What do you find the hardest about picking up...

What do you find the hardest about picking up chicks?

• Opening - "Breaking the Ice"

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Conversation - "Showing/Proving interest"

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Closing - "Getting their number"

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

Dodo

Tank
Reaction score
...chicks. (Or dudes, whatever)

Opening - "Breaking the Ice" Starting to talk to a girl, or group of girls, to get the chit-chat bla-bla-bla flowing. getting the dialogue going, intended to lead to a...

Conversation - "Showing/Proving interest" Keeping the conversation interesting. This is basicly what most dates are mainly made of. Proving and (subconsciously) convincing the partner to let them in their pants. Often done by keeping the partner amused and amazed by one's awesomeness.

Closing - "Getting their number" This ranges from giving your number before leaving the Conversation at the right time, to getting their number before they leave, or simply being asked "do you want to come in" (for another drink and some tail) at the end of a awesome date.

Post what you find hard dealing with. Opening, Conversation or Closing.
Helplife2.net will sort you out. ;)

edit1: Online doesn't count.
edit2: Don't know how to make the poll public. (voters named) ...also the white text on light-grey background isn't helping...

All of them?

Thankfully I'm past all three stages with Kathy, and they are easier online.

Well, cold-opening some random person is always a bit difficult, but that's what god invented large mixed-gender groups of people for. The hardest part is (if attempting to both meet someone and sleep with them ON THE SAME NIGHT) the sort of escalation phase where you go from hey let's talk to each other a lot to hey what if - what if - what if we actually HAD SEXES??

I'm the kinda guy who gets good street cred with the ladies. Treating them nicely and not being a dick. I have played that role of douchbag before and I just don't fit it well.
Anyway I'd say the hardest part of picking up the chicks is just keeping the conversation flowing. I zone out so much thank you TV and video games but yeah thats where I lose my flow and next thing I know shes like, "so what do you think of it?" and I'm totally lost. lately this doesn't happen as much because I'm acting more of a gentleman which is what I've always been and all the chicks i've been with seemed to have been treated poorly in some respects. But I guess I'm set for a while now as I've been seeing this chick on and off again for about 3 months. Its been going good and she says I'm amazing and shit but I still don't feel like I'm at boyfriend status yet. I want to be her boyfriend because I have forgotten about all the other chicks I've been with being around her. shes really something else :D

And if only life had little comic bubbles choices like Mass Effect I'd be much better off. Maybe in a few years some Augmented Reality programs would help with that.

Warped has good street cred with the ladies because he always pays up front. I don't think this thread is about the street ladies Warped.

And if it is, then the hardest part is having enough cash for the clean ones.

The hardest part is convincing myself I'm interested in the girl.

The hardest part is convincing myself I'm interested in the girl.

The first time you meet someone you compare your differences
The more you get to know someone the more you'll find you have in common

I would say opening as I hardly ever even get to try. She's not single, she's married, she's got a kid, she doesn't seem interested, she's not very attractive, she seems like a bitch... always something. Oh, and you can forget any cold-openings... I can't do that shit either.

Sigh.

I don't really have a problem with a cold opening. But it sure helps if you got some reason to ask something. Might make her more comfortable and she doesn't think you just want to bone her. I guess what I do have problems with, might be "Showing/Proving interest"

I don't know much about picking up chicks.

I find flirting during Chemistry lectures highly effective for picking up guys though.

Probably has to do with the fact that there's some solid chemistry going on.

I picked closing but I think it's really situational. Closing is tough sometimes because anyone can have conversation with anyone and it be entirely platonic, the closing is what makes it turn into a potential date or not.

My answer depends on how much alcohol is in my system.

dennis-system.jpg

All three honestly.

If I have to pick one, opening. Without the icebreaker, conversation and conclusion won't happen.

Cold-Openings are something that needs practise... It takes a few crash & burns before you realize that it doesnt matter if you dont succeed.
We (dudes) all have this old fashion (250,000 years old atleast) concept pre-programmed into our brains...

Back in the day when we used to live next to rivers and were hunter gatherers, our community's never got bigger than say a 150 people or so. So if you got rejected in such a small community, it was pretty clear that you wouldn't pass on your genetics and would die alone. We still have this fear programmed into our behavior, making it hard to open a conversation with a girl. Once you get over it and realize you're not going to die alone if you get rejected and youre surrounded by literally millions of girls that are just waiting for you to start talking to them, going to bars starts becoming really fun.

I don't know much about picking up chicks.

I find flirting during Chemistry lectures highly effective for picking up guys though.
"How to pick up guys" threads don't exist, because to pick up a guy, you say 'hey wanna have sex?'. That's it.

Oh and I just generally find women difficult. The entire package.
Like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Closing and opening are pretty close for me, but if I'd have to chose I'd say closing.

The hardest part I think is hiding the body.

I mean, it's a whole chore every single time. Quicklime? Shallow grave near mangrove trees? There's so much to plan.

Especially with that whole CSI thing going on nowadays. It's such a fad, trying to find the body, nowadays that it's just not funny any more.

As Scott Peterson knows they no longer need the body to convict you.

I'm terrible with small talk. I just never know what to say, and the date suffers for it.

I guess finding out how to kill her cleanly is tough too. It's not like a hooker, she usually has a family, so they'll notice she's gone.

First and foremost you want to resist the temptation to discuss your mother. I know this will be difficult. Secondly, don't let her notice your clammy palms - you are more than likely sweating profusely at this point. Do your best to feign aloofness; broads love to feel like they need to prove something to you. When she does show interest in conversation, laugh at her attempts to comprehend important matters. Girls love to know they're with a strong alpha male who can take care of them. Do some push-ups. I find that 3-4 will usually do the trick (pro-tip: if it's a dark bar she won't be able to tell if you're resting your knees on the ground which will make the push-ups much easier). Make her pick up the tab and she'll be cooking you breakfast the morning after in no time, bros.

Cold-Openings are something that needs practise... It takes a few crash & burns before you realize that it doesnt matter if you dont succeed.
We (dudes) all have this old fashion (250,000 years old atleast) concept pre-programmed into our brains...

Back in the day when we used to live next to rivers and were hunter gatherers, our community's never got bigger than say a 150 people or so. So if you got rejected in such a small community, it was pretty clear that you wouldn't pass on your genetics and would die alone. We still have this fear programmed into our behavior, making it hard to open a conversation with a girl. Once you get over it and realize you're not going to die alone if you get rejected and youre surrounded by literally millions of girls that are just waiting for you to start talking to them, going to bars starts becoming really fun.

Uh, men didn't have to "date" women back then. They just had sex with them. To make another Sunny reference, you weren't good "with" women, you were good "at" women. They weren't allowed to say no.

Uh, men didn't have to "date" women back then. They just had sex with them. To make another Sunny reference, I make japanese moaning sounds in my sleep. Something about applejuice over chest.
As the alpha of a group you get to pick, beta males still had to beg for pu-tang.

Being convinced they don't have cooties.

But in all seriousness, the first one.

Getting her to smell the chloroform rag. Disposing the body is easy. Bitches don't know 'bout my five hungry pigs. No really, they don't know about them.

All of the above, unless I'm at least slightly tipsy, in which case I make a dick of myself anyway.

Because women are dull, emotionally shallow and ultimately just a pleasure toy for the superior gender, I guess it would be showing interest, because they are by definition uninteresting. However, I have no trouble getting them to sleep with me; if you mention something shallow that their small minds might understand, such as knowing a celebrity or pretending to be interested in their friend drama and the lame things they like they will basically get in bed with you no matter who you are, as long as you have good hair and little acne.

CyberSh33p... what the ****? Where'd you come from?

Further proof that nobody leaves halflife2.net.

Though I find it disturbing that a 4 year absence has made him misogynistic. This 'life outside hl2.net' seems to be a frightening place.

I say we stop talking about lame shit like "lol gurls r dum" and make this a "we;come back cybersh33p" thread.

i suggest krynn stop ruining this wonderful thread with bullshit

hey you know what works really well with [strike]talking to women[/strike] everything? drinking

Back