Resident Evil 4 Reviews

Sparta said:
And if you were to toss up between a new graphics card or RE 4, what would you choose?

Definately Res 4.

It's easily up there with HL2 as the of best releases of recent times (personally I prefer it)

It really is really good :)

So let's try this again without everyone ignoring me. How many chapters are there?

hum, am not having much fun with this game. Love the RE series but this one just does not sit well with me. Every time I finish playing I feel more mad then happy, that can't be good. I might go sell it tomorrow.

Warbie said:
Definately Res 4.

It's easily up there with HL2 as the of best releases of recent times (personally I prefer it)

It really is really good :)
I'll go with the graphics card. I've got two months to wait until it comes out in Australia, in the mean time i've got R:TW and WoW to keep me busy, which they are doing quite well.

I played RE4 a bit. Very good game so far, only thing is that fighting them spaniards get repeatitive sometimes.

lans said:
I played RE4 a bit. Very good game so far, only thing is that fighting them spaniards get repeatitive sometimes.

There's quite a few ways to take em out - I was suprised in how different replaying each level could be (especillay as you get new weapons and can suplex them :))

//edit - the bad guys become a great deal more varied as the game continues too. Infact some of them are the most creative and enjoyable foe i've encounted in a video game :) The bosses are also excellent.

i just ran into my first 'regenerator'. kinda sucks fighting them until you get the new scope. but they are one kick ass bad guy, one of my all time favorites now!

man o man, this game is getting cooler by the second, I go the prezzies daughter and fought guys with exploding tenticle heads :O and a giant ogre type guy.

and got the kickass lueger and sold my old pos pistol, hello accuracy and power and vintage ass kickage :)

jimbo118 said:
spaniards,what kinda game is this? :hmph: :dozey:

A game where you get to kick some serious Spanirad ass!!

I Completed RE4 earlier, it's easily in my top 5 games ever. An amazing ride from start to finish.

The mini game thats gets unlocked upon completion is awesome as well.

Well done Capcom now lets hope this game gets the sales it deserves(which it probably won't).

What a game :)

Just finished Assignment Ada (on par with the best bits of the main game imo) and unlocked Krauser in Mercneries.

Playing the main campaign on professional is also proving to be a far more tense and exciting experience. It's hard to believe that Res 4 could get any better, but it has.

Best.Game.In.Years. :afro:

Warbie said:
What a game :)

Just finished Assignment Ada (on par with the best bits of the main game imo) and unlocked Krauser in Mercneries.

Playing the main campaign on professional is also proving to be a far more tense and exciting experience. It's hard to believe that Res 4 could get any better, but it has.

Best.Game.In.Years. :afro:

Glad you like it.

I had fun with RE4, but HL2 is still the Best.Game.In.Years. IMO.

Horses for courses :)

My only gripe with RES 4 was that at times the fighting could get a little repetive. (which is largely to do with it not being that tough, and giving you so much health and ammo there's little thought required or worry about dying) It's very different on proffesional tho - and is now almost perfect :)

So the game is about as long as HL2, and it kicks just as much ass (if not more) and you can upgrade weapons. Its also got kickass graphics, and tons and tons of zombie-killing?

One last question......

Is it hard?

Because some games now-a-days are just too easy.

Sparta said:
So the game is about as long as HL2, and it kicks just as much ass (if not more) and you can upgrade weapons. Its also got kickass graphics, and tons and tons of zombie-killing?

One last question......

Is it hard?

I've died about 25 times or so and im roughly 7 hours into the game so it's definitely hard at times. How dare you call them zombies though...call them the los illuminados!!!

Sparta said:

One last question......

Is it hard?

I wouldn't say it was tough - it's certainly no Ninja Gaiden or Viewtiful Joe in this respect.

Plenty of health is left laying around, and more ammo than you'll need. This is the one (small) fault with Res 4 imo - I never had to worry about anything (which was one of the strong points in previous titles in the series) Very rarely was I close to dying, or forced to use any weapons other than the ones most suited to the job. As a result things could get a little samey (large group of guys all together, shotgun them, guy a long way away, snipe him ... rinse and repeat). Regardless, the first time through the game was simply breath taking.

Once you finish the game you unlock a few new costumes/weapons, Assignment Ada (an excellent one or two hour long game staring one of the characters from the main campaign) and Mercenries (four levels of complete and utter blood spillage in which the goal is to kill as many bad guys as possible in a combo to earn points and unlock characters/weapons. This is hard) Best of all, you can play the single player game again on proffesional difficulty - which is far tougher (cue much tension, plenty of dying/running out of ammo, more variety and improvisation) The minor faults with the game on normal just disappear :)

Res 4 is the first game i've begun again immediately after completeion in a very long time - which has to say something :)

Finding the game better than HL2 in many ways. I like the superb integration of instant shoulder-view action and cutscenes - you never feel out of the action - in fact it's done more neatly than I had expected any developer could do. I would've loved some first-person scenes not controlled by me (Gordon) sometimes.

Action/custscene choreography is right up there with Kojima's work.

The monster detail is unbelievable - they look organic (not plasticky due to normal mapping) and certainly not generic. This is the way to render!

So far I'm loving this game! :D I'm hard to impress and scare, but this game has finally eeked me in places.

ThomasToad said:
I've died about 25 times or so and im roughly 7 hours into the game so it's definitely hard at times. How dare you call them zombies though...call them the los illuminados!!!
Not even that, dude...they're "Ganados".

Pressure said:
How many chapters are there?

Six total.

Ch 1-1
Ch 1-2
Ch 1-3

Ch 2-1
Ch 2-2
Ch 2-3

Ch 3-1
Ch 3-2
Ch 3-3
Ch 3-4

Ch 4-1
Ch 4-2
Ch 4-3
Ch 4-4

Ch 5-1
Ch 5-2
Ch 5-3
Ch 5-4

Ch 6-1

Damn just beat the game a few days ago. Wasn't really scary in the typical sense, creepy though, plus it was fun as hell.

Awesome is all I can say.....

AzzMan said:
Damn just beat the game a few days ago. Wasn't really scary in the typical sense, creepy though, plus it was fun as hell.
I dunno, dude...
The regenerators were pretty scary...with their breathing....*shiver*

Hmm yea I guess youre right about that.

I got freaked when I blew off one's legs, and all of the sudden it came scurrying at me on the ground, FAST.

AzzMan said:
Hmm yea I guess youre right about that.

I got freaked when I blew off one's legs, and all of the sudden it came scurrying at me on the ground, FAST.
Are you SERIOUS!?!

*runs to try it out*

Back