What does your gf/bfwife/husband/partner think of your gaming habit?

Reaction score
Thread speaks for itself, but a little background:

There I was playing the Dead Rising demo and giggling like a 9 year old when my character dressed up in too tight children's clothes and whacking zombies with a toy laser sword. My wife came in with a face of disbelief, shaking her head. I showed her a few things like the frying pan in face, the cash register smash, etc etc. She could not imagine this being funny and was telling me not to play this game with my 10 year old nephew.

What are your experiences with your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner in general in relation to your gaming habit? How do you deal with negative reactions?

Well, I don't have a gaming habit, so that isn't a problem, really.

Perhaps you should wait till your nephew is 12? Other than that, don't let her attitude spoil your wonderful hobby. Some people are just too uptight. :)

My ex just occasionally teased me about it and called me a geek, but considering I don't really game much :p

:)

My imaginary girlfriend starts kissing my neck to arouse me. How she likes to play her little games!

My imaginary girlfriend speaks spanish. I wish I could understand what she's saying :(

My imaginary girlfriend speaks spanish. I wish I could understand what she's saying :(

Real imiginary women are installed with translators. It doesn't get the job done perfectly, but at least there's the basics.

Oh and I wouldn't know.

I don't have a partner.

The ex's haven't really made a big deal out of it

My mother says random crap like "You're addicted to that computer. You sit there 'till the early hours shooting people, and don't get to bed until 3 or 4. Then you wake up at 3 in the afternoon and go straight on the computer! You're missing all the sunlight! You need at least...." That's when I tune out and start playing games.

Other than that, no girlfriend to speak of to whine at me. "Ooooh, pay attention to me!" Dude seriously? If I were paying attention to you, how would I be able to own everyone?! Flawed logic.

My mother says random crap like "You're addicted to that computer. You sit there 'till the early hours shooting people, and don't get to bed until 3 or 4. Then you wake up at 3 in the afternoon and go straight on the computer! You're missing all the sunlight! You need at least...." That's when I tune out and start playing games.

Other than that, no girlfriend to speak of to whine at me. "Ooooh, pay attention to me!" Dude seriously? If I were paying attention to you, how would I be able to own everyone?! Flawed logic.

This man has his priorities straight.

My gf kicks my ass at pretty much every game. She even out-epics me in WoW :(

Mother never had a problem with my frequent use of a computer, presumably because it was my only source of enjoyment in a town where every other male was concerned solely with sports, cars, and women.

She doesn't care.. But she hates when I'm screaming and singing on the microphone like I do when I'm playing CSS or BF2 with you guys, so it's kind of boring. I don't really game much as it is, maybe an hour or two per day, and it's generally before she's home from work.

She doesn't care.. But she hates when I'm screaming and singing on the microphone like I do when I'm playing CSS or BF2 with you guys, so it's kind of boring. I don't really game much as it is, maybe an hour or two per day, and it's generally before she's home from work.

Gawd :p your the sort of person that makes me so glad that there I put enable_voice 0 into my console D:

i don't tell her. i say something like, "i'm fooling around on the internet". i usually don't discuss gaming unless someone else brings it up and even then i'll still be relatively mum about it.

I'll just say this-

My girlfriend PWNS in BF2 and in Jedi Academy.

And she wants to play Gens:Zero Hour soon.

-Alix

Girlfriends? GIRLFRIENDS? Now why would a pro gamer like me have a girlfriend?

Well I don't have a gf. But my parents usually don't say anything about it. Unless I somehow piss them off then they'll try to make rude comments about me being on the pc all the time, and how "I look like harry potter" because I'm a white kid with glasses. Sometimes I really just wanna tell em to stfu cause im getting sick of hearing it

Zeus you look like Harry Potter you God damn computer nerd!

My dad always bugs me about CSS...I do have a bit of a gaming problem but I only game for about four hours a day...plus I'm on page 34 in Word of my book so I've just been writing that a lot lately! :D

My better half encourages it - mainly because she gets to watch super DIY home make over extreme edition without me telling her to 'turn that shit off'.

i cycle through girlfriends pretty quickly... and they all just kind of ignore the gaming thing. i give em other things to focus on, you know?

i cycle through girlfriends pretty quickly... and they all just kind of ignore the gaming thing. i give em other things to focus on, you know?

COCK?!?!?!?

...sorry.

The last girl who I sort of was "with" (not a one night stand thing, but not really a girlfriend thing either, I don't know how to describe it). played videogames. Hah hah!

The other girlfriends that I've had have either been indifferent to it, not really care, or, in one case, have no clue about it. I had one girlfriend who I overheard talking to her friend in school about how she thinks "boys who play videogames are beyond disgusting." Fourtanetly it was over a year after we broke up...

my girlfriend don't mind she's evan given gaming a go down to me but she just ened up shooting her own team mate on cs s

My girlfriend knows I like to play games, but i don't really play anything unless its in windowed mode when shes online. And if shes with me i'll only play if she'll get involved too.

If i have a scrimm in css she doesn't mind, she knows i like my games and she lets me do what i like. She just calls me a nerd, in a non-serious way. :)

My girl doesn't really complain too often... although I'm not that much of a gamer anymore anyways...

It's usually just 1 or 2 hours a day, if she stops by during one of my sessions... she'll just patiently watch me play, either that or she'll go and watch the TV.

I never choose the computer over her when she asks to go out or anything though.
Girlfriends first, gaming second.

My mom sayz that my eyes are going to blow up!
And for the gamers.....womens are a unexplored world...for me too:( i'm a gamer

If they can't deal with me retreating to a dark room with a computer for a few hours every so often to game then they won't be my boyfriend :p
As long as you got the housework, ironing and cooking done then I don't see why they'd disagree.

Gawd :p your the sort of person that makes me so glad that there I put enable_voice 0 into my console D:

You'd like to hear me. I'm funny trust me. Ask anyone on here who has played with me, I'm nuts.

Back