Valve Won't Be Attending E3 2011

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but Valve has alerted to the press that they won't be at this year's E3. "Lots of folks have mailed asking about appointment times, etc., with Valve," they said in an email that was released today. "Well, we are not showing any titles at this year's show. So no appointment is needed. "
[br]
Many of us were probably guessing that they'd show some footage of DotA 2, but decisions were made. IceFrog had also confirmed a few days ago that "E3 isn't really the right type of venue for dota2."
[br]
If you're excited for DotA 2, you'll have to wait until Comic Con in July where the game is rumored to make its first appearance.

I trust in Valve but this is pretty ****ing disappointing...I dont bite.

inb4 crying babies

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Staying home and watching the streams, flights cancelled.

It's a smart move. Slightly disappointing but since it's actually part of a strategy and not something like delays I totally respect it.

Valve could probably have their own event, it'd be nice to see something fun like what Blizzard does

'Strategy'.. yeah.

Hey Glenn, can I have your invitation?

well ... I dunno what to say really . Wait weren't there 3 BIG SURPRISES from Valve coming round the corner ? I guess E3 doesn't deserve them . Oh , well there is always next year .

Wait you could get in? Are you in the business?

Hopefully more will be revealed about Xcom
HL2.net normally sends someone to E3. I think the site gets to count a journalism sometimes. Don't let them find out the truth or Glenn will get his superhax Steam account taken away.

I suspect this is because they have something big coming shortly after...maybe it's just me but I'm a little hyped.

Wait you could get in? Are you in the business?

Hopefully more will be revealed about Xcom

XCOM is confirmed to be at E3.

I am not optimistic though. It's an FPS and it isn't supposed to have much of any relation to the classic X-COM games. The tactical / strategy elements were what made those games so awesome.

The word is that Battlefield 3 multiplayer will be revealed at E3... I sure hope so.

That's gay. And so the expectations on HL3 rise as Valve take their sweet f*cking time.

Not surprised. Valve's efforts and turnaround time has been somewhat underwhelming as of late.

Not surprised. Valve's efforts and turnaround time has been somewhat underwhelming as of late.
Are you serious? They've had their most productive few years ever recently.

XCOM is confirmed to be at E3.

I am not optimistic though. It's an FPS and it isn't supposed to have much of any relation to the classic X-COM games. The tactical / strategy elements were what made those games so awesome.

The word is that Battlefield 3 multiplayer will be revealed at E3... I sure hope so.

I know its not supposed to be the original. I'm only going into to it from the perspective of a new game. I've been wanting an X-files/Fringe type game set in the 70's, and although its two decades difference, its the closest I'm going to get. Unless Valve were ever to make an attempt at this setting (which I think they would be good at)

Funny story. I just got a letter I wrote to myself 4 years ago; a sort of time capsule thing the school does.

In the second line it says 'By the time I read this I hope Half Life 2: Episode 3 is out..."
bwahahahaha

Funny story. I just got a letter I wrote to myself 4 years ago; a sort of time capsule thing the school does.

In the second line it says 'By the time I read this I hope Half Life 2: Episode 3 is out..."
bwahahahaha

****ing lol. You should send that to Gabe, he'd probably get a kick out of it.

bwahahahaha
'Good things come to those who wait'.

I have always hated that line since it was first used to pacify gamers who were right to be angry with the protracted development with HL2 and succeeding episodes that Valve has always been known for, despite promises that the episodic content would mean a faster release schedule.

Are you serious? They've had their most productive few years ever recently.

2zi37sj.jpg

On the bright side, we got two Left 4 Dead games in a year!
Its true Left4Dead was a step in the right direction.

That said at the pace Valve is going with the Half Life series there is a chance those that played Half Life in 1998 will be too old to move a mouse by the time the concluding installment of Half Life is produced.

This thread/news makes me wonder how Valve would do if they were a publicly traded company.

Back