
I cant help but notice what looks like soft-edged realtime shadows the seem to be using in the screenshot used on the frontpage...
Maybe they finally switched lighting model for source on Portal 2 and ep3?

Going off some of the shots from Gameinformer, they've gone with a much better dynamic lighting model. Whether it'll replace or supplement the pre-baked lighting model they use now remains to be seen.

Can't wait to play this. I just got Portal 1 two days ago, and I already want the second one.

This is the most life-like piece of artwork on Source technology I have ever seen!
I do hope such cutting-edge innovation will be available both in OpenGL and Dirext3D in the game.

TBH I wasn't all that interested in Portal 1 (at the time I bought OB it was for Episode 2), but I've gotten more into it and I like what I've seen from Portal 2, here. Looks great.

Back