Oh dear... Leslie Nielsen died :(

love_nutz2

Reaction score
leslie1.jpg

Veteran comedian and actor Leslie Nielsen has died in a Florida hospital, his family confirmed to Global News on Sunday evening. The Canadian actor was 84.

Nielsen rose to fame with roles in the Airplane and Naked Gun film franchises. He had apparently been suffering from pneumonia for more than a week.

“Today at 5:30 with his friends and his wife by his side, he just fell asleep and passed away,” his nephew Doug Nielsen told Manitoba radio station CJOB68.

Read more: http://arts.nationalpost.com/2010/11/28/comedian-leslie-nielsen-dead-at-84/#ixzz16dIK9YSm

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2010/11/28/comedian-leslie-nielsen-dead-at-84/

Oh dear, he was a good actor for comedy, rest in peace Nielsen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C29-gLZLt9s

Aw damn, you beat me to the thread. :(

I'm fairly heartbroken over this.
I was just watching Airplane this morning and The Naked Gun last night.

Rest in peace good sir.

Seriously dying from pneumonia? Really? I bet the doctors were all like "he's very old so why should we bother to try our hardest to save his life".

Pneumonia and influenza are the fifth leading causes of death in seniors.

Ah that's a shame, a tinge of sadness to Airplane now :( Still 84 is a good age.

Such a great actor, he'll be remembered thats for sure, he looked very frail in that picture, I'm really down now, you'd think these people would live forever but there as moral as me or you.

yeah I loved the Naked Gun series. Almost every time I'd go to the library with my mom and brothers, we'd pick those movies out. They don't make parodies like they did in the 80s.

I'll remember him always for his unexpected cameos.

Rest in piece. The Naked Gun movies were some of my favourites growing up. :(

"I just wanted to say: we're all counting on you."

RIP man, you ****ing legend.

I have double pneumonia right now, good thing I'm not a senior.

R.I.P mr. nielson

Yes. And don't call me Shirley.

love love love it.

Anyone seen Police Squad? Some of his best work, imo. Damn this sucks.

Aw man, this sucks. Leslie was just epic. His roles in Due South were my favourite bits.

He lived a full life and I hope he had no regrets. I only hope that he left a will that will mandate something comparable to this:

Woke up to this morning, showing clips of his stuff on the news and I knew he had passed on. Absolutely gutted, grew up watching his films with my dad, sad, sad times :(

Leslie Nielsen was a physical manifestation of the comedy I loved. A mix of slapstick and wordplay along with his stoic demeanor and perfect delivery made him the best thing I could have asked for in any movie. I remember watching the Naked Gun movies when I was a kid and laughing along with my dad. Airplane was even better. I even liked him in his more recent movies like Spy Hard. I knew he was getting up there in age, but I just never wanted to admit he'd die one day.

Unfortunately, actors are just as mortal as you or me.
So many great actors are really up there in age now...

Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and plenty of others I'm sure.

is official the world is not fair

rip leslie nielsen goddamed

I will play the theme of the naked gun movies in high volume all the week

Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna.

:(

Back