What do you find the hardest about picking up...

What do you find the hardest about picking up chicks?

• Opening - "Breaking the Ice"

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Conversation - "Showing/Proving interest"

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Closing - "Getting their number"

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
What the hell has this forum come to

Het is watching this thread, with eagle eyes.

Krynn is right on so many levels with the ladies but now goes a completely different way with 'life outside of halflife2.net'. There's three levels of life outside of hl2:

1) You leave and live a perfectly happy life.
2) You leave and have a clown mother, after which you come back and get banned for life.
3) You never leave but transcend to a higher plane of bullshit called Het and only come by once in a while to point and laugh.

On women:
I like mine ginger.

Also: Hi vegeta! Hi Krynn!

Oh god, they come in numbers. Get the crossbows. It's het huntin' time.

If Het decides they want to post, they post in droves, I guess.

I hate tears and uncomfortable situations so the thing I finds most difficult is letting go, and trying to pull at funerals.
Breaking up is just too awkward so I usually justscale back the time I spend with the girl and hope she gives up on me.
unfortunately I have high street credibility and nice hair and know about X-Factor and so it takes along time for girls to get bored of me. I am currently "dating" two girls, as well as my actual girlfriend. I'd quite like to marry her so I will have to face my fares eventually.

So are you guys going back to Hetairia again? I can't help to get excited since you only show up and then leave again.

So... go back where you came from!

The last two girls I dated still think I am with them. I just left one day and didn't come back; they text me approximately three times every 5.7 hours.

My greatest weakness: being irresistible.

The last two girls I dated still think I am with them. I just left one day and didn't come back; they text me approximately three times every 5.7 hours.

My greatest weakness: being irresistible.

20101228221317clipboard.png

The hardest part about picking up women for me is my insecurity about not being in Hetairia.

Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but after flirting with a hot redhead for like 1/2 hour today, I would like to change my answer to the conclusion. Phone numbers? pssh I didn't even get a name! Apparently she works in the childrens room of the library though, so that's probably why I never saw her before. But yea, once you get that common ground the conversation is pretty easy. Wrapping it up with a bang/asking the right question the right way is not.

Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but after flirting with a hot redhead for like 1/2 hour today, I would like to change my answer to the conclusion. Phone numbers? pssh I didn't even get a name! Apparently she works in the childrens room of the library though, so that's probably why I never saw her before. But yea, once you get that common ground the conversation is pretty easy. Wrapping it up with a bang/asking the right question the right way is not.

Did you pretend to act interested in her daily activities? That's a big no-no. Keep feigned interest to general things only and talk about yourself as much as possible, whilst implying that you are better than her in x number of ways. Quote Aristotle casually, for example. At the least, you may get the contact information of the children who frequent that library, and believe you me, children are much more open to suggestion.

Quote Aristotle casually, for example.
"All men by nature desire knowledge." is a good one here.

Or you can do like Arthur Schopenhauer and really get her heart going for you:
"Men are by nature merely indifferent to one another; but women are by nature enemies."

Now go out there and grind your loins. Spread God's seed on God's fields.

Now go out there and grind your loins. Spread God's seed on God's fields.

That second part sounds like a lot of work, I think I'll stick with just the first one for now.

The hardest part would be #2. Generating sufficient newtons to perform the initial (adrenaline fuelled) picking up of the pickupee is not typically the problem. The true test comes with sustaining the required lifting action for a longer duration. Once you are past the threshold of pain (you might be stacking up the hernias at this point, but it's worth it), you will only experience the final phase in a blurry haze of endorphins as you carry the pickupee to your intended destination. At some point you black out, and wake up the next morning with no knowledge of what happened. Believe me, it was incredibly hot and totally worth it, even though your back is ruined and you may never be able to move your legs again.

That is how you pick up girls. Next time, we could discuss our favourite handholds for picking up girls, or how to pick up girls together with your friends (more carrying capacity means you might go for heavier targets!).

In the past the closing part has been the more difficult for me, I've overcome it by simply saying to myself that I have nothing to lose. So I have to say breaking the ice; I find it difficult to strike up a conversation with a stranger for no reason, it just seems forced. It's much more comfortable if you have an "excuse" to talk (such as a mutual friend, etc.). And as for the conversation: if it's a person worth talking to it shouldn't be a problem keeping it interesting.

The hardest part is tolerating the person you've picked.

I'm like an icebreaker boat (like the picture below)

96179316.jpg

(picture of icebreaker boat)

It doesnt really matter what you break the ice with though... I had the most akward pickup line ever and tried it on a few girls, its ****ing gold.

Starts of with sketching this vivid scenario of them going to Japan for a holiday by plane, plane gets in turbulence, people freaking out and crashes somewhere in the hilamalaya mountains... You wake up, snow, ice, everywhere... People try and reach civilisation, never come back, probably died trying... (most girls are literally HANGING of your lips by now) ...weeks go by... people start dying around... you start to get hungry.
"Would you eat a corpse to survive?" hahaha : D

...2 hours later i was in her bed playing hide and seek with my penor.

The hardest part would be #2. Generating sufficient newtons to perform the initial (adrenaline fuelled) picking up of the pickupee is not typically the problem. The true test comes with sustaining the required lifting action for a longer duration. Once you are past the threshold of pain (you might be stacking up the hernias at this point, but it's worth it), you will only experience the final phase in a blurry haze of endorphins as you carry the pickupee to your intended destination. At some point you black out, and wake up the next morning with no knowledge of what happened. Believe me, it was incredibly hot and totally worth it, even though your back is ruined and you may never be able to move your legs again.

That is how you pick up girls. Next time, we could discuss our favourite handholds for picking up girls, or how to pick up girls together with your friends (more carrying capacity means you might go for heavier targets!).

Perhaps you shouldn't be such a chubby-chaser tgb.

Spread God's seed on God's fields.

Does spreading God's seed on God's Kleenex count?

As for pickup lines, telling them you're in Hetairia usually works quite well, they definitely don't leave the room after you tell them that. Of course, it's hard to know if that's the pickup line at work, or the fact that you've tied them to a chair and broke their legs.

Did you pretend to act interested in her daily activities? That's a big no-no. Keep feigned interest to general things only and talk about yourself as much as possible, whilst implying that you are better than her in x number of ways. Quote Aristotle casually, for example. At the least, you may get the contact information of the children who frequent that library, and believe you me, children are much more open to suggestion.

Usually the icebreaker and conversation aren't about daily activities. I want to know a little about you, not your life story. Try to stick with what types of music/movies/games/books a girl enjoy is a pretty efficient way of just making casual conversation while dropping hints that you're interested.

Dodo said:
...2 hours later i was in her bed playing hide and seek with my penor.
With a pickup strategy like that, somehow I doubt it.

I picture Dodo alone in a hotel room, literally playing hide and seek with his penis, covering it with blankets, and then pretending he doesn't know where it went.

I picture Dodo alone in a hotel room, literally playing hide and seek with his penis, covering it with blankets, and then pretending he doesn't know where it went.

I believe it.

The only pickup line that I ever had that turned into a one night stand was speaking Korean to a Korean girl who didn't know Korean. How about that.

LOL ah man, i can totally picture it! :D

I usually just tell them about my Stephen Colbert avatar and they're all over me like a woman on my penis.

The hardest part is usually her femur, but if you have the time you can always acid-bath it.

Back