The Pacific HBO 2010

Yep, cannot wait for this, even more so after playing Battlefiel 1943 last night. :D

EDIT: Ah, was that trailer different to the one that was ''leaked'' a few months back? I can't remember too well as it was taken down from just about everywhere soon after but whatever - that looked great! Looking forward to becoming a fan of more unknown actors, much like I have with the majority of the Band of Brothers crew.

Oh wow. Finally. I've waited ages for a trailer. Yes, I caught a glimpse of the early teaser trailer that was aired on Australian TV some time ago. HBO was quick to remove it though from the internets. :/

Anyone read the books that this mini-series is supposedly based on? I've read E.B.Sledge's With The Old Breed. Terrific read. :D

Yep, cannot wait for this, even more so after playing Battlefiel 1943 last night. :D

EDIT: Ah, was that trailer different to the one that was ''leaked'' a few months back? I can't remember too well as it was taken down from just about everywhere soon after but whatever - that looked great! Looking forward to becoming a fan of more unknown actors, much like I have with the majority of the Band of Brothers crew.

Yep, new trailer. That one you're talking about was far shorter and less awesome. I can't wait for this miniseries, I've been drooling over it for about a year now. It's getting close :D

Awesome.

edit: Just watched the trailer
Even more ****ing awesome.

I just can't see it living up to Band of Brother. That show made me cry. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

I just can't see it living up to Band of Brother. That show made me cry. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

did you read any of the credits?? I'm willing to bet it will be better knowing they've done it before, and can do it better. Also many years have past since BOB and they can add a lot more to a show for full effect

God damn it I wish I still had satellite or cable.

This is awesome.

Watched an episode of BoB last night with my housemate who hasnt seen any episodes yet, but it was the boring one when they find the concentration camp. Well, its my least favourite one anyway.

He asked if there was another series coming, and I said I recalled a new one in the Pacific being made, but that was like a year ago and it had Timmy from Jurassic Park in it all grown up.

And now I see its coming March 14th. Coincedence!?

Cant wait. Loved BoB, my favourite series ever. This can only be as good or better. Glad to see its the same directors.

Looking forward to this! Bought BoB on blu-ray last year after a friend recommended it me. Awesome buy, loved it.

This is awesome.

Watched an episode of BoB last night with my housemate who hasnt seen any episodes yet, but it was the boring one when they find the concentration camp. Well, its my least favourite one anyway.

what

anyway, this is looking pretty cool. i've penciled in the 14th as my day to wake up early, get the good download speeds and then get crackin' with this. should be good.

Wow, awesome footage in that documentary. Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the old continent will see a DVD release before the end of the year.

I've been waiting eagerly for this since I first read about it several years ago and I shit an entire brick wall when I checked on it last week and discovered that it's coming on the air in A GODDAMN WEEK. I'm pumped. Looking forward to the Peleliu episodes especially.

Sky Movies have the rights for the Uk/Irl. FUUUUUUUUUU

I'll be streaming the flv files online in no time *hugs TV Shack*

Please dont hit me with your riot shield.

Two days ladies and gentlemen.

And a week after that... ****ING BREAKING BAD.

It's going to be a sweet couple of months.

Wow, just watched the first episode on HBO. Very good episode.

It shows some the characters' families before shifting straight to the action at Guadalcanal.

James Badge Dale really nailed that role as Leckie.

I love how the stories interconnect. Sid Phillips, a buddy of Eugene Sledge in Alabama is in the same outfit as Robert Leckie.

You can watch the first full episode on http://www.hbo.com/the-pacific/inde...lZeaUpBahySeWluQX5CRW2pYUlaayMXIyMrIxAgDqOi6E

I'm not sure WHY or HOW long it is available for free (You just have to register at the HBO site, takes three seconds, then login). The quality is ok-ish.
Maybe they posted it for promotional reasons or something.

Edit: Seems like HBO pulled the video. Either someone at HBO screwed up and accidentally put the video online or because too many tried to view it.

****ing sweet, thanks Dax!

edit: Aw, no subtitles.

hmm, i've got the episode streaming from HBO now but i dunno whether to watch it now or wait for a high quality link tomorrow night sometime.

gah

Damn the video runs pretty sluggishly making it totally unwatchable for me.
I'll just wait until it appears elsewhere and with subtitles.

it's running fine for me, though i've got to leave it to buffer because my uni internet is shit during the daytime. i've watched about 10/15 minutes, might just watch it later when the internet is mad fast.

so far, seems pretty solid. deffo has the band of brothers feel to it in it's production, authenticity, acting and general ''feel'' which i was worried it might lose.

Back