What do you do for a living?

I'm bitter about working as a temp; I'm sure that was clear, but let me apologize for the language. Anyhow, kudos for showing me respect in spite of that.

Pretty much word for word, I'm in agreement with Raziaar. I don't think we can blame the temp agency (you say it's a shitty temp agency) for whether people get hired or not. It's just the way things are run here. (and from word of mouth, manpower was even worse)

The temps are a 'permanent' part of the workforce. They have no plans to fill these positions with seasonal workers, or full time/part-time employees. They recycle temps continuously. Yes, you can be the best temp they've got (and I was consistently called "our best temp", and requested by name through my temp agency. I had been off and on at a warehouse for 2 years, and subsequently, had learned every non-supervisory position - something that no other employee could say - temp, or otherwise. Tell me that doesn't make a person valuable.

My supervisor and I were actually buddies outside of work, and putting in applications was no use, and he clued me in to as much. I even heard advertisements for job openings at the company on the radio - something that's pretty much unprecedented. They simply won't hire temps because of their relationship with the temp agency.

And another reason I'm bitter with my temp agency is because I was severely injured on the job - they paid for my treatment and all, but when I had recovered, there was suspiciously "no work available at this time". They were never 'able' to find me work again. After so long without employment, I was forced to find work elsewhere. But I personally feel I was pushed out because of my injury. For the record, I was content with taking days off with no pay, to recover - but when the temp agency inquired about all of my 'call-in sick' instances, and discovered I had been injured, they forced me to take workers compensation due to my injury; so it's not like they could have thought I was taking advantage.

Axiom Staffing Group: http://axiomstaffing.com/default.asp

By the way, when I say I had been working for them for 10 years, I don't mean continuously, it was off and on. I had other full time employment here and there. It's just that the temp agencies had the best paying jobs available in my area, so I often ended up back there.

Anyway, if you really did get hired on, congratulations. I guess that resume thread you made was helpful? (I had typed up a message to help with some corrections, but I felt stupid about suggesting word replacements, for some reason, and didn't post the message)

I don't know why we're talking about temps... but we get a lot of temps around here and they come and go like the wind.

So Dekstar how did the interview go?

I just got called up and they scheduled me for an interview tomorrow to be a Dispatcher for an electrical engineering firm, wish me luck.

I just got back from my interview with Gearbox, I think it went pretty well. I have no clue what is going to happen next with my job situation 0: I just want health insurance before I turn 30.

I just got back from my interview with Gearbox, I think it went pretty well. I have no clue what is going to happen next with my job situation 0: I just want health insurance before I turn 30.

Oh wow, awesome! What position did you apply for? Good luck :D

It's overrated... I've paid boat loads for mine and never used it. I'm paying for peace of mind.

Oh wow, awesome! What position did you apply for? Good luck :D

Enviromental artist, and I think they're considering me for a 3 month contract thing that they do which sometimes turns into full time if you aren't terrible.

It's overrated... I've paid boat loads for mine and never used it. I'm paying for peace of mind.

Ugh, unless you actually have a medical problem. My wrist has become so damaged even after crappy army surgery that I can barely hold a game controller or use a computer AND THIS IS MY JOB AND I AM IN CONSTANT PAIN D:

Peace of mind would also be cool.

Enviromental artist, and I think they're considering me for a 3 month contract thing that they do which sometimes turns into full time if you aren't terrible.

Yeah quite a few places I've applied to give out contracts which may lead to full time jobs. Just wish they'd get back to me faster! xD

Benefits are great in this industry though, so if you get the job you'll get you're cover :D

I can only apply for jobs in the UK though, I don't have a passport at the moment so can't apply abroad! :(

My friend is an environment artist for Lucas Arts. That's relevant.

Ugh, unless you actually have a medical problem. My wrist has become so damaged even after crappy army surgery that I can barely hold a game controller or use a computer AND THIS IS MY JOB AND I AM IN CONSTANT PAIN D:

My desk is brutal on my mouse wrist, for some reason. Ergonomics are key here, so maybe try a different desk and or chair.

Try a sling at the point of your wrist, to suspend it in the air while you work. -Will look crazy but its comfortable. You can try it without any investment by simply holding the sling with your other hand - if it feels better, then it helps, right?

Ugh that's terrible. Sorry to hear that :(

Gnarly multiquote craziness in that last page.

Had my interview today at 12. Went on 'till 12:30.
Got a call back at 3pm saying I got the job \o/.

And now, here's a picture of me in my suit.
58492433432014397713104.jpg

Had my interview today at 12. Went on 'till 12:30.
Got a call back at 3pm saying I got the job \o/.

And now, here's a picture of me in my suit.

Weren't you posting a few pages back about how unlucky you were with job hunting?
Kinda like my case, I just nailed a job too after many attempts :O

I just hope you posed like that to start the interview, because I would hire you on the spot too.

I'm not going to lie. It looks like you're propositioning me for sex.

Also, what Jawb you win?
It may not seem that grand, it's a resupply job at B&Q (Home improvement store, number 1 home improvement chain in Europe). My starting hours are 8pm to midnight on Friday, but that's gonna increase pretty quickly.

Basically it's a foot in the door, which is important.

VirusType2 said:
I just hope you posed like that to start the interview, because I would hire you on the spot too.
Yup, we had a thirty second 'finger-gun' fight, which ended when he blew both of us up with a grenade.

Naph said:
Weren't you posting a few pages back about how unlucky you were with job hunting?
I was indeed, but this was my only interview, and I've applied for about 13 jobs. Tough times...

If it keeps the bills paid, a roof over your head and food on your plate, then who cares.

If it keeps the bills paid, a roof over your head and food on your plate, then who cares.
well atm it's about £25 a week base, which doesn't cover anywhere near my rent, but they said I'll always have opportunity for more hours, which I'll definitely take.

I'm a CAD Technician for a structural engineering firm. It's a great job, I went from crappy warehouse/assembly temp jobs to designing concrete wall panel systems in 3d and drawing structural plans.

Well looks like I'll have work through to the end of October. Every day of the week, 35 hours a week.

More experience that can go on my resume, with the same great organization.

Yup, we had a thirty second 'finger-gun' fight, which ended when he blew both of us up with a grenade.
When you struck that pose, did you wink as you pulled the trigger and make a clicking sound with your mouth? HIRED.

"Yeeaaahhh." ;)

Well looks like I'll have work through to the end of October. Every day of the week, 35 hours a week.

More experience that can go on my resume, with the same great organization.

Where you working at these days? Sorry if it was already posted, I have shitty memory.

Where you working at these days? Sorry if it was already posted, I have shitty memory.

I actually don't want to post it, just for the simple fact that people around here cannot refrain from making stupid or offensive jokes. Not even my uncle can, so really it's probably not a good idea.

Oh come on dude, it's a job. Yes, I can't promise people won't make fun of it, but you shouldn't take that personally.

Raz is just overreacting. He works with some girlscout organization, and he thinks everyone's going to make pedo jokes and that that's unacceptable. I deal with pedo jokes every day here.

Raz is just overreacting. He works with some girlscout organization, and he thinks everyone's going to make pedo jokes and that that's unacceptable. I deal with pedo jokes every day here.

That's because you're a pedo.

And you're the primary reason why I didn't want to mention it, because you're always making pedo jokes any time I mention it.

frownyface.gif

So, just how old are these girls?

Or should I say, how young :naughty:

Sorry Raz
:naughty:

Girlscouts? I'm not gonna lie, that is kind of funny and the joke potential is huge.

But hey, a paycheck is a paycheck. I'm proud of you buddy, welcome to being an adult. And look on the bright side, atleast you're not this guy:

58492433432014397713104.jpg

Oh wow

I just got an offer from Gearbox for a full-time job. I am amaze. Sorry id, snooze you lose.

Oh wow

I just got an offer from Gearbox for a full-time job. I am amaze. Sorry id, snooze you lose.

WOOT! Congrats!

Girlscouts? I'm not gonna lie, that is kind of funny and the joke potential is huge.

But hey, a paycheck is a paycheck. I'm proud of you buddy, welcome to being an adult. And look on the bright side, atleast you're not this guy:

I wish I was that guy. He's awesome.

Oh and I'm happy about the paycheck. The place I work is great, the people are great. And it's a nice data entry job that I can add to my resume with an organization that anybody in the united states will recognize.

Congrats Kaptain H, I guess I'll be seeing you around the building in the next month or two.
Actually, I probably won't unless I venture up to the 12th floor. =P
Anyway great job landing it, now you'll get insurance!

Wow, thanks, you guys.

Congrats Kaptain H, I guess I'll be seeing you around the building in the next month or two.
Actually, I probably won't unless I venture up to the 12th floor. =P
Anyway great job landing it, now you'll get insurance!

Haha, this is true. Skyler is working down below, along with some of the other people I know, but I'll be able to appreciate the view compared to the completely closed curtains here at id v:

BRB GOING TO THE DENTIST

I'd like to be in the gaming industry... programming that might be more fun than the crap I do... but of course programming for games is different.

Back