This is a poll about the ''Can a cat surrvie a fall from the empire state building''

Can a cat surrvie a fall from the Empire State Building?

• Yes

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackghost905

Reaction score
The title says it all, If you think it vote yes, If you think I cant vote no THE TOP FLOOR!

In the situation where it fell out of the 1st floor window, I would answer 99.9% yes.

Yes, Yes it could.

Do some f****g physics ffs.

Yes, according to all the physics that have been done in the other thread...
Plus the tests when they dropped cats multiple floors.

No!!

and people who voted YES are STUPID!!! :p

Yes, every website I've seen says it might be able to. It won't every time, but it probably can.

Nat Turner said:
Yes, every website I've seen says it might be able to. It won't every time, but it probably can.

did they try it for real ?

show me pics ?

Yes, because as kirov pointed out, the statement fails to specify which floor of the Empire State building the cat falls from.

Sulkdodds said:
Yes, because as kirov pointed out, the statement fails to specify which floor of the Empire State building the cat falls from.

Maybe we need to try every floor then, just for good measure.

Samon said:
I thought it was pretty well proven to the Xtreme.

Its not always going to survive, but theres a good chance it will.

Cummo' were supposed to be like nerds here, someone submit an equation proving either side! :sniper::sniper::sniper:

Solaris said:

Cummo' were supposed to be like nerds here, someone submit an equation proving either side! :sniper::sniper::sniper:

A probability of survival may be deduced, but there's no definate answer. There's too many uncertainties present.

Solaris said:

Edit your location Solaris, its too big and getting on everyones nerves. Reduce it or you'll end up going away permanently.

Math will tell you nothing in my mind. You never know untill you go out there and try it!

Alright everyone we're going to drop Solaris from the top and see if the theory works.

If you answer no you are a fricken retard. If the poll said "Can a person survive from falling out of an airplane" people that vote no would still be retarded. There are survival stories of people falling out of airplanes and living. If just one person does it that means it is possible and if true. So a cat falling out of a building is a most definate yet...in fact with a 95% survivability rate you should jump off a bridge if you vote no.

The cat will get injured VERY seriously each time, or die. So eventually it would die either way. The cats top speed would be 60mph, so you could drop it from any height, the speed it hits the ground is the determining factor. With that known, do you think dropping a cat from the top of a building or from a plane would mean it would survive?

For christ sake, wheres the logic here! Physics explains how this works on an object, like a ball, box or something. An organism doesn't have a 'formula'. Its always different. Just because it can always land on its legs it doesn't mean it will always survive. Please understand that physics and your calculations do not matter!

Solaris said:
Yes, Yes it could.

Do some f****g physics ffs.

Prove it. Show us how it could. Then will see. I think your full of crap BTW.

Hectic Glenn said:
The cat will get injured VERY seriously each time, or die. So eventually it would die either way. The cats top speed would be 60mph, so you could drop it from any height, the speed it hits the ground is the determining factor. With that known, do you think dropping a cat from the top of a building or from a plane would mean it would survive?

For christ sake, wheres the logic here! Physics explains how this works on an object, like a ball, box or something. An organism doesn't have a 'formula'. Its always different. Just because it can always land on its legs it doesn't mean it will always survive. Please understand that physics and your calculations do not matter!

Actually, if you know how much force the leg bones can take from a shock impact, then you can compare that to how much force the cat will make when it hits the ground. (divide by 4 because of the 4 legs). And your right about it being hard to solve this problem. Therefore, we use an average cat size and weight, and we assume it lands on all 4 legs at the same time therefore distrubitng the force equally through it's legs, we must also know how much force the bones in the legs can take, and if the internal organs would get damaged because of the shock of the impact. This problem is much more complex than some might consider it to be.

dream431ca said:
Ive no idea at all.

Someone should lay down some equations and pwn.

If it wasn't illegal and I had the money.

I would test it in the name of zombie master.
I'd rather drop a dog though.

I fear the only way to solve this problem is to test it. I just bought some plane tickets and ill be back in a week with the results lol j/k, If anyone knows how to test this LEAGALY please let me know

Solaris said:
If it wasn't illegal and I had the money.

I would test it in the name of zombie master.
I'd rather drop a dog though.

Solaris is not affiliated with Zombie Master whatsoever, and does not represent the views of the Zombie Master team. Furthermore, the Zombie Master team does not condone the barbaric practice of dropping cats out of windows.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Solaris is not affiliated with Zombie Master whatsoever.

And were he, there would be an immediate cancellation. Or a mass outcry. Or maybe just a ban.
Yes, yes a ban.

dream431ca said:

Read the other topic that is nearing 20 pages. That has all the proof you need.

Blackghost905 said:
I read the 20 pages od the math and stuff. But the math proves NOTHING!

True...but there are many links in there and we have all the math we need for our own experiment!

There are plenty of links in that thread that explains that it is true...the rest was just proving that it could work and showing people why.

Blackghost905 said:
I read the 20 pages od the math and stuff. But the math proves NOTHING!

This is true. In my estimation, only an advanced computer model could accurately portray the mechanics of a falling cat in the atmosphere.

I went back and read all of the post. It is making more scence to me then it did the 1rst time around

Nat Turner said:

And the internet never lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back