WoW Cataclysm

found a better spot to level up my main lvl 80 mage. Hyjal its the best spot and doesn't involve holding my breath :D

Digging my Worgen druid a LOT for the moment while I wait for the congestion in the 80-85 zones to clear up. I may do a bit of casual (but scheduled) raiding this expansion. Psyched to take down new and genuinely difficult content. Looks like this expansion delivers in a much bigger way than I thought it would. I'm already enjoying it vastly more than I did majority of LK.

Worgen start is severely underrated - fun, fun stuff.

Is anyone just gunna use a lvl 80 here as a Worgan? I saw a lvl 81 Goblin all ready

I'll admit I'd be tempted to race change to worgen if they were horde. Goblin, though... no.

So you can just pick to change your race? That's seems kind of odd...you'd think you would need to start a new character.

you guys think there will be another expansion after this?? also Cata seems more fun than LK which was better than BC content so far. The core content I think was the worst now that I think about it. getting from 1-60 was a drag

There'll either be a maelstrom or an emerald dream xpac I reckon.

Oh God it's taking all my strength to not reinstall WoW.

Must.... wait.... 2... weeks......

There'll either be a maelstrom or an emerald dream xpac I reckon.

Cataclysm IS the Maelstrom expansion. The old plan of action was to have two more expansions. One centering around the emerald dream and another where you'd apparently assault the maw of oblivion and such and defeat Sargeras. I figure they'll retire it by then since Starcraft 2 will probably be close to finished in its series and Diablo 3 will be out. I'd assume they'd start a new IP unless Kotick forces them to milk the WoW Cow until literally no one even wants to play anymore.

Cataclysm IS the Maelstrom expansion. The old plan of action was to have two more expansions. One centering around the emerald dream and another where you'd apparently assault the maw of oblivion and such and defeat Sargeras. I figure they'll retire it by then since Starcraft 2 will probably be close to finished in its series and Diablo 3 will be out. I'd assume they'd start a new IP unless Kotick forces them to milk the WoW Cow until literally no one even wants to play anymore.

I'm not so sure it'll be retired by then.

World of Warcraft has been out for 6 years. With BC coming out in early 2007, Lich King coming out in late 2008, and now Cata out in late 2010, it's a safe bet that the next expansion will hit towards the end of 2012.

Even with the Starcraft Expansion Pack, and Diablo 3 being added, those games, you know, they're single-purchase things, you know? It's not a recurring fee like World of Warcraft is. I think they'll keep it around for as long as possible. Even if they are working on a second MMO.

Blizzard learned after Lich King that most of their player base dropoff between people who bought the game and people who were hooked on it like cocaine occurred within the first few hours of gameplay. They had spent so much focus on adding things to the end of the game, that starting a new character was nothing more than a boring chore you went through to get to the end. And only people who had already seen the end were going to bother. Even the Death Knight was like saying "Hey thanks for playing, here's another high level character".

That was the brilliance of Cataclysm. Reworking the entire beginning, not just in gameplay or leveling speed but in environment will attract people who quit on it before or just don't want to make another toon.

In 2008, even before Lich King came out, Warcraft went from 10 million to 11 million subscribers. Problems with release in China stalled it from growing all that much more, but we've still just broken 12 million.

I'm expecting Cata to give it a huge boost. I can't see them closing up shop on something like that. Even aside from the piles of money that they make from it, as long as people keep playing it, why stop supporting it?

I can see myself playing WoW on my deathbed, 50 ~ 80 years from now.

I'm not so sure it'll be retired by then.

World of Warcraft has been out for 6 years. With BC coming out in early 2007, Lich King coming out in late 2008, and now Cata out in late 2010, it's a safe bet that the next expansion will hit towards the end of 2012.

Even with the Starcraft Expansion Pack, and Diablo 3 being added, those games, you know, they're single-purchase things, you know? It's not a recurring fee like World of Warcraft is. I think they'll keep it around for as long as possible. Even if they are working on a second MMO.

Blizzard learned after Lich King that most of their player base dropoff between people who bought the game and people who were hooked on it like cocaine occurred within the first few hours of gameplay. They had spent so much focus on adding things to the end of the game, that starting a new character was nothing more than a boring chore you went through to get to the end. And only people who had already seen the end were going to bother. Even the Death Knight was like saying "Hey thanks for playing, here's another high level character".

That was the brilliance of Cataclysm. Reworking the entire beginning, not just in gameplay or leveling speed but in environment will attract people who quit on it before or just don't want to make another toon.

In 2008, even before Lich King came out, Warcraft went from 10 million to 11 million subscribers. Problems with release in China stalled it from growing all that much more, but we've still just broken 12 million.

I'm expecting Cata to give it a huge boost. I can't see them closing up shop on something like that. Even aside from the piles of money that they make from it, as long as people keep playing it, why stop supporting it?

Well I didn't mean they'd retire it, I just think they won't make any more expansions. The final expansion will go on for at least a year after the release so we're looking at a 10 year run of solid content. They'll probably keep it running after that but I dont' think they'll devote enough resources to build expansions. Plus the last expansion is going after Sargeras they will basically have run out of significant enemies.

Plus I think there will be another MMO IP. There are rumors of some new franchise starting up but I have no idea what it could be. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a World of Starcraft just to bring down all of South Korea.

yay lvl 81! this is the best content yet! also with only 5 lvls to get to I may finish my other higher end characters too :)

Well I didn't mean they'd retire it, I just think they won't make any more expansions. The final expansion will go on for at least a year after the release so we're looking at a 10 year run of solid content. They'll probably keep it running after that but I dont' think they'll devote enough resources to build expansions. Plus the last expansion is going after Sargeras they will basically have run out of significant enemies.

Yeah I could definitely see that happening. I guess we'll see.

Plus I think there will be another MMO IP. There are rumors of some new franchise starting up but I have no idea what it could be. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a World of Starcraft just to bring down all of South Korea.

Oh yes there definitely already is another MMO in the works. I don't know if it's a new IP or not, though. I'm really dying for someone to make a good space-based one. I suppose I should be grateful that no one has because I'd fall into it and never come out.

Some of you folks speculating on Blizzard's future product lineup may want to see this - they'll be making WoW expansions for a good while, and why not? It's a separate dev team. Titan is going to be amazing and I hope to gosh that the leaks and speculations about it being an MMOFPS are right.

UGH one quest in a small dungeon was glitching, it was a boss and his drop at the end. all you need to do is open this coffer or tomb or something and it just freezes up. Lukily though I was able to strike down so many Alliance noobs while they were doing the mission, best feeling ever. They were like all lvl 83 and higher and because of the boss's spells, they all got stunned for like 5-10 seconds. Its just enough time to beat the shit out of them and leave and do it again when they think I'm gone :D

I sold my account 3 years ago for about $400. I called Blizzard tech support today and told them it was "hacked" and got it back. Good stuff. In the meantime it got banned and my character was renamed/trasnferred. They reversed everything though.

I sold my account 3 years ago for about $400. I called Blizzard tech support today and told them it was "hacked" and got it back. Good stuff. In the meantime it got banned and my character was renamed/trasnferred. They reversed everything though.

That's.... that's rather evil.

Well I didn't mean they'd retire it, I just think they won't make any more expansions.

You realise they're still making expansions for Everquest, right? MMOs can have absurdly long lifespans, even without 10 million+ subs, and even in the presence of a sequel.

Then again, SOE are much, much bigger whores than Blizz. Kotick aint got shit on Smedley.

Grats, you're a dick.

I am downloading the client from Battlenet atm. Gonna get Cataclysm later today. Do I still need to install from the Cataclysm disc or is it simply adding the Cataclysm key to my account?

EDIT You only have to add the key. Easy.

I want to play gaemz! WoW is about the only multiplayer game that runs properly on my ****ing Macbook.

Bad excuse, I know ...

Just hit 85. My room has rapidly deteriorated. There's a tub of peanut butter with a spoon in it on my left, two day old glass of milk on my right.

Help.

I'm currently level 84, and slowing down because of the 9 million xp you need to level. I started doing some archeology, and I'm in a position where I don't get points for discovering fossils and pieces, only creating the artifacts.

Will doing all the new Cataclysm quests for 80 and over get you to 85? I'm gonna start on the 21st, see if I can manage to do it within a week or so.

I'm currently level 25 and not really doing much other than walking around Org. I'll start leveling again next week.

Nearly 82 last night the quest that glitched a day before worked fine for me. Also worked hard last night and must have blown through about 30 quests in an hours time. This game feels much easier but the respawn of the enemies is a bit too high for my liking. You sometimes have no time to run out of the way before your in combat

I saw a lvl 85 Goblin tonight. He was wearing mostly lvl 85 heroic gear. Srsly wtf. Only five days to max out?

Rolled a Goblin mage myself, with engineering and mining as its professions. Got it to lvl 12. :)

I saw a lvl 85 Goblin tonight. He was wearing mostly lvl 85 heroic gear. Srsly wtf. Only five days to max out?

Rolled a Goblin mage myself, with engineering and mining as its professions. Got it to lvl 12. :)

its simple, race change and then bam lvl 80 goblin. 20 hrs later and bam your at 85. probably less than 5hrs if you have a crew just healing/sharing buffs in group then jump out. Also i hit lvl 82 all ready, it levels much faster than from lvls 70-75 tbh

ALSO can we drop the BETA at the end of this thread?

Why the **** is the Goblin racial +Alchemy instead of +Engineering?

The new spells are pretty damn good. I made a few potions that change my appearance and give me huges boosts to spell power like +1200 spell power for 20 seconds or something like that

Back