What Do You Want This Time

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
I am curious what everyone is expecting and wanting this time around?

Enemies?

Characters?

Does it finally end? Keep it going?

yeah I want the feeling of closure. No need to drag it out but something heartwarming, better story telling, more emotion, more enemies, just more of what was good with the others. also we'll find out that Gordon is an angel

yeah I want the feeling of closure. No need to drag it out but something heartwarming, better story telling, more emotion, more enemies, just more of what was good with the others. also we'll find out that Alyx is an angel and Gordon is a God

This fits better ;)

Cutting-edge graphics and gameplay which is even more spectacular than EP2. And bigger physics puzzles that are actually challenging.

I want it to release before I join the air force.

No antlions , no new Xen creatures , more Combine tech , more story details , new physics-based puzzles , new weapons , cutscenes , for it to come out soon and last but not least - to be longer than 3 hours.

No antlions , no new Xen creatures , more Combine tech , more story details , new physics-based puzzles , new weapons , cutscenes , for it to come out soon and last but not least - to be longer than 3 hours.

I disagree with almost everything there.
The problem with HL2 was that there was very little Xen aliens and too much combine. And cutscenes would just ruin the whole thing.

But yeah on new weapons and story details.

I think by cutscenes he meant hl2 style cutscenes.

I want that same feeling of mystery that you got when you first entered City 17.

An epic story, a spectacular tech demonstration, an ending that'll make everyone happy/sad/amazed (please don't make it become a Lost episode with everything's just a dream in the end), but above all, A SOLID RELEASE DATE!

An epic story, a spectacular tech demonstration, an ending that'll make everyone happy/sad/amazed (please don't make it become a Lost episode with everything's just a dream in the end), but above all, A SOLID RELEASE DATE!

You'll get everything except the last one.

I want it to make like HL1 & be released within days of the new Legend of Zelda.

Due mainly to the fact that I'm Half-Life fanboy & my best friend is a Zelda fanboy.

I want a Highway 17 type of gameplay. I realize I might be the only one who enjoyed this part of HL2, though ;)

Giant Headcrab boss battle, designed and made by the Combine. That'd be so tits.

I want a Highway 17 type of gameplay. I realize I might be the only one who enjoyed this part of HL2, though ;)

You're not alone. Actually my favorite part by far.

The feeling of desolation is nothing like any game or movie has ever given me.

New enemies and maybe a weapon, G-man details, better physics puzzles, updated graphics, Alyx development, a happy ending with closure.

Oh yeah, I actually want it to come out.

more physics based pulzzles, less zombies (I might be one of very few who doesnt like zombies) generally less dark (never forgive Valve waiting for an elevator in EP1) more combine tech and answers. They designed whole citadel for super Gravity gun gameplay. It would be very cool to have a Portal gun environemet as well in EP3. And of course those wishes for early release date. And it would be nice to see a glimpse on the other Cities around the world (not just City17)-I know it wouldnt be part of a gameplay, but comehow componed into storyline. But those wishes wont change anything, because valve has already made out pretty much all aspects of story by now. ;)

i want it to be.... surprising.. i want to have no idea whats going to happen next as im playing because the overarching goal is pretty simple, find the borealis and either use it or destroy it (maybe it will end in a choice like hl1 and we can get some alternate endings then hl3 will have to do the whole "you actually made this choice" thing). oh ya... and also rescue judith. so besides those main goals which seem pretty staight forward i want twists. thats what made hl1 so great ( what!? the soldiers are actually here to kill us!) and hl2 so great (what!? judith is working for the combine!... what!? shes actually a double agent!)
if its not too much to ask, i would also like episode three to be considerably longer than ep1 and 2.... which i think valve has said it will

i want it to be.... surprising.. i want to have no idea whats going to happen next as im playing because the overarching goal is pretty simple, find the borealis and either use it or destroy it (maybe it will end in a choice like hl1 and we can get some alternate endings then hl3 will have to do the whole "you actually made this choice" thing). oh ya... and also rescue judith. so besides those main goals which seem pretty staight forward i want twists. thats what made hl1 so great ( what!? the soldiers are actually here to kill us!) and hl2 so great (what!? judith is working for the combine!... what!? shes actually a double agent!)
if its not too much to ask, i would also like episode three to be considerably longer than ep1 and 2.... which i think valve has said it will

^This.

Basicly a new weapon (huray), an acid shotgun as a replacement for the Spas-12. Primary trigger shoots same as the Spas shells, but instead of small lead balls, it shoots small corosive round objects that eat away anything they fall onto. The secondary trigger shoots two of those shells for some really bloody combat. As such a weapon would pretty much desintegrate areas, Valve will have to improve their Source engine a bit to let corpses have holes in the areas of effect.
I'd also like Episode 3 to have more tight coridor action - like Gordon and Alyx being chased inside of the Borealis by Combine troops or, maybe they'll be trying to evade them, who knows.
Another thing of my oh-how-I-want list is some new cool scripted sequences and more life-like animations and sinchronisations of movement.

A scene where you'll have to use a Combine Hunter chopper to clear an area full of Combine troops and, (I hope so) kill an Advisor or two.

Last but not least, sending the Borealis to the Combine home planet as a Troyan horse, being rigged and all by you and Alyx, with the clever help of resistance members simmilar to characters of Griggs and Sheckley.

Then again, the usual:
-creepy metalic ambience in the icy chamber where the Borealis would be
-the epic game play of HL2
-the game being longer than 10 hours
-more of Alyx

Bet again, nothing would happen if Valve don't release the game, of course. :)

I totally disagree with the acid shotgun idea. Let the shotgun remain a shotgun. Some new weapon would be nice, perhaps an XM25 :)

I want it to actually end. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't see why they have to prolong it.

I want it to actually end. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't see why they have to prolong it.

Episode 3 is the end of Gordon's saga, but not necessarily the end of the Half Life universe.

Not really. I remember reading about it on some official press release or something. Take it with a grain of salt.

I want the ending to give answers, but put you deeper in questions at the same time. I want it to be that you
destroy the Borealis just as the Combine contact their Overworld, but then you destroy the portal, and you (along with the ship being ripped to pieces), get sucked into the portal. And HL3 could be in the Combine Overworld (by yourself, like HL1.) and time goes back to the 7 hour war.
That would be BOSS.

Everything before time time-travel would be the obvious path for the story to take, though if we end up in the Overworld I would like, if not completely finished and left the place by the end of the game a la Xen, to have at the very least accomplished something highly significant over the course of 1 or 2 levels. For example stopping the most immediate retaliatory force they have no doubt been amassing over there, or perhaps rather than the portal being destroyed at the teleportation, it being shut down by your valiant actions on the Overworld, resulting in the remainder of the combine forces charging your way in what appears to be a "Bolivian Army Ending" moment. Then to be suddenly rescued and teleported out by the Vortigaunts as they overwhelm you, leaving your allies behind, hearing the final lines of exposition delivered simultaneously by both the Vorts and the G-Man, implying they were both in league and playing you through all the episodes.

Or something like that. Maybe everyone just returns to white forest and eats icecream.

i want the episode 3 to be looonger. you know episodes 1 n 2 were quite brief ?

and we waited ages for them .. D: argh c'mon.. we want something that we can at least play for a week.

more difficult !

more havoc of courze ! who doesnt like those.. and more MUSIC during gameplay :E

and more humour hahha.. thr was this tamed headcrab, lamar.. hilarious

half life always has some signature levels, something that's different from the other. That's why i like it. more n more pleaze !

Back