Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
BC2 blows MW2 out of the water in MP, and I generally have more fun in the SP in BC2.

Now all Dice need to do is get some more bloody maps out.

100113025723Heavy_Rain_European_box_art.jpg

Grand-theft-Auto-4-Episodes-from-Liberty-City-ps3.jpg

casuals, casuals, and more casuals

just got the Game of the Year Deluxe edition of the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for $8.50! never played Shivering Isles and I would mind trying to blow through most of the game again, twas fun

Seeing advertisements for Super Mario Galaxy 2 on TV almost makes me wanna get a Wii.

Don't think, just do it. Go and buy one, finish Galaxy, then play Galaxy 2. Then play the Metroid Trilogy while waiting for the new Zelda. Thank me later :)

My order for this should be going through on monday. Can't wait. D:

:cheers:

I am SO tempted to get a Wii with Galaxy and then get Galaxy 2. Ive heard nothing but awesome things.

BUT, it would be pretty much the only reason to get one, and I fear the Wii will just be boxed away until the next 'big' game comes along.

I am SO tempted to get a Wii with Galaxy and then get Galaxy 2. Ive heard nothing but awesome things.

BUT, it would be pretty much the only reason to get one, and I fear the Wii will just be boxed away until the next 'big' game comes along.

Do you have 3 friends who enjoy Brawling and Karting? Do you enjoy classic nintendo games? A few brilliant third party and indie games? All three Metroid Primes in one box?

Earthworm Jim HD. It's the funniest game I've played in ages - I practically cried with laughter when I first fought
keyboard cat
and Chuck.

ok I have 168 Steam games, and I really need to lend out my username to people. I have the 360 and PS3 too and barely finish half my games. either that or just stop buying games for the next 5 years

Don't think, just do it. Go and buy one, finish Galaxy, then play Galaxy 2. Then play the Metroid Trilogy while waiting for the new Zelda. Thank me later :)
I've been considering grabbing the Metroid trilogy, since I missed out on all of them (something reading this forum has made me regret a thousand times over). I heard there were some issues with it though, like graphical quirks and maybe control issues. Are these worth worrying about? I trust your Nintendo nerdiness over any review. :p

Nothing worth worrying about. gfx wise I haven't noticed anything odd and the controls - on the most sensitive 'advanced' mode, which should have been the default - are great, and perfectly suited to the platforming and chilled sight seeing gameplay in Prime.

I'm a little jealous - the day MP arrived on the GC is up there for me with playing Mario 64 for the first time. It's zelda epic, but with a sombre and lonely atmophere driven focus on exploration and discovery. It looks stunning and the score is haunting. I lost hours to walking around and listening to the music. I'm ranting ... if you like the idea of landing on an ancient planet and the sense of exploring places no one has seen for 1000s of years, you'll cream yourself over Metroid Prime. The other two games are good too, but Prime is the ****ing daddy.

ok I have 168 Steam games, and I really need to lend out my username to people. I have the 360 and PS3 too and barely finish half my games. either that or just stop buying games for the next 5 years

I hear you, I've tried to completely stop buying games but I never manage to control my impulses, there always comes some new title, no matter how obscure, that I purchase, and the amount of games that I haven't completed just keep stacking up.

Heck, there are even some most-play titles for the next-gen consoles that I own but haven't even touched, such as the Uncharted games.

super-mario-galaxy-2-box-art.jpg

get-image-1.jpg

Played through the first world of Mario already (anyone find it odd that levels are galaxies but groups of levels are worlds? :p). Seems fun, but I'm a little offput by how bloody similar it is to Galaxy 1. Oh well, I'm sure it'll get progressively more nuts as I move forward, hopefully the rehashed bosses aren't a recurring theme.

Grabbed Monster Hunter to play with a friend, and because I need another all-consuming time sink. I already had a classic controller but the only copies I could find without it were a whole $10 cheaper (like $5 US) so **** it, now I have two.

insanely expensive limited edition :O

15571172%20Large.jpg

Surely AC2 hit the benchmark of 'why am I really paying this much?' prices for a special edition?

That alone was as-near-as-makes-no-difference £100.

Got the reciept to prove it and everything. Though the figurine is pretty sexeh.

I've pretty much given up buying huge Collector's Editions because they take up so much physical space.

Haha, I just played Hidden and Dangerous: Gold the other day(It's freeware btw), god-damn that game is hard.

I got past the first level just fine but having trouble with the nazi prison camp one.

Ah Hidden and Dangerous 2 is one of the best tactical shooters I have played, had to rebuy it. I also think Vietcong is the best Vietnam war game ever made, I think it nailed it. Both highly underrated games I think.

Surely AC2 hit the benchmark of 'why am I really paying this much?' prices for a special edition?

That alone was as-near-as-makes-no-difference £100.

Got the reciept to prove it and everything. Though the figurine is pretty sexeh.

OK I'll admit I changed my order for this last week to normal edition purely because A) I don't have the space for that big stupid box and B) for the same price the AC2 black edition seemed WAY better.

And no I do not regret buying the black editon cos as you said that figurine is pretty sexeh :p

I'm yet to play H&D2's expansion pack.

Finally picked up Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on steam, thanks to the sales. Really great games. Also got Beat Hazard (MY ****ING EYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEESSS) and the Call of Duty package.

Ah Hidden and Dangerous 2 is one of the best tactical shooters I have played, had to rebuy it. I also think Vietcong is the best Vietnam war game ever made, I think it nailed it. Both highly underrated games I think.

You should try and buy the the expansion pack for H&D2. It's called Sabre Squadron. New missions with much larger maps and weather effects. The first mission infiltrating the sub base is win.

I recently bought Final Fantasy III for the Super Nintendo (slightly used obviously) and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'd never played it before.

It's certainly a breath of "fresh" air after the awful FF13, which I can't bring myself to continue playing.

You mean US FFIII right?

Since the 'real' FFIII was a NES game.

You mean US FFIII right?

Since the 'real' FFIII was a NES game.
'SNES' and 'Final Fantasy III' are enough. We're all ten years too old to get any kudos for knowing which old FF game was which.

I mean, he'd have mentioned pissing shards of glass if he'd meant the NES one.

'SNES' and 'Final Fantasy III' are enough. We're all ten years too old to get any kudos for knowing which old FF game was which.

I mean, he'd have mentioned pissing shards of glass if he'd meant the NES one.

True.

Now I feel like an ass.

Picked up Picross 3D for the DS a few days ago. It's like digital crack.

Bought Minecraft the other day as well which is also like digital crack.

Picross 3D is pretty great, but holy shit is it frustrating clicking the wrong cube 10 minutes into a puzzle and losing your 3 star rating. :p

Picross 3D is pretty great, but holy shit is it frustrating clicking the wrong cube 10 minutes into a puzzle and losing your 3 star rating. :p

I can't tell you how many times I've done that. My problem is that when I'm deep in thought I end up hitting the wrong direction on the D-pad by accident and break blocks I mean to paint.

Back