Portal Quotes. *Spoilers Within*

Favorite had to be the "NO WAY" one. But what were the eyes saying during the final battle?

One was reciting a cooking recipe or something.

That one in particular was reciting a cake recipe, because we all know what an important part cake plays in Portal, right? :p

The first one was being very curious, and the third one was... well... agressive. :p

I loved all the little bits of GLaDOS, made me laugh. Just before you incinerate the curious one it says "can you smell burning". Brilliant. The last one scared me the first time i picked it up :eek:

I gotta say, when you first confront her and the first ball drops off and she's like "Wait! What is that?! I can tell you its not the suprise I had planned for you etc etc" I was laughing so hard...

Then I got a job offer email from this place I sent my resume to, and the message sounded EXACTLY like GlaDOS:

Thanks for your interest in the position. I'd like to schedule you to come
in for some skills assessment tests. There are 3 tests which take
approximately 2 hrs total. In addition there is a professional assessment
which you can take in the office, or you can take from the luxurious
splendor of your own home at your convenience, in pajamas if so inclined.

I like GLaDOS's Curiosity sphere. It makes a reference to the weird leg-brace things Chell is wearing.

"Ewww! What happened to your legs?"

I like GLaDOS's Curiosity sphere. It makes a reference to the weird leg-brace things Chell is wearing.

VALVe added those to stop people asking how the hell she can survive falling 30,000 feet (developer commentary)

Seriously, what part isn't quotable? I don't think there is a GLaDOS line that wasn't great.

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure, any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official record, followed by death"

"If you become lightheaded from thirst, feel free to pass out"

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure, any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official record, followed by death"
Heh, I love it when you complete that test she says " Warning of high risk environments is proven to improve applicant success rates"

Oh and...

"In the face of extreme pessimism you show resolve" (when saying the challenge is impossible)

And

"This arena has been converted into an army training arena I'm afraid and is very dangerous and could kill you. Good luck"

Other favs:

The "INSERT PARTICIPANTS NAME HERE" in a fast manly voice when glados was speaking.

"YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY ANYWAY!" " You should have turned left back there...it's funny really"

I don't remember the exact words but...

"Remember that time we tried to kill you by putting you in fire and you were like NO WAY? That was great."

That was my favourite

I think it was "Didn't we have fun, though? Remember that part where you were about to go into the fire pit and I said "Goodbye" and you were like "No way!" and then I was all "we pretended we were going to murder you". Wasn't that fun? ... hello, are you still there?"

"Your business is appreciated." (the toilet)

that was totally unexpected and made me loling hard

Whats that?

ooooh whats overrr hereeee

That thing has numbers on it!

Do you smell burning?

"If the companion cube does talk, and Aperture Science would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it cannot, please disregard it's advice"

Or something.

And then what she said prior to that, about the companion cube not being able to stab you or something.

Classic. Was laughing the whole way through.

"Do you think I'm trying to trick you by using reverse-psycology? SERIOUSLY NOW."

Just played through again with dev commentary and realized I forgot this one. From the end when you pick up the first piece of equipment that falls off of her.

"Maybe you should marry that thing since you love it so much. Do you want to marry it? WELL I WON'T LET YOU. How does that feel?"

Something like this - "Contact with the high engery ball may result in permanant disabilites - such as vaporization." :eek:

Also, "Falling on the test floor may result in an unsatisfactory mark on your permanent record - followed by death."

well done, android. we would like to take this opertunity to remind you that android hell is real and is where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance.

(something along those lines)

GLaDOS: "There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all your friends were invited to. I even invited your best friend the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him..."

(While you're carting around the morality sphere.)
"It might be a raw sewage container. Go ahead and rub your face all over it."

the line about prolonged exposure to the button not being part of the test, was funny..

Cant remember it exactly - or was it the box?

I can't believe NOONE has quoted these ;

"Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self Esteem Fund for Girls? It’s true!"

"When I said 'deadly neurotoxin,' the deadly was in massive sarcasm quotes."

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me."

"Congratulations. The test is now over. All Aperture technologies remain safely operational up to 4000 degrees kelvin. Rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous equipment malfunction prior to your victory candescence. Thank you for participating in this Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment activity. Goodbye."

"While it has been a faithful companion, your Companion Cube cannot accompany you through the rest of the test. If it could talk - and the Enrichment Center takes this opportunity to remind you that it cannot - it would tell you to go on without it because it would rather die in a fire than become a burden to you."

"Although the euthanizing process is remarkably painful, 8 out of 10 Aperture Science engineers believe that the Companion Cube is most likely incapable of feeling much pain."

I can't decide on a favourite quote.. sigh.

Most of what the cubes said were great. Turn the subtitles on, as you will miss a lot of things otherwise.

A lot of what you've already said and, I don't remember the exact line, but it was something like this: "It's my duty to give you the best possible adive as you do though the tests. Touching the water will kill you. Don't touch the water."

"If the companion cube does talk, Aperture Science would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it cannot, please disregard it's advice"

Best quote, no doubt.

"Don't believe me? Here, I'll put you on. 'Hellooo!' That's you! That's how dumb you sound!"

"Oh, you think you're doing some damage?! 2+2 is ... 10, in base four, I'm fine!"

"Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol, but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth."

"...alarms and flashing hazard lights have been found to agitate the high energy pellet and have therefore been disabled for your safety."

i like the cake recipe ball:
"One 18.25 ounce package chocolate cake mix. One can prepared coconut pecan frosting. Three slash four cup vegetable oil. Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three slash four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flower. Don't forget garnishes such as: Fish shaped crackers. Fish shaped candies. I like fish. Fish shaped solid waste. Fish shaped dirt. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Pull and peel licorice. Fish shaped organic compounds and sediment shaped sediment. Candy coated peanut butter pieces. Shaped like fish. One cup lemon juice. Alpha resins. Unsaturated polyester resins. Fiberglass surface resins. And volatile malted milk impoundments. Nine large egg yolks. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. One cup granulated sugar. An entry called 'how to kill someone with your bare hands.' Two cups rhubarb, sliced. Two slash three cups granulated rhubarb. One tablespoon all-purpose rhubarb. One teaspoon grated orange rhubarb. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire. One large rhubarb. One cross borehole electro-magnetic imaging rhubarb. Two tablespoons rhubarb juice. Adjustable aluminum head positioner. Slaughter electric needle injector. Cordless electric needle injector. Injector needle driver. Injector needle gun. Cranial caps. And it contains proven preservatives, deep penetration agents, and gas and odor control chemicals. That will deodorize and preserve putrid tissue."
:cheese:

"Aperture science would like to say that the previous statement that we were not surveliing you is an outright fabrication. "

"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

Never submerge the Aperture Portal device in water, even partialy, and under no (S-word, sounds like surcomstasis) should you BZZZZZZZZ

Wait... the companion cube talked? :eek:

I had subtitles on, but didn't hear anything.

I just beat the game... I love this game so much! I wish I had a full list of all the quotes in the game, as the ones at the end of the game were awesome but so many of them that I might have to play it again and again to hear.

Wait... the companion cube talked?

I had subtitles on, but didn't hear anything.

I just beat the game... I love this game so much! I wish I had a full list of all the quotes in the game, as the ones at the end of the game were awesome but so many of them that I might have to play it again and again to hear.

No, J/K and you can have all the quotes
GCFscape

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol, but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel and teeth.

Congratulations. The test is now over. All Aperture technologies remain safely operational up to 4000 degrees Kelvin. Rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous equipment malfunction prior to your victory candescence. Thank you for participating in this Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment activity. Goodbye.

Oh, you think you?re doing some damage?! 2+2 is... 10... in base four, I'm fine!
Ah - there isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you, so I guess you win. Ha - I'm making more! That's going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile - oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret.

Umm and the forum's telling me my message is too short and to extend it to 5 characters in length...

"Did you know that you can donate all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self-Confidence for Women Fund? It's true!" or something like that.

The red morality core that gets all pissed off at you when you pick it up was just awesome too. Mike Patton does such a good job of making demonic and freaky voices. "RARARGHAHG PUT ME DOWN RAAARGH I'LL KILL YOU."

I love how the Curiosity Core is like "Oh, hello. Who are you? What's that?"

Oh, and you gotta love "Oh, and it says you were adopted, so that is funny also".

Back