Steam Holiday Sale Begins

Lost Planet 2 looks so tempting because I like giant monsters. Has anyone played it?

Also, Mirrors Edge is a must at that price.

It's a matter of mastering the various ways to beat the levels. I think it's easier to see them once you have actually played it multiple times (with the red crap off).

Mirror's Edge & Machinarium are very tempting but I'm accumulating so many games that I should prob hold back. Maybe I'll get 'em next time around. If this was 5 years ago, I'd totally have just blazed through all these games. Sigh. Gettin' tooooo darn old. :eek:

Is anyone else getting the following error while trying to purchase? "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I really don't want to miss out on these deals.. I'm guessing Steam servers are a little overloaded at the moment but I haven't been able to purchase all day. =\

Try restarting? Or changing your download server briefly.

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 for just 5 dollars... if you want an awesome wartime flight simulator.

Man, just yesterday, after watching the last Mesh Does Dead Space vid, I went to buy the game. I saw it was on sale for 25% off, and I was like "hmm... I feel like this is going to be a daily sale, perhaps I should wait" and then today, BAM 66% off. Intuition, you've done me well.

Picked up Amnesia. Not sure when I'll be prepared to play; took so much effort to get through Penumbra, scary as ****.

got Amnesia, Plants Vs Zombies GOTY, and Dead Space :D

all for like $17 which is cheaper than buying just Plants Vs Zombies at retail

Europa Universalis III is just $5 on steam right now.

It includes everything but the latest expansion that was released recently, which hasn't been brought to steam yet, unfortunately.

And yep there goes the actual Oblivion and GTA:IV complete sales - picked 'em both up. Really psyched to play through those when I get home to my desktop. <3 these sales

Key is to wait until the last day and ignore the damn publisher discounts, you dolts. It's not unfair marketing at all, it's just... marketing. Get used to it. Be a consciences and forward looking consumer.

Yay, I was waiting for HM: Blood Money to be even cheaper. $2.50, yoink.

$4.99 for Chernobyl and Pripyat is an amazing deal.

The entire Half-Life saga so far is now available for under $6 if you own one of the L4D games. Meanwhile at Valve straight jackets are being distributed to the staff, along with keyboards that work with your hands behind your back.

Was gonna jump on the STALKER pack but apparently its not available in Canada? Wtf, the first time around it was so why not now?

That's a bug. On the steam homepage one of the boxes changes to NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY everytime I refresh.

So, now that the bug is fixed I should ask: Is STALKER: Call of Pripyat worth getting? I loved the first one, but never got further than an hour or two in the second game.

CoP has the best gameplay, but probably the most uninteresting story of the Stalker games.

No, the story actually gets progressively worse as it goes on. I was interested in the beginning and filled with rage at the end.

Can anyone recommend a game to get my girlfriend before this sale ends?

She likes games that are simple but pretty (what woman doesn't?), and enjoys things like Osmos and Crayon Physics. I was thinking maybe something like Eufloria or Myst? I haven't tried either though..

Eufloria is a pretty cool game. Or perhaps something like Machinarium or Braid? Both have very simple mechanics and beautiful art styles.

Plants vs. Zombies? Who wouldn't love that!

Can anyone recommend a game to get my girlfriend before this sale ends?

She likes games that are simple but pretty (what woman doesn't?), and enjoys things like Osmos and Crayon Physics. I was thinking maybe something like Eufloria or Myst? I haven't tried either though..
Chime?

I forgot to mention an obvious but important thing; she's bad at most games.

Everyday Shooter is pretty cool. Simple, looks neat, and the gameplay-driven music is cool.

Braid and Plants vs Zombies are your best bet I'd say.

I'm tempted by stalker games, but they will be too scary for me (I have the bravery of a small girl).

I'd put in a rec for Braid but add a warning that it could totally suck if she is impatient.

I got my sister to play it over winter break but I sat there and occasionally gave big hints, and at times I was afraid she would break my keyboard out of frustration. Also she was not nearly as impressed by the ending as I anticipated. I'd rate her overall impression as a "meh."

DARWINIA is fun and pretty and simple so I vote for that :D. Though some people find it too repetitive.
Special bonus: It's in Indie Mix Pack with Eufloria and a few other games (I haven't played Eufloria though).

I forgot to mention an obvious but important thing; she's bad at most games.

Eufloria is good with a very minimalist, aesthetically pleasing interface and graphics style. It's simple but executed wonderfully and for a non-demanding gamer it could be great.

Plants vs Zombies is just an awesome puzzle game and if she hasn't played it would make a great choice.

World of Goo, too.

Peggle Deluxe is great addictive puzzle fun as well, and I got my girlfriend hooked on it for weeks.

Gave her Plants vs. Zombies. My god, is gift giving on steam a pain for anyone else? Every time I have done it, my friend did not receive my gift and I had to resend it.

I've had that problem once. Just resent via email and it worked. Plants Vs Zombies is great by the way, and I normally hate tower defence games.

I got the STALKER bundle, Torchlight and Amnesia. All for like 15 dollars, now I just have to buy a PC that can run them.

Back