Steam Holiday Sale Begins

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now through until January 2nd. You can save up to 80% on some games / packs, with some offers lasting a day but others lasting all week. Also a bit of extra fun with this sale from Valve with special holiday bonus savings...
In addition to the usual savings specials, each day of the sale will feature a special Holiday Bonus on one select title. The twist: Players must qualify for the Holiday Bonus by owning another Steam game.[br]
For example, the first Holiday Bonus is Portal - save an extra 10% if you own Half-Life 2. If you already own the title, Steam will automatically detect this and offer you the 10% savings during check out.

My poor wallet. Just finished Mass Effect, now I can go on with ME2 without any waiting.

steamholiday.jpg

I love the new layout this year so easy to see everything faster

This is what I've been waiting for!! I might pick up DuesEx from today's deals.

Picked up FEAR pack so far. A certain friend of mine will love it!

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now through until January 2nd. You can save up to 80% on some games / packs, with some offers lasting a day but others lasting all week.

Up to 92% off actually.

Oh Lord, steam must be getting a shitload of traffic right now. Slow as shit.

Edit: And now it won't let me buy stuff. I hope it works before the sale runs out...

This sale is going to kick some major debit card ass.

Everyone should pick up 'Winterbottom'. Sweet little gem for a mere $.50.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

FFS Valve, don't make the L4D games cheaper. I'm getting tired of newbies in versus games.

Guys looking to buy some of the game packs may want to double check before actually clicking Submit. Some of the packs you are paying more than if you were to purchase individually.

I.E.
Prince of Persia pack - $34.99 pack or $12.46 for all individually
Bethesda Pack - $69.99 pack or $53.82 for all individually
Grand Theft Auto pack - $64.99 pack or $56.90 for all individually
Freedom Force pack - $7.49 pack or $3.38 for all individually

Just something to look out for.

I bought:

Rockstar Collection
THQ Complete Pack
Paradox Complete Pack
Super Meat Boy

$169

tempted to buy the kids indie pack for crayon physics. Is it worth it?

I'd say no. Got bored/frustrated after about half an hour.

If you're trying to make an MS Paint joke, you have failed. I use the line tool, and paintbrush for non-lines. Pencil is virtually useless since it's just a 1x paintbrush.

If you're trying to make an MS Paint joke, you have failed. I use the line tool, and paintbrush for non-lines. Pencil is virtually useless since it's just a 1x paintbrush.

Wow... way to embrace technology and more advanced tools. I thought you were a little more hardcore than that, but that's okay... it's still cool.

Indie Fright Pack is excellent. Four games I've wanted for a while, the one I've never heard of is just a bonus! Also got Meat Boy and the original Fear.

I also heartily recommend PB Winterbottom. Under a buck games are a must buy unless you have a specific grudge against them, and Misadventures is a fun little gem.

Can't see anything I particularly want besides maybe Stranger's Wrath. How's the PC port?

Everyone should pick up 'Winterbottom'. Sweet little gem for a mere $.50.

Hey thanks, good find. I'd forgotten about that, and I think I feel ok with spending a mere $0.49 actually :p.

Six games (Well, purchases) so far - PoP:Sands of Time + Two Thrones, Republic Commando, Oddpack, Battlefield 2, and Super Meat Boy. Around $40 AUS atm.

Got Winterbottom because it was so damn cheap. I already have far too many games so I think I'll sit out the rest of the sale (unless maybe if VVVVV goes on sale for 50c).

How are the oddworld games? Videos look fun, but their forums make it look like the game is so bugged it is unplayable.

The first two are great but rather challenging. Haven't played the second two.

I think I might jump on The Witcher.

The page shows the old sales down there but it's not the same prices anymore (for yesterday's 1 day sale items).

Also not impressed with today's selection.... but happy with yesterday's purchases (BF: BC2, Meatboy, and Winterbottom).

I got me some Bioshock. :E

Might pick up some more over the next week, I have a little cash saved up. But I also need some pants, so it's either geeky basement dwelling or corporate servitude... decisions, decisions!

Very tempted on Bioshock 2 and The Witcher, also the new Tomb Raider game is quite a bit of fun, if the demo is any sort of indicator. Hmm...

I should probably buy New Vegas while Beth games are on sale, eh? If I enjoy Fallout 3 - will I derive the same kind of fun from NV?

Damn I wish I had known about Super Meat Boy earlier! I could have saved myself a couple bucks more. Now it's only 50%.

Back