Your nationality/ethnic background

Ukrainian!

Well actually, it's most of a subtle mix with Russian. One of my distant relatives is from the far East - somewhere in Mongolia, perhaps. I also have blood of Norwegian-Finnish connections/area.

Ну что, испугались!?

Father was born in Ireland, mother was born in Germany... and I was born from the two love-making in a quiet Boston university.

But, I was adopted by my two current parents shortly afterwards.
They're both French.

From order of most to least dominant trait:

Italian, Mexican, Deutsch, German, Irish.

I'm a f**king mutt. :p

I was American born though, and most modern Americans are mutts.

What is it with so many americans attributing personality traits to genetics all the time?

Mostly English, quarter Welsh, probably have got some Irish and Scottish blood too, and a small amount of Spanish. I guess the indigneous Brit side of me has some Celtic and Germanic, but records don't go back that far.

Swedish. My family is originally from Germany though, but that's something like 300 years back. Still got a german surname though.

3/4 English (with a hint of Scottish a few hundred years ago).
1/4 Slovakian.

I love how you get all these posts about people being half German, five percent Japanese and seven sixths Welsh but then you get just "Irish."

I'm a f**king mutt. :p

I was American born though, and most modern Americans are mutts.

Deutsch is German.

I love how you get all these posts about people being half German, five percent Japanese and seven sixths Welsh but then you get just "Irish."

Haven't had as much immigration the past centuries as most other Western countries. Emmigration, sure ;)

Yeah but my dad was actually German. :p

As for claiming to be Irish or whatever, well I claim to be Scottish because I live and love here, but technically I am more German then anything else, its the sheer awesomeness of being from a Celtic nation, you just got to declare it to the world. :p

And I aint part Japanese but I have been inside one. :O

there be lotta white people in here

computers.jpg

People keep thinking I'm Asian until they are told otherwise or meet me. :/.

From 30 miles across the water, right.

There has been far more emigration than immigration.

If you're a protestant or have protestant ancestors then it's likely that you would be at least partially Scottish or English.

English (most likely including romans and everyone else who invaded us in the past) a little tiny bit of irish , a bit of scottish , a bit of spanish and aparently a bit of native american but im not sure about the authenticity of that one.

Ethnic background is Slovakian as far back as I care to find out about.

Ethnically, Malaysian/Chinese.

Culturally, Australian.

If you're a protestant or have protestant ancestors then it's likely that you would be at least partially Scottish or English.

Yeah yeah but if you go back far enough they could all just be "celts" anyway.

100% Korean, to the extent that I can go back like 40 generations into my lineage. :p

True, the term Scoti (hence Scotland), refers to an Irish tribe, from Ulster that invaded what is now Scotland.

Half Estonian and bits of Scottish, Irish, German, Polish and English.

My parents each have one Scottish parent and one English parent. On my mother's side, a Scot married an Anglo-Frenchman, with the 'anglo' part being traceable back through the history of Hampshire for centuries. Dad's from around York - his Middlesburgh mother married Joe from Stirling.

I am the product of a handsome union between north and south.

Well then if you go back far enough we're all Africans or Primordial Oozians or some shit like that!

Dad is from Britain, mum is from South Africa.

Love being a hybrid. The accent sucks women in.

The red hair makes people automatically think that I'm Irish. And they would be right. Well, I'm one fifth Irish. The rest is Scottish, English, German, and French. I don't really know, but there may be a bit of Welsh in there too.

I always thought gingers were associated with Scotland.

You ginger, you. :LOL:

Bosnia.
Mother family is Croat, fathers family is Serb.
I've lived for just over half my life in Holland.

Bosnia.
Mother family is Croat, fathers family is Serb.
I've lived for just over half my life in Holland.
Wow, you must really know what the Balkan conflicts were like first hand.

Dutch African/Polish

I have the round cheek bones to prove it.

Both my parents are English. However, my mother has strong Welsh relations on her father's side and her grandparents became Canadian citizens in the early 1900s. Nothing interesting.

Back