The Office : US

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Anyone else think that this season has sucked so far? The first episode was pretty funny, but then I feel like its been a straight slope downwards. Its more just awkward and uncomfortable situations, and less funny situations. I wanted to shoot myself after the dinner party one. I dont think I laughed once during that episode. Well, maybe once when I realized Michael tricked Jim into coming.

You'd think the writers would have come up with sweet ideas while they werent working.

Anyone else think that this season has sucked so far? The first episode was pretty funny, but then I feel like its been a straight slope downwards. Its more just awkward and uncomfortable situations, and less funny situations. I wanted to shoot myself after the dinner party one. I dont think I laughed once during that episode. Well, maybe once when I realized Michael tricked Jim into coming.

You'd think the writers would have come up with sweet ideas while they werent working.

I haven't had a chance to watch the two new episodes yet, but I haven't heard good things.

I hear they are making another office, but at a different office, with a new cast :|

The dinner party episode was like the best one ever I really couldn't stop laughing. Also, the last new one with Ryan on cocaine and when dwight and michael were in NY. That one was funny.

I liked the US version of the Office, but I dislike the raping of the format with endless series as they have done. The UK 2 series and xmas special was perfect. It went out on a high...but continual production leaves a bad taste behind when it's quality degenerates and slumps and ends up being axed before concluding. I've watched quite a bit of the US Office, and enjoyed it thoroughly...but it seems like it's nearing the end of it's shelf life.

The dinner party episode was like the best one ever I really couldn't stop laughing. Also, the last new one with Ryan on cocaine and when dwight and michael were in NY. That one was funny.

Yeah, the newest one was a step up, but I still dont think it was as good as any episode from the previous seasons.

I liked the US version of the Office, but I dislike the raping of the format with endless series as they have done. The UK 2 series and xmas special was perfect. It went out on a high...but continual production leaves a bad taste behind when it's quality degenerates and slumps and ends up being axed before concluding. I've watched quite a bit of the US Office, and enjoyed it thoroughly...but it seems like it's nearing the end of it's shelf life.

I totally agree. British comedy series know how not to overdo it. Black Books, Black Adder, and Little Britain all had only three seasons, Green Wing had two.

Also, the whole original comedy of the Office was the ridiculous awkward moments.

I preffered the dinner party, some of the akward moments were just hilarious. The club episode was meh, not enough cowbell.

Great show all around, I expect better things for when they stop trying to mix it up and just put the show back in the office.

Is Toby really gone?

While I prefer the UK version and agree that it's always best to go out on a high note, the US version is still entertaining me. It's not quite as good and eventually it'll probably start to drag, especially if they milk it with spin-offs, but for the time being I still find it very entertaining.

However, in 10 years, people will look back much more favorably on the UK version as it maintained an incredible level of quality and knew exactly when to end.

I recently watched through all 3 Seasons of the US Office and yeah, I actually enjoyed it more than the UK version. Season 4 has been all right; I haven't seen the post strike stuff.

Who would our favorite character be? Mine is Creed.

"In the 60's I had sex with many, many women, in the mud and rain... it's possible a man could have slipped in there somewhere."

Definately Creed. His little interview thing about the chairs I lol'd so hard.

"When Pam gets Michaels old chair, I'll get Pam's chair. Then I'll have two chairs.... Only one to go."

Creepy Creed is awesome.

I totally agree. British comedy series know how not to overdo it. Black Books, Black Adder, and Little Britain all had only three seasons, Green Wing had two.

Also, the whole original comedy of the Office was the ridiculous awkward moments.

Black Adder was four seasons. :p

I really need to start watching the US Office.

I really liked the show in seasons 1-3, season 4 has been slipping a lot. A few of those episodes I didn't laugh once :(

I demand more Creed.

I literally can't not enjoy The Office... It's just got great characters, so pretty much anything that happens is enjoyable. Ryan on crack was ****ing hilarious. I have to say I guess the Dinner Party was one of the less good ones if I had to pick. It still had great moments though. "I saw Jim's face, he was laughing. Look at him. He's laughing." *blank Jim stare* :LOL:

And yeah, Creed is hilarious. Andy is funny too, the office needed a character like him.

I demand more Creed.

See the thing about Creed is, he's so awesome because he is used in moderation, not over-used, so when he says a line it's almost always awesome.

And Ryan was on Crack? At the Club? I didn't see him actually use it, I thought he was just drunk.

I don't believe he is really gone, he was just thinking of a random excuse to get the hell out of there after everyone stared him down for awkwardly putting his hand on Pam's leg.

Yea, but why would he say he was going to Costa Rica? It would make much more sense to say he was gonna jog home or something.

Also, Creed is indeed incredible

Edit: Yea, Ryan was definitely on something, altthough I don't know what

You could tell he was doing some kind of drug because when he said hes going to the bathroom, Dwight mentioned hes gone like 8 times already.

I actually just rewatched a few of the episodes. They were a lot funnier this time around. Hmm, maybe I just want in the mood when I first saw them.

Dwight was such a ladies man, I'd go out with Dwight in a second.

See the thing about Creed is, he's so awesome because he is used in moderation, not over-used, so when he says a line it's almost always awesome.

True, but he should still be utilized more than some of the other lame chars.

All Creed has to do is say some disturbing or wise line and it's a classic. I loved when they were at the beach and he just walks up to the water and snatches a fish out. :LOL:

And Ryan was on Crack? At the Club? I didn't see him actually use it, I thought he was just drunk.
In one of the scenes the camera goes to his hand, and it's shaking.

As if he's hyped up on something.

My favorite parts of the dinner party episode both had to do with Angela:

1: When Andy gave her the flower, she just grabs it and goes "What am I supposed to do with this?" That was the best response ever :D

2: At the end when she smashed her ice cream on Andy's car: he looked like a hurt puppy lol

Ah yes, the Office. For the longest time, it was the only reason I watched TV. <3 I just finished watching the BBC version, though, and that was one of the most brilliant TV shows I've ever watched. I LOVE LOVE LOVE both shows, but the BBC is just a little better :D

I just watched the UK version of the first episode.

I dont like it.

I've only seen the early seasons of the US version, and I love it.

To me, the UK and US version are two completely different series with entire different plots and atmosphere.

I'm really having trouble liking this season. Some things they just take too far, and some are the same jokes told over and over in a different way. Like, in Dinner Party, the thing about Michael sleeping at the foot of the bed. Like, wtf is that. The camera next to the bed was a nice touch, but they already referenced that same thing in the episode where he takes all the women to the mall.

Or, you know, this week's set up and the one before it were identical. Michael is lonely, is having trouble liking the girls he's finding, and tries to spice up his romantic life. In one episode it leads to falling for a model, and in the later it involves going to New York to crash a club that Ryan's at.

Now that Jim and Pam are together, the entire thing seems to be centered around Michael and his misery. There were some really awesome things this season too though. The diabetes run, Dwight's Bed and Breakfast, the Advertisement episode was enjoyable. Many lols were had, the general plot arcs of the episodes are just irritating me.

Also does anyone else feel like they really cut Andy's character back a bit in Season 4?

Yeah, i think thats intentional though because its been like that since he went to anger management. But Jim and Pam need to start pulling more pranks or im going to go ballistic. They hardly did anything funny in the last 3 episodes.

Agreed. I almost died laughing when they put andy's cell phone in the ceiling. That and the Ben Franklin bit were my favorite office moments.

The tall man entered the nice building to visit a very nice man. 'Sit down, Mr. Smith. Can I interest you in any good cat food?'

:LOL: Episode was great.

Agreed, the newest episode was awesome.

DID I STUDDER?

Great episode, the Dwight madlib was awesome. For some reason I find myself wanting some plot revolving around Kevin

DID I MISSPELL 'STUTTER' IN LARGE TEXT MAKING MYSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOL?

DID I JUST FEEL LIKE TYPING IN HUGE TEXT BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS?

You are so mean Vegeta :p

edit: lol at mfdoom.

Back