Oklahomo Police taze bedridden 86 yr old grandma

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
When Lonnie Tinsley's 86-year-old bedridden grandmother refused to take her medicine, he called emergency services in El Reno, Oklahoma and requested a medical technician. Instead, a dozen armed officers arrived at the scene.

According to officer Duran’s official report, Mrs Vernon had taken an 'aggressive posture' in her hospital bed. In order to ensure 'officer safety', one of his men 'stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation'.

Another of the officers then shot her with a taser, but the connection wasn’t solid. A second fired his taser, 'striking her to the left of the midline of her upper chest, and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain', and unconsciousness. Lona was then handcuffed with sufficient ruthlessness to tear the soft flesh of her forearms, causing her to bleed. After her wounds were treated at a local hospital, Lona was confined for six days in the psychiatric ward at the insistence of the El Reno Police Department.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...Taser-86-year-old-bed-ridden-grandmother.html

she was stunned into silence by the turn of events

014328o4w.jpg

I take it the police officers are under investigation and will be fired/prosecuted?

Why is it that American police always gets away with shit and its almost common sense that they are never held responsible? If this happened in lets say Sweden or some other country, the police would be getting torn apart by the media, government AND the people. But it seems like in America everyone just says "oh well" and continues with their day.

I take it the police officers are under investigation and will be fired/prosecuted?

Why is it that American police always gets away with shit and its almost common sense that they are never held responsible? If this happened in lets say Sweden or some other country, the police would be getting torn apart by the media, government AND the people. But it seems like in America everyone just says "oh well" and continues with their day.
In case you didn't understand my previous post, Dailymail isn't real news.

"Courthouse News Service is a nationwide news service for lawyers and the news media."

Seems a little bit too much, and sensationalist.

What's the reliability of the details of the story?

goddamn lairs

She probably deserved to be charged.

well that is shocking

*ba dum dum dish!*

Cop: Ma'm, take your ****ing medication, NOW!

Old Woman - sticks and stones may break my bones but words will....

cop-points-taser-at-you2.jpg

Those officers are going to get hosed.

I guess a spoonful of taser
*sunglasses*
Puts the medicated down

Apparently she was trying to kill herself with a knife. They tased her to save her.

El Reno police said they were forced to taser an 86-year-old El Reno woman last week who was threatening to kill herself and threatened officers with a knife.
The incident occurred Dec. 22 at the Elizabeth Place Apartments, 1955 S. Shephard, said Police Chief Ken Brown.
Brown said the woman's grandson telephoned police asking for help for his grandmother, who he said was threatening to overdose on medication. The chief said when officers arrived, they found the woman lying on a bed. He said when the woman saw the officers she ordered them out of her home and told them that she “wanted to die.”
Brown said the woman pulled a kitchen knife and told officers “she was in control of her life.” Brown said officers then tasered the woman and took the knife.
Brown said the woman was taken to Parkview Hospital where the tasers were removed and she was admitted to a mental health center.

http://www.elrenotribune.com/CatIndex.aspx?pageType=1&id=4000

Usually I never believe cops but this story sounds a bit too fishy, sounds like they got themselves a high power attornet and want a nice little pay off. Many cops like to beat up people but I would be shocked if they didn't know tasing a 86 year old lady for no reason would be bad PR.

Not nearly as horrible, but she should have the right to die (especially at that age/condition) as long as she isn't a super drama queen about it like she was being.

Bitch deserved it. She was taking the 'caged dog' attack pose.

Ah.... this takes me back.

To the wonderous days of old when I played SWAT 4 and tazed, beanbagged, peppersprayed, tear gassed, and finally shot the leg of the serial killer's mother.

But of course, the newer story sounds more plausible.

Apparently she was trying to kill herself with a knife. They tased her to save her.

http://www.elrenotribune.com/CatIndex.aspx?pageType=1&id=4000

Usually I never believe cops but this story sounds a bit too fishy, sounds like they got themselves a high power attornet and want a nice little pay off. Many cops like to beat up people but I would be shocked if they didn't know tasing a 86 year old lady for no reason would be bad PR.

Yeah, stories like this usually spark a high-profile case, and the truth usually comes to light.

Bitch deserved it. She was taking the 'caged dog' attack pose.

Damn, thats just barely one step below '7 year old girl in the wrong house' pose! Good thing they got her before she reached that level.

Let her die.

Not nearly as horrible, but she should have the right to die (especially at that age/condition) as long as she isn't a super drama queen about it like she was being.

Then we all know the thread would be titled "Oklahomo police stand around as 86 year old woman kills herself."

Back