Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
How do you know they didn't just reseal it (like without the game inside)? Lol, that would suck when your great grandchildren open it and there's a blank DVD in there.

I got Ico for like $20 about 10 years ago. I traded it in long ago, I guess.

I have a confession to make, I never finished Ico nor Shadow of the Colossus.:(

I'm a terrible person, I know.

My most recent purchase was Just Cause 2 LE, but pondering picking up Mount & Blade: Warband.

OmG!

Fuk u guize!

<3

but seriously gtfo!

I gave Shaker my copy of SoTC and he never even finished it, either. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

i paid $135 brand new. its the cheapest i could find at the time. it'll probably fetch $300 in about a 5 years time.
I'm going to go with it dramatically reducing in price about the time Sony adds PS2 games to the Playstation Network, since it'll easily be one of the most in demand titles. Case in point: Ikaruga, which was a far, far rarer title going for greater prices before its XBox Live rerelease. No completed listing above £45 having just checked. Sure, you can argue that the appeal isn't quite as strong despite Ikaruga being a damned fine game, but I'd say it's pretty unsafe to expect any kind of price increase on a piece of software.

Not saying PS2 support is certifiably coming to PS3, but within your five year time frame, it's pretty conceivable that some console or other will get it.

plus there are also rumours of a ico/sotc compilation for ps3 a la gow collection

I'm going to go with it dramatically reducing in price about the time Sony adds PS2 games to the Playstation Network, since it'll easily be one of the most in demand titles. Case in point: Ikaruga, which was a far, far rarer title going for greater prices before its XBox Live rerelease. No completed listing above £45 having just checked. Sure, you can argue that the appeal isn't quite as strong despite Ikaruga being a damned fine game, but I'd say it's pretty unsafe to expect any kind of price increase on a piece of software.

Not saying PS2 support is certifiably coming to PS3, but within your five year time frame, it's pretty conceivable that some console or other will get it.

plus there are also rumours of a ico/sotc compilation for ps3 a la gow collection

If either of those happen, I'm selling my ps2 and immediately buying a ps3. Hell, I could even get Okami for the Wii.

if they announce Ico on PS3 I'll shit a brick then jump on ebay and sell em fast....cuz godammit i just bought another brand new ICO on Amazon.com for $80! plus God of War collection for $22 used (bluray disks barely ever scratch) and Wii Fit Plus for my folk's birthday

If either of those happen, I'm selling my ps2 and immediately buying a ps3. Hell, I could even get Okami for the Wii.
On the other hand, a digital distribution won't devalue a physical copy, because the purpose of the physical copy is to take advantage of a mate attraction strategy that is biologically wired into our species, by selling it to people who feel that they need it. Anyone can own Okami, but how many can own an unopened physical copy?

Got Metro 2033 and beat it on Hardcore in like 2 or 3 days. Not that it was easy (oh god it was hard at some parts), but I didn't get the good ending so I'm probably going to grind through it again and maybe take my time to see if there were any atmospheric things I missed! I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 2 is probably next. That, or Bioshock 2 if I don't want something I'll get heavily invested in. I'm still at the Circle of Magi in Dragon Age and I got that for Christmas D:

rent Bioshock 2 if you have a 360 or PS3...if not wait for the price drop. I'm renting it and played like half an hour and I'm finding TV shows more exciting than playing it. I'll give it another whirl but don't get your hopes up. its just more of the same

yeah i've had my copy for ages and I still ain't past the 3rd chapter. So boring :|

I almost never finish games. Thinking about ending the game makes me stop playing. Some kind of psychological block. I guess I just don't want them to be over, so I stop near the end. In fact I don't even want to know what happens at the end or how or when exactly the game will end.

So, 5 years from now, I still never finished that one game, and so I'll end up reinstalling it... but then I decide to play from the beginning since I don't really remember it well.

GOTO 10

I have a confession to make, I never finished Ico nor Shadow of the Colossus.:(

I'm a terrible person, I know.

My most recent purchase was Just Cause 2 LE, but pondering picking up Mount & Blade: Warband.

I can't stand Ico, and only have it because it's basically a collector's item. SoTC however had an emotional and heart-wrenching ending and you should beat it.

MOUNT AND BLADE IS AWESOME HOLY SHIT I WAS DEFENDING A CASTLE AGAINST 400 ENEMY SOLDIERS WITH JUST MY 100 AND WE TOOK 300 OF THEM BEFORE I FELL MYSELF HOLY SHIT I WAS LIKE THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

Bought a XFX ATI HD Radeon 5850 1GB just over a month ago, came with AVP for steam. That died on April 1st (yay, april fools!) so I returned it Monday and they didn't have the same card in stock so I got a Sapphire 5850 with COD: MW2 for free with it. Shame both games are pretty bad, but hey, they were free! :p

I can't stand Ico, and only have it because it's basically a collector's item. SoTC however had an emotional and heart-wrenching ending and you should beat it.

MOUNT AND BLADE IS AWESOME HOLY SHIT I WAS DEFENDING A CASTLE AGAINST 400 ENEMY SOLDIERS WITH JUST MY 100 AND WE TOOK 300 OF THEM BEFORE I FELL MYSELF HOLY SHIT I WAS LIKE THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

I enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus but, despite the replay mechanics, once you beat it and figured out how the puzzles it's way less fun. I haven't played Ico really, but I always thought Rez was cool (never owned it). Did they ever release a collector's edition Ico? I figure I could find a used one of those for cheap if they exist. Just like the collector's edition FF7.

I had an original copy of FF7 that I sold for a little over $50 because I was broke at one point.

Also I haven't seen a cheap copy of Ico in at least a year or two... but the last one I saw was $10.

Edit: Mountain Blade

I don't think I will be buying anything until 3D Dot Game Heroes releases in May, then RDR. The only exceptions may be some adventures games like The Black Mirror 2, The Whispered World, or maybe some iPhone games like Steve Jackson's Sorcery: The Shamutanti Hills which I cannot wait for!!!

I bought Metro 2033 and Alone in the Dark on easter day. I have completed Metro on the hardest difficulty, and I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of moments in the game that took me off guard, and made me really like it.

Alone in the Dark on the other hand... Jesus Christ. I don't like this game at all. Its bad. To be fair, I barely even played it. It was only like 6 dollars because of Gamestop's sale, so I bought it. I thought it would be half decent, but no. The controls are terrible, the menu system is bad, and I don't like the save system.

I'm not sure if I should return Metro 2033 though. I mean, there isn't much for me to do besides go and get the good ending, but I don't really want to go back all the way through the story mode and beat it again. There isn't really much use in having it.

Edit: I usually don't "return" games, but since I beat it so quickly I might as well.

so if anyone wants to make some fast cash, like i

buy Ico from amazon.com new

sell on ebay

Profit!

Did you manage to sell a copy?

actually i just reconsidered it and since Amazon went from $80 brand new to $120 in one days time I'm gunna say **** it for now.

i would have made a lot more money, but I will be collecting one per paycheck i hope

OK, but I think you may be turning into Asuka. Something to think about.

To be honest, I found AITD5 to be a flawed gem, I definitely enjoyed playing it but it did have a lot of issues.

Also, the music in it is absolutely fantastic.

*Hides from haters*

I thought AITD4 was much better, but maybe it was the setting...and lack of bugs. :p

So given the eBay success of Ico, does it make sense to anyone to buy an extra copy of The Last Guardian when it releases? Or is is the secret out already?

Oh, and RE5 was $20.98 at Target earlier this week, but I went back last night to get it and OF COURSE they only had the Gold Edition for $60 or whatever. Damn my cheapness.

I've decided to at least TRY to calm down with my game purchases, after counting my collection today and realizing I own over 70 games that I have never even played.

But it's so hard given the amount of interesting games currently coming out.

Anyone been in a similar dilemma?

It just feels so wasteful to buy new games when I own so many unfinished ones, but at the same time I don't want to "fall behind" on the latest games etc.

I've decided to at least TRY to calm down with my game purchases, after counting my collection today and realizing I own over 70 games that I have never even played.

It just feels so wasteful to buy new games when I own so many unfinished ones, but at the same time I don't want to "fall behind" on the latest games etc.

I haven't even installed half my games list on Steam.

I have 150 steam games and last time I checked i'm at 0.0 hrs on steam in the last week. i have too many games as well and I can only last about an hour or 2 before i go and watch a tv show or movie. anyway i was looking again and ps2 versions of Pyschonauts and Indigo Prophesy brand new are going for the $100+ price point. if you buy a bunch on an alternate web site you can get a lot of dough!

Kind of... but I'm nowhere near rich enough to get to 70... I have maybe five I've never played and... I dunno maybe 10 or so I've barely played (ie started up and quit within an hour or so).

Of course if I had the cash to spend... yeah I'd probably be in the same boat. I seem to buy a lot of independant games and stuff when they're on sale and used console games then jump right back to the big guns like L4D2 and, more currently BFBC2.

Kind of... but I'm nowhere near rich enough to get to 70... I have maybe five I've never played and... I dunno maybe 10 or so I've barely played (ie started up and quit within an hour or so).

Of course if I had the cash to spend... yeah I'd probably be in the same boat. I seem to buy a lot of independant games and stuff when they're on sale and used console games then jump right back to the big guns like L4D2 and, more currently BFBC2.

I know what L4D2 addiction is like.:)

To be fair, it's probably more like 40 games if I only count ones that I have actually paid cash for, i.e. not abandonware, but it still feels like a quite substantial number of games that I pay for but never play.

But I blame society for the way I spend cash, we're constantly fed over here that the best thing to do is buy buy buy, to keep the economy growing and thus to in the end make more money ourselves, or something like that.:p

61K8SNyMBoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51-j88z3rlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

12510143%20Contents.jpg

I like what you just bought Lamda, great choices

I got Aliens Vs Predator Classic on steam for like $2 recently. I'll play it someday

Back