Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passes Away Aged 55

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
tumblr_m55ytlGHrq1qcv0h3.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Damn, damn, damn.

Holy ****, this came out of nowhere. I knew he's been hospitalized during the past few weeks, but I didn't think it was anything critical. Rip.

This is on the same level if Gabe Newell died today -- heartbreakening.

Rest in Peace.

I never owned a nintendo console and still I respected him and knew that he was a good man for this industry. RIP
Yes we knew he had health problems, but this still surprised and shocked me.

This is on the same level if Gabe Newell died today -- heartbreakening.

Rest in Peace.

That comparison is kinda stupid. It sounds like other deaths are meaningless, only if people on the level of Gabe Newell die its heartbreaking. I'm sure you don't mean it that way though, but whats the point of this comparison anyway? Okay I guess that's your way of showing how much you respected this man.

Last edited:
but whats the point of this comparison anyway?

As a person whos not a fan of nintendo, I don't relate to this death as much as they would. So I figured that if the CEO of my most favorite/nostalgic company passed away, I would personally be deeply heartbroken aswell. I say that, because I'm not personally heartbroken. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a tragedy he's passed away, but I think I would personally have been a lot more grieving if I was a nintendo fan, hence my former analogy.

Though it's badly worded, I give you that.

Anyone else really curious to see what direction a new CEO could take the company in?
(and no I don't mean that in a "I'm glad he's dead now good things can happen" way)

Nintendo already said that they want to continue Iwata's way, thats what they say at least.

Back