The Mandatory "What book are you reading now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished "the crucible" Book about a true story in the 1600s about christian fundamentalism (puritans) and how 40 ppl were hanged in salem, all accused each other of witchcraft. Really good book

Just finished "A short history of progress" by someone called Ronald Wright, and terry pratchett's Making Money (sequel to Going Postal). Brilliant as per usual, bit funnier than its predecessor.

Am about Halfway through "The men who stare at goats" by Jon Ronson.

The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling.
Steampunky goodness.
n13659.jpg

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

1400049628.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just finished "A short history of progress" by someone called Ronald Wright, and terry pratchett's Making Money (sequel to Going Postal). Brilliant as per usual, bit funnier than its predecessor.

Am about Halfway through "The men who stare at goatse" by Jon Ronson.

D:

10car

51qsgkbab3lss5001fb6f5em7.jpg

The first C# book I read was Microsoft C# Programming for the Absolute Beginner.

The plot on this one is kind of back and forth... but I'm nearing the end and I can almost piece together who the bad guy is.

The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins.
:thumbs:
If you like it, follow the link down below.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... :stare:

Uh "The Godfather Revenge"
by Mario puzo?

I read it every once and then, taking it read slow.

Life, The Universe, and Everything. Ah, I love Douglas Adam's writing style.

The Game by Neil Strauss...re-reading it...great book.

Lost in Translation
The Idiot
George Orwell Essays

51g3hn8h71lbo2204203200ya3.jpg

If anybody has any better book for me to learn how to learn network programming in C#, please let me know! I'm a noob at network programming and only just recently having learned to C# program(not adeptly mind you).

Life, The Universe, and Everything. Ah, I love Douglas Adam's writing style.
I adore the intro to Mostly Harmless, with the description of the spaceship drifting through space. It's fantastic. Too bad the rest of the book is a bit depressing.

"Win at Pac-Man". :LOL:

A book so old that refers to arcade games as a recent phenomenon! I bought it for the luls. It also reminds me of a better time in gaming history.

EDIT:
And just finished Donald Trump: The Art of the Deal, and Freakonomics.
Both recommended reading. :thumbs:

Forest of Stars by Kevin J. Anderson, book two of the Saga of Seven Suns series. Great book, amazing series - I'd recommend it to any fan of escapist sci-fi.

We must totally move this to Books section now.

And, er... The Vampire Lestat. More of a reread really, but I haven't got much to read nowadays.

Fanfic got Book-ified a few days back. Check it out.

(See, mods! Nobody checks out Site Feedback! Nobody!)

What the hell happened to MY bookreadthread? :/

Oh well, I'm reading some "How to write comic books" thing I got for Christmas. It's not bad, but it's nothing I didn't already know.

Move this thread now. To the book section. It appears to be dying already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back