"Swine Flu" appears, quickly spreads to US.

Interestingly:
Shens said:
Egypt, Pigs, Pandemic and Tyranny

Egypt is predominantly Moslem , you all know that. Egypt has Christians, the biggest group are the Copts, but there are other denominations. A small group of Copts are the Zabaleen. Who are the Zabaleen and what does all have to do with Egyptian politics and economy?

Zabaleen basically pick up all the rubbish, or garbage. They have done this in Egyptian cities for centuries. What they also do is use the organic material to feed their pigs. They raise pigs and sell them on an as needed basis. The service they provide is incredible. Daily pick up and no charge. They basically recycle pretty much all the material.

For some time now, part of the modernization and continued corruption of Egypt by the Mubarak dynasty, they have wanted to take away that work from the Zabaleen and give garbage contracts to corporations that will do the service for a price. Trucks sold by European companies, contracts, charges etc. Of course the reasons used are sanitation, public health. Instead, they should be looking for a way to help the Zabaleen enter into modern methods and sustain their way of living.

So, what an excuse, the swine flu. Now the Egyptian government wants to slaughter the 300,000 pigs owned by Zabaleen for the prevention of the swine flu. The original decree was that the Zabaleen would be compensated for the pigs, but now they are saying that since they can sell the pigs, they will not be compensated.

The Zabaleen sell pigs one by one. They are not butchers and have no refrigeration or a system to sell the pigs. So, it's impossible to sell pigs slaughtered en masse. Not to mention the danger of cholera.

Also, at this time Egypt is in the midst of many worker strikes. What a great time to create an artificial enemy, the Zabaleen to distract from the strikes by numerous sectors.

Yet, what do Western eyes see: 1. The little piglets ,or 2. The fellow OS blogger who thinks this is a brilliant move to protect the Christians.

First of all the Zabaleen are being scape goated and the means of survival are being taken away by the tyranny that is Mubarak, our best friend in the Middle East. The government knows that this is not a solution, but they will use it to manipulate public opinion. They will use it as the reason to eliminate the living of the Zabaleen.

In the name of modernization and in the name of public health two wrongs will take place and we in the West will applaud:

1. An impoverished minority will lose the means of sustainability, methods that date back centuries. Modern companies will do the work with trucks and contracts, kick backs to government officials. The west will probably give loans for this modernization and they will get to sell the trucks. There will be ribbon cutting ceremonies and tv coverage talking about modernization.

2. Mubarak is using the swine flu hysteria to distract from his political problems, the strikes and general dissatisfaction by the Egyptian people with the economy and the policies. Pigs, the symbol of the unclean and non believers will be used to redirect frustration with his regime.

Next time you look for fanatic Isalmists, look at the regimes that we support and how they manipulate and oppress their people.

You see when you reduce the middle east to the binaries we know, just religion, you miss the layers of economic and political nuance that complicate the issues in those countries. Then we can justify supporting their dictators, because we convince ourselves that the dictators are good for the people and ultimately good for us.

Whenever you see an easy binary, look underneath. See all the layers and look at them once in a while from the point of view of the people living in that nation, not just "our interests".

UPDATE: Here is an Egyptian bloggers collection of strike pictures. Not much coverage in the world news. 3arabawy, is a leftist blogger from Egypt, his photography is incredible.

Source.

^That should be treated as genocide, or genocide of a species? It should be humane rights violation or something. It's asinine.

Not so serious: If they go through with it though, the west will have nearly a monopoly on pork.

Anyway a couple of people in VA, USA came down with Mexican Flu (rather blame it on Mexican gov't or Mexican sanitation than poor wittle piggy) Seems they had a full recovery, and the contingency plan went smoothly.

Back to you Bob, with the weather.

The truth:

*vid*

"you call urself muslim or whatever...it does not matter.... you are atheist in dis movie"

Omg the youtube comments-

DeverHB
But if everyone was dead, where would that money come from? Also what value would this money have if there's no one to trade it with on the damn planet? ;)

jesuzfreek777
Money

DeverHB

Why would scientist want to kill everyone on earth? What would they gain from doing that?

A girl I went to school with is complaining about horrid chest pains and how weak she feels. Apparently i live in the State with 50 known cases (NY)

Was listening to the rock station on the radio and heard the dude say "We here at 97.9 are also concerned about the swine flu, so here's Contagious!" I was luling.

Um yeah, because that was my logic. Let me break it down:

- the bird flu was going around at the time (about 2001 2002 IIRC)
-I had the flu
-the bird flu had infiltrated my state
-it can be transmitted by the mosquito (-in fact that type of mosquito in particular was shown on my local news)
-I had mosquitoes living in my bedroom that I didn't notice at first
-I had mosquito bites before and during my illness
-I hadn't left my room much, since I was in my room writing music and was unemployed.
-I hadn't left my house in a while since I had a suspended drivers license
-shared bathroom and kitchen with my roommate and her 3 children - nobody else in my house got sick, because it's not contagious. What kind of flu is not contagious? The avian flu

That's probably dengue fever or yellow fever. It's spread by the Aedes mosquito, the one you listed. It's not contagious.

lol

I was just listing reasons why I thought I had it. I haven't read up on yellow fever yet.

If you do have yellow fever... or suspect it(no saying you do, but the element was introduced). You need to cover your ass. And I don't mean literally.

Are you all jaundiced and shit?

Lol

that was describing symptoms I had in 2002. not related to my current illness.

I'm not describing it with bias or prejudice. It's just that I was insulted for even suspecting it was the Bird Flu (in 2002). I just listed the reasons why I thought I had it. I think they were pretty good reasons for someone to suspect it because at the time, the bird flu was going around. I didn't have the awesome internet to do any fact finding, and didn't go to the doctor.

Yet you didn't take into account that bird flu had over 60% mortality rate and that's even with most patients receiving proper medical care. But you get the sniffles and that's what it must be, no worries.

I'm chill, I just feel like pointing out idiocy atm.

There's more idiocy available than paper

Yes.

promisen.jpg

You guys are so ****in gay.

promise.jpg

I just found out the majority of the people in my WoW guild are chicks. problem is that I think they're lying

I just found out the majority of the people in my WoW guild are chicks. problem is that I think they're lying

Arrange to meet up with them. What could go wrong?

free_candy_van.jpg

Swine flu outbreak. The truth is ugly.

By Dr. Keith | APR 27, 2009
US vaccine manufacturers bio-terrorists?

Now, nobody here is being told that the present "outbreak" of 'flu was deliberately engineered by a US pharmaceutical company. Baxter International Inc. were caught on the brink of starting an avian flu "pandemic," by distributing flu vaccines contaminated with H5N1 avian flu virus to 18 countries last December.

It was only by providence that the batch was first tested on ferrets in the Czech Republic, before being shipped out for injection into humans. The ferrets all died and the shocking discovery was made.

The scores of people who have so far died in Mexico were killed by a strange virus that has bits of genetic material from swine flu, avian flu and human flu, consisting of an intercontinental mix of viruses from North America, Europe and Asia. This is odd, to say the least.

Scientists said the virus combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before. The official view states that despite mutations which are considered normal, viruses 'rarely' pass from one species of animal to another. So how could this swine flu manage to traverse the boundaries of humans, birds and pigs all by itself?

"We are very, very concerned," World Health Organization spokesman Thomas Abraham said. "We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human," he said. Flu DNA does mix but such an unusual combination does raise the likelihood that it is an artificial virus-perhaps derived from the Baxter vaccine, released only weeks before.

http://alternative-doctor.com/blog/swine-flu-outbreak-the-truth-is-ugly

AWWWW SHIIIIIT WHATTTUP KAT?!?!!

Nothing like a healthy dose of the truthness to brighten up my evening.

AWWWW SHIIIIIT WHATTTUP KAT?!?!!

Nothing like a healthy dose of the truthness to brighten up my evening.

I'll actually believe what he's saying over what my crazy ass/backwards gov't has been telling me since i was born. especially when a president after just being in for 100 days goes against everything he said he wouldn't do during the campaign. does everyone also forget that the Bush Cabinet were almost on a Nuremberg type trial for torture cases during the Bush Jr Years?? This was just a few weeks ago and everything has been forgotten about

Back