What do you do for a living?

So I assume all you badasses working for these gigantic game studios will throw us a bone once in a while with some exclusive information?

Oh wow

I just got an offer from Gearbox for a full-time job. I am amaze. Sorry id, snooze you lose.
That is truly awesome, I'm horribly jealous of you right now. In return for my jealousy, all I ask is that you do everything you can to replace Duke's melee attacks with face-kicks before DNF is released. Deal? :)

That is truly awesome, I'm horribly jealous of you right now. In return for my jealousy, all I ask is that you do everything you can to replace Duke's melee attacks with face-kicks before DNF is released. Deal? :)

1.jpg

Congratulations Kaptain H, I'm sure you'll be a great contribution for the fine company like Gearbox.

Well, I'm clean room technician in semiconductor factory...

Wow awesome news Kaptain H, seems there are a few people around these parts working for some of the big boys in the gaming industry, where's all the exclusive information?!

As for my current ambitions, my band just got radio play here in Manchester three times, twice for North Manchester Radio and once for Rock Radio. There is one of the main DJs down at North Manchester Radio with loadssss of contacts who wants to manage us, he is getting us down for an interview and acoustic session in a few weeks. Also the two biggest promoters in Manchester for gigs called us up, probably catching onto the attention we are now getting and that we finally have a full band again, saying we are the best band they have in their massive arsenal of other bands, and put is on the headline slot for the three day In The City festival in a month D: Early days yet but I'm hoping after three years this is the main springboard for us :D

Shift, that's great news, sounds like you've come upon the perfect storm for success!
Got a link to your band's music?

Good luck, Shift :D

Got accepted as a level design over at Operation Black Mesa (www.obmsource.com)

Looking forward to getting down and dirty with development :D

Wow awesome news Kaptain H, seems there are a few people around these parts working for some of the big boys in the gaming industry, where's all the exclusive information?!

As for my current ambitions, my band just got radio play here in Manchester three times, twice for North Manchester Radio and once for Rock Radio. There is one of the main DJs down at North Manchester Radio with loadssss of contacts who wants to manage us, he is getting us down for an interview and acoustic session in a few weeks. Also the two biggest promoters in Manchester for gigs called us up, probably catching onto the attention we are now getting and that we finally have a full band again, saying we are the best band they have in their massive arsenal of other bands, and put is on the headline slot for the three day In The City festival in a month D: Early days yet but I'm hoping after three years this is the main springboard for us :D

Great to hear, Shift. I really loved that single of yours that I heard. You still never let me hear a demo or anything! :arms:

I really need to get a job. I've run through a very good portion of the money I made during the summer, which is extremely concerning. Balancing a job and school will be difficult, but I think I can pull it off.

Great to hear, Shift. I really loved that single of yours that I heard. You still never let me hear a demo or anything! :arms:

www.myspace.com/aurabanduk <<< For those who are interested :p

We haven't actually recorded new material for ages what with all the line up troubles but we will pushing for a bunch of new song recordings in the coming months :p We also thinking of changing our name soon.

Also think about leaving myspace.

Myspace sucks dude!

We only use it as to put our songs somewhere really, we mainly centered around facebook at the moment :p

Myspace is better for showcasing actual songs, facebook is better for having more of a direct relationship with your fans, letting them know the latest news and lot more effectively etc. Not to mention everyone who befriends your band page on facebook is actually generally a fan, myspace is full of people who just add randomers all the time.

I good use of both sites is the way forward I think.

I listened to all the songs. I don't recognize any of them as the one I really really liked (Don't know if you remember which one that was), but never the less, good stuff. I thought one of them had a bit of a US rock sound to it.

Anyway, what instrument do you play?

Yeah Strafe was the one you liked I recall, we re-recorded it yonks ago with a better line up and with expert equipment, and yeh thanks, to be honest the songs on there are pretty old now, we have a lot more new material now that really needs recording soon. Andddd I play guitar :)

I thought MySpace just consisted of 13 year old girls and perverts?

Yeah, I need to start looking properly and re-do my CV. Been really lacadasical about it all, and I fear it may bite me in the ass. Using money faster than I thought I would, especially recently. Im in my parents house which is FAR too big for one person, and they're coming back in November, and by god I want to be gone by then. I would be 24 and having my mum nag me about not looking hard enough, being on my case again. ***k that. Been away from home for 4 years now, no intention of being around. Though her cooking rules.

I thought MySpace just consisted of 13 year old girls and perverts?

& emo's. My emo girlfriend never shuts up about it, Bebo too.
Facebook = 'Social' Networking, Myspace/Bebo = Emo Networking.

Yeah this website is so much more social than that website. Ohmygosh.

I will start my own Anti-social network, were comments are disabled.

i was laid off so now i'm thinking of moving across the country to pursue what i hope to be frivolous free activities...and to stick it to the man.

Yo man, let's go on an adventure. See the world; go where the road takes us.

In other words, homeless, eating from a trashcan. Doesn't sound so glamorous or exciting anymore.

I imagine the life of a nomadic homeless person would be more interesting (Though fun is debatable) than sitting in an office staring at a screen 9 - 5, surrounded by occult symbols etc.

"At least Gray's Anatomy will be on TV tonight." typetyeptype

I imagine the life of a nomadic homeless person would be more interesting (Though fun is debatable) than sitting in an office staring at a screen 9 - 5, surrounded by occult symbols etc.

"At least Gray's Anatomy will be on TV tonight." typetyeptype
Instead, begging for change from 9-5, surrounded by loud noises and traffic, huffing car exhaust and watching TV through a shop window.

And still surrounded by the same occult symbols! Mostly on your change.

Instead, begging for change from 9-5, surrounded by loud noises and traffic, huffing car exhaust and watching TV through a shop window.

There's plenty more than that to do amidst bouts of homelessness.

Maybe it's just American hobos, idk.

Haven't you ever done the whole "Get with a group of teenage friends, live homeless for two weeks, while shuffling around shopping malls reeking of urine, threatening them with your youthful looks and strength into giving you money through the means of pseudo-mugging?" Not to mention the inherit freedom you feel when you all stand in a line along the side of the freeway, throwing rocks/pissing on cars that come by? If it's the Police? Get your bare-knuckle boxing on s0n or else you're spending the weekend in the watchtower.

If you didn't do at least all of these things (and more) at the age of 12, you haven't lived.

Work as an environment artist for a games studio..

Back