Steam "Give & Get" Sale Begins

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Starting today and running through until 29th November a large selection of games and game packs will be available at significant discounts.[br]Excitingly Valve are giving away lots of free games and all you've got to do add your desired games to your Steam 'wishlist'. Valve will be awarding 30 users with the top five games on their wishlists each day, however you must have a minimum of 10 games on your list! [br]For more details check out the Steam give & get sale page.[br]

Today's deals:
[br]
Gift pack deals:

Just added a crap ton of games to my wish list. Top 5:
71C8t.png

Wishlist time. Can't figure out how to change order of times in-browser. Store won't load in steam for me.

You need 10 games on your list to be eligible.

These are my top 5:

20101124162032capture.jpg

This and the holiday sale? Damn you Valve!

Alpha Protocol for 7,50, tempting ...

Same. Sweepstakes ftw.

get it; better dialogue system than Mass Effect and your dialogue decisions actually affect your game world. buggy but worth $7.50

Didn't know you could add Portal 2, replacing Demo company with that.

does unreleased games such as portal 2 count?

oh an this is exxellent

Are you sure Portal 2 is eligible? After all it isn't available to pre purchase.

Every game in the Steam store has a 'Add to my wishlist' button. According to Valve: "By creating a wishlist of all the things you want, you'll ensure that your friends know exactly what you want."

Are you sure Portal 2 is eligible? After all it isn't available to pre purchase.

It is confirmed by Valve:

If the game can be added to the wishlist, then it's eligible.

Bleh, wish all games were eligible. Some I cannot add. How exactly do you change the order?

BY REAAAAAAAAAAADIIIIIIIIIING

Also common sense.

I've looked everywhere and there is nothing describing how to delete items on your wishlist or how to rank them. Even going to the "EDIT WISHLIST" page offers nothing editable, no trashcan, no drag and drop. Nothing.

I am doing it in my browser, I am at my campus. Apparently peeps at Steam are too sweet to have a consistent layout.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is RUSE any good ?
I have only valve games on my steam till now i hope.

And yeah, thanx valve for doing this :)

Nice little competition idea from Valve. Be awesome if I won. :D

top5s.png

Looking forward to the rest of the deals! :D

What the heck does this mean? Deus Ex 8-pack? Theres no information on it at all, and its an entirely separate package deal from the pack with Invisible War.

96795330.jpg

13011065.jpg

EDIT: Oh, is it a gift pack? Like you can give away eight copies?

EDIT2: My top ten. Its kinda hard to make a wishlist of 10 when you've already got pretty much every good game on steam already. This is pretty much the order I would want them in.

83478944.jpg

Is it okay to put unreleased games like Portal 2 on the list?

Is it okay to put unreleased games like Portal 2 on the list?

If you're going to post in a thread with a question, the least you could do is read it first, so we don't have to repeat ourselves.

If you can add it, it's eligible.

do you need to put 10 in your list to get involved? :eek:

so it will be just 30 people each day?

unreleased games will be a assured prepurchase?

Bleh, wish all games were eligible. Some I cannot add. How exactly do you change the order?
Their sucky site doesn't work in Firefox.

They're wanting everyone to do this from within Steam which uses WebKit.

I would put DX:HR, but I plan to see what the Collectors Edition has to offer first.

Back