Woman Hangs Dog For Chewing Bible

Stylo

The Freeman
Reaction score
Indeed.

A U.S woman named Miriam Smith has been charged with animal cruelty after hanging her nephew's pit bull from a tree with some electrical cord.

All because it thought the holy book looked tasty.

Article Here

Animal control officers said that 65-year-old Miriam Smith told them she killed a female dog named Diamond because it was a “devil dog” and she worried it could harm neighbourhood children.
Bad dog. Obviously it was posessed by Satan, what with behaving like a normal dog and everything. Apparently Smith faces up to 5 years in prison if she's convicted. Obviously some of us human beings have still yet to come out of the dark ages.

Authorities said the remains of the dog were found under a pile of grass with part of an electrical cord around its neck.

Classy.

Sick c*nt, but isn't five years a little much for killing a dog?

Normally I would agree with you Monkey, but the woman is clearly unbalanced if she actually believes that a dog doing a dog-like thing like chewing on a book is evidence of him being a "devil dog".

what if, instead of her dog, her neighbor's five year old son wandered over and smeared mud on the Bible or did some other little kid activity that she interpreted as disrespectful or "satanic". Maybe the kid would be hanging from the tree instead.

She should be forced to eat a bible every day for the rest of her life

what if, instead of her dog, her neighbor's five year old son wandered over and smeared mud on the Bible or did some other little kid activity that she interpreted as disrespectful or "satanic". Maybe the kid would be hanging from the tree instead.

Pretty much what I thought about. I mean, babies chew stuff. Would she hang a baby from a tree? Who knows?

Also, KiplingsCat, yeah, I noticed the headline. I can see where they were coming from but it would've been easier to re-word it.

Normally I would agree with you Monkey, but the woman is clearly unbalanced if she actually believes that a dog doing a dog-like thing like chewing on a book is evidence of him being a "devil dog".

this give a mental of a baby splatering food all over a bible and ending in a ugly way...

I chewed up a bible just last week. Poor dog. :(

F*cking bitch, religious dumbf*cks make me sick with this kind of behavior. This is what's wrong with religion, believing there's a guy sitting on a cloud who cares, doesn't give you the right to abuse fellow life.

It's times like these I'm so glad I'm a Buddhist, love & compassion ftw.

F*cking asshole, religious dumbf*cks make me sick with this kind of behavior. This is what's wrong with religion, believing there's guys sitting crosslegged who cares, doesn't give you the right to imply that other religions don't promote love and compassion and that you're so much better.

It's times like these I'm so glad I'm an atheist, rationality and goodness ftw.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. I hate religion. But you guys seem to want to murder this woman, and frankly I find that slightly disturbing.

Her actions were despicable, to say the least, but in the end, it was still just a dog. Although i agree that her mindset needs to be rectified and herself resocialized to behave in a more healthy manner, wouldn't you think "Woman Hanged For Hanging Dog" or "Woman Forced To Eat Bible For Rest of Natural Life for Hanging Dog" be just as awful as the actions she did?

If you don't, well.... let wild dogs eat her. Because that's where our priorities lie.

Seriously, again, don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't find her actions monstrous, and you guys know I always agree with torture and psychological behavioral modification of select individuals that we deem religious or insane. But it's actually unsettling that you guys seem to be turning into.... well, me.

I'm pretty sure this single incident isn't what caused her to hang the dog, it was probably a long and enduring, painful period of time where this dog was inconveniencing her to such a degree it pushed her over the edge when the dog was finally chewing on her precious bible.

I don't even know why this shit makes the news, people kill animals for stupid ****ing reasons everyday. I bet if this story was called "Woman Hangs Dog For Chewing Book" nobody would give as much of a shit either - just another excuse to masturbate over atheism.

F*cking bitch, religious dumbf*cks make me sick with this kind of behavior. This is what's wrong with religion, believing there's a guy sitting on a cloud who cares, doesn't give you the right to abuse fellow life.

It's times like these I'm so glad I'm a Buddhist, love & compassion ftw.

You obviously don't know what Buddhism (Or even Christianity) is and I would appreciate it if you stopped pretending you do.

...doesn't give you the right to imply that other religions don't promote love and compassion and that you're so much better.

I said nothing of the sort, I'm not denying there are some good Christians/Catholics in this world, but their kindness is what makes them good people, not their religion. Nor am I saying being Buddhist makes one a good person, one must practice kindness, love & compassion before one is a good person. The vessel is irrelevant.
My problem with Christianity/Catholicism is people like this. My cat once ripped up my copy of Prince Siddhartha, did I hang him from a tree? No, I put him outside & bought a new copy off Amazon for $20.

You can argue my implications all you like Krynn, but it wasn't a Buddhist who hanged a dog from a tree. It was a bible fanatic dipsh*t.

You can argue my implications all you like Krynn, but it wasn't a Buddhist who hanged a dog from a tree. It was a bible fanatic dipsh*t.

Buddhists wouldn't feel love and compassion, they are too busy trying to ascend from this world, maya (the grand illusion) which includes killing any emotional aspect to your personality/ego (and thus the cycle of physical reincarnation), to forever join the vast, impersonal void of the universe, becoming one with it.

American Fundamentalist Christians killing other beings isn't anything new, though the misguided/understood/intentioned actions of a small few is not reason enough to completely denounce one sect of a major religion, to completely bolster and promote the entirety of another. That's not very Buddhist of you, Jule.

You obviously don't know what Buddhism (Or even Christianity) is and I would appreciate it if you stopped pretending you do.

I've been a Buddhist for 16 years, thank you. I regularly attend the teachings of Venerable Geshe Doga at Tara Institute in Melbourne.

Then you would understand the irony of all this.

What did you learn when you were one year old there, anyway?

Then you would understand the irony of all this.

What did you learn when you were one year old there, anyway?

The irony being that I've become a hypocrite of what I preach? Well, I'm still a kid, I have a lifetime to attempt to remedy my hypocrisy committed here today.

Funny, I don't know how much I learned when I was one, if anything, but it doesn't count against the fact that I've been attending Bhuddist teachings since birth.

The irony being that I've become a hypocrite of what I preach? Well, I'm still a kid, I have a lifetime to attempt to remedy my hypocrisy committed here today.

Many lifetimes.

She didn't hang the dog from a tree because she was a Christian, she hung it because SHE WAS CRAZY. Buddhists can have mental problems too!

That's exactly my point, she has not got a grasp on the true meaning of kindness that her church (or even precious bible) are meant to teach, she thought the dog deserved what it got for defacing her precious f*cking bible, it's abuse of moral power. Maybe it's not the church's fault, but clearly if this idiot is lacking such ethics like 'DON'T MURDER A DOG FOR ACTING LIKE A DOG' then they aren't really doing their job properly, are they?
Also, child molesters. The Pope protects them, the Pope can burn in hell (LOLIRONY, i dont belive in hell!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

...and the religion bashing begins! I suppose it was only a matter of time being as there was a bible involved and everything.

Well I'm one of those weird people who believes in a higher power (God) but bases most of it and science and rationality.

Yeah, Christianity and Science TAKE THAT YOU SMELLY BASTARDS.

Jul3, had you meant what you're now pretending you meant, you wouldn't have said "I'm glad I'm a buddhist" you would have said "I'm glad I'm not a crazy person." You didn't however, and your intent is clear as day, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

As for religion bashing, the only person who has done that in this thread is the Buddhist.

Jul3, had you meant what you're now pretending you meant, you wouldn't have said "I'm glad I'm a buddhist" you would have said "I'm glad I'm not a crazy person." You didn't however, and your intent is clear as day, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
People never ever make mistakes when they're typing things amirite?

People never ever make mistakes when they're typing things amirite?

Not when they say it once, deny it, and then say it again.

This is what's wrong with religion... It's times like these I'm so glad I'm a Buddhist
I said nothing of the sort... but their kindness is what makes them good people, not their religion.
but it wasn't a Buddhist who hanged a dog from a tree. It was a bible fanatic dipsh*t.

For a Buddhist, he's not very peaceful. Just sayin'.

I'd rather be Buddhist than communist.

Hurr.

That does not compute.

I refer you to the work of Alister McGrath. A former Atheist turned Christian who believes in both evolution and God and is both a Doctor of Divinity and has a Phd. in Molecular Biophysics. XD

Hero number 2 of mine. Number 1 being Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age.

You can reach a point where you modify traditional christian beliefs to mesh with science enough so that you can't rightfully call yourself a christian. Not that that's a bad thing. It's not as if christianity, or any established religion, has a monopoly on monotheism.

You can reach a point where you modify traditional christian beliefs to mesh with science enough so that you can't rightfully call yourself a christian. Not that that's a bad thing. It's not as if christianity, or any established religion, has a monopoly on monotheism.

Some branches of Christianity teach that Christianity in it's most basic form is accepting that we are a creation of God. You can call yourself a Christian (and quite rightly if you follow particular branches) along with believing in what Science teaches.

A major amount of Christians and Scientists seem to hold the determination to disprove each other. But neither has and to be honest, why should they? Neither has proven how we got here either. Nobody has. All we have are our evidence-based theories.

It's actually been amazing for me reading McGraths books. People always camp themselves in religion or science but there is a surprising amount of common ground.

Ugh, well whatever. Organized religion really just pisses me off, so I don't really care. You seem like a cool dude, though. The sort of new member who seems to fit in a little too well to actually be a new member.

Ugh, well whatever. Organized religion really just pisses me off, so I don't really care. You seem like a cool dude, though. The sort of new member who seems a little to well fitting to actually be a new member.

To each, their own! and thanks, I should probably credit that to my former experience with being a part of several internet forums.

Wait, so because I am Buddhist that makes me a hypocrite for bashing the church? I haven't denied that the church proclaims to teach more or less the same thing as my religion, but I can be against a religion for crimes their followers have committed can't I? Killing a dog, for one.

As for religion bashing, the only person who has done that in this thread is the Buddhist.

Does bashing another religion compare to murdering a dog? I may have been hypocritical in terms of "love & kindness ftw", I'll admit to that. But I am disgusted by the actions of this christian. It's when I hear about people like this that it makes me glad I'm not one of them. Maybe I was too broad in my generalization (Christianity = Bad, Buddhism = Good), I'll admit to that too.
But I have my religion, it makes sense to me, & I'm proud. As I'm sure many of the good Christians are too.

Back