Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, by the same token, T2 is just a corny kids movie. Fair?

Not at all.

The Iron Giant: 10/10
This is the best animated movie I've ever seen, and I might even suggest the best movie of all time, but, among the greats, it's hard to choose. The story, characters, art style, humor, time setting and ending are all fantastic. I really can't get over how good this movie is. Words can't describe its greatness, or I just can't choose the correct ones. The ending makes me tear up every single time.

Suuuuuuuuppppperrmannnnnn

But robots are ****ING AWESOME.

Also, by the same token, T2 is just a corny kids movie. Fair?
Pff, you're corny.

Terminator 2 - YOUR FACE/10

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome.

National Treasure(The new one) - 6/10.

I dunno the subtitle's name, God this sucked. We only went because everything else was booked and There Will Be Blood wasn't in cinemas today wtf? So it was this, Definately Maybe or Jumper. My friend chose this. It was so boring, I couldn't care less about the story or characters, I was hoping Ed Harris' character would smoke every one in the end. Obviously the actors were only in this for their fat paychecks. Way too long.

AVOID.

Whats the track 1 minute and 5 seconds through the trailer? Sounds very familiar.

Charlie Wilson's War 8/10

I laughed.

ALLAH AKBAR! ALLAH AKBAR! :p

Cloverfield - 9/10

I honestly can't be arsed putting out a long(ish) post about what I liked and didn't like about Cloverfield, but I would suggest you make a point of seeing it in cinemas. It's really well done and pretty solid.

Eastern Promises - 9/10

At this point, I'm beginning to worry I'm becoming something of a Cronenberg fanboy. But this really is a great movie, and Viggo Mortensen was perfectly cast for his part. There is, of course, the obligatory Cronenberg scene of "WTF" violence, but that's not a knock against it.

I liked how so many motives and characters were almost enigmas up until well into the film. I didn't think of anybody the same way as I had at the start of the movie.

Ratatoullie - 9/10...

Awesome. Pixar never disappoints, I actually watched this with my parents and a couple of their friends.
Everyone loved it.

Whats the track 1 minute and 5 seconds through the trailer? Sounds very familiar.
I think it's called "To the Stars"; it's from the Dragonheart soundtrack, and, in those tail-end days of the 20th century, it was used in every goddamn film trailer under the sun. :p

Well, I do know they used it in the movie dragonheart. Which is an awesome movie.

EDIT: sulks beat me to it. But I knew without even seeing his post. I just love that movie, and that was even before I knew who sean connery was.

ALSO- I got kind of put off of Iron Giant by Cartoon Network- for two or three years in a row thay would have a day where they'd play Iron Giant for twenty four hours. And you know what? I must've seen it about ten times, but I still haven't seen the first few minutes of it.

I think it's called "To the Stars"; it's from the Dragonheart soundtrack, and, in those tail-end days of the 20th century, it was used in every goddamn film trailer under the sun. :p

Hahah, I was about to say it was from Free Willy.

Half Past Dead - It was a Steven Seagal movie co-starring Ja Rule playing on broadcast television at 3pm on a Saturday. What do you think it was rated?

Shoot 'Em Up - 8/10

Juno: 9/10
Excellent comedy, well written and acted.

Shaun of the Dead - 9/10. Hilarious, but unfortunately I couldn't laugh a lot because my mouth was so painful. But anyway, Simon Pegg rulz!!!

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - 9/10. What can I say. Either you think I rate movies well and see this or you piss off and don't watch it. Your choice.

Scream 7/10 found it to be a cool step on the whole horror thing by adding the whole concept of that they watch to many horror films and know whats going to happen and then it actually does.

Scream 2 3/10 Stupid film, but enjoyed the bits were they take the piss out of themselfs. Didnt see the need in it really, but it builds nicely for the 3rd.

Scream 3 5/10 watchably good, just found the ended scene stupid but it wanted/intented to be.

If you watch them all the way they was ment to be watched, which is by not taking it to serious and watch it to kind take the pee out of other horror films but then do it its self gives akinda good/new scence on the whole teen/horror thing.

If you watch the killers there just to stupid and clumsey.

The Mist - 7.5/10 - Only got good half way through, once the supermarket divided into its groups. Up until that point, the acting felt so forced and everything was so corny and predictable :/

The ending on the other hand.

Juno: 9/10
Excellent comedy, well written and acted.

I agree with this.

I usually hate movies like this (emotional comedies) but this was really good, my missus even had tears in her eyes.

Aye, Snatch has to be the best british film ever. SOOOO funny.

"It's a shotgun Sol"
"It's a ****ing anti-aircraft gun Vincent!"

Snatch is awesome.

There Will Be Blood 10/10
Absolutely amazing film. Everything about it comes together so well, that it couldn't be any better. Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing in it, but thats Daniel Day-Lewis for you. Paul Dano does a fantastic job as the slimy preacher and the score by Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead is bizarrely brilliant. It won't win the Oscars it deserves too (besides Daniel Day-Lewis) but i'll be damned if it isn't one of the best films of the past 5 years. Easily.

I last watched movie is Transformer.IT is a good movie that i have saw recenly

I know Numbers will get a kick out this - he's probably seen it 100 times :E

Taegukgi (aka Brotherhood)
9/10
Moving, very realistic and gritty war drama set in the Korean War following two brothers pressganged into the defence of Pusan with the South Korean Army that captures the brutality of civil war beautifully. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a more depressing (in a good way) movie - really tugs at the heart strings at times. Although Jin Seok was so irritating that you kind of had to wonder why the older brother bothered at all :D Great movie - highly recommended.

Lucky Number Slevin - 7/10
Good film. Worth a watch, even if it's not fantastic.

Taegukgi (aka Brotherhood)
9/10
Moving, very realistic and gritty war drama set in the Korean War following two brothers pressganged into the defence of Pusan with the South Korean Army that captures the brutality of civil war beautifully. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a more depressing (in a good way) movie - really tugs at the heart strings at times. Although Jin Seok was so irritating that you kind of had to wonder why the older brother bothered at all :D Great movie - highly recommended.

I thought that was a bit shite tbh, the characters were all caricatures I felt. I actually never finished watching it.

BeoWulf DC - 7/10

Decent film, blood violence and action, as well as a semi naked Jolie. :)

No Country for Old Men : 9/10

Simply Awesome!!!

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street : 7/10

Shoot em up 8.5/10

Craziest action movie I've seen, with plenty of LOL WTF? moments :LOL:

Eagle vs. Shark - 7/10

Basically New Zealand's take on Napoleon Dynamite-esque humour, but I think some of the charm was lost in the transition. Still it was well acted with some pretty funny moments, and it contains one half of Flight of the Conchords, so you can't go wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back