Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
bioshock%202%20xbox%20360%20box%20art.jpg

DERP. It's actually really good. Story is as good as the first so far. Nearly finished it.

Just bought 3 versions of this earlier this week (PC, PSN, iPhone):

Monkey-Island-2-Special-Edition.jpg

and can't wait to pick this up this weekend!

612UgIt7FLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My most recent purchase was the Introversion complete pack of Steam, I really didn't get all that into Darwinia and Multiwinia and I owned DEFCON retail and Uplink since before, but it was so damn cheap so I didn't mind that.

Not buying as many games as I used to because I'm not playing through games as fast as I used to.

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - A fun but flawed little shooter. Maybe with some financing they could have done a much better job.

All three of Borderland's DLC - I just started a new character but i have yet to try the new zones and features out. I enjoyed Borderlands. So, i assume i will enjoy this too.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - I love it! This should have received much better reviews.
It's fun and challenging. The vaudevillian art work and music make this a very unique game with a lot of character. I wish the developers all the best and i can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

15825376x.jpg

says alot when on the same day as the release of halo reach i buy THIS and not halo, MUAHAHHAAHAA!! :D

Altho i admit part of that is due to my signing up to lovefilm for game rentals. So yeah, I aint buying games any more unless I REALLY want them. For the rest of this year that only leaves:

deadly premonition
amnesia the dark descent
scott pilgrim: the game
assassin's creed brotherhood

Damn, first half of 2010 was so good and this half is so crap >_>

I weep for portal 2 and deus ex 3 being delayed

My next purchase is going to be on the 27th of this month. Just announcing it because I'm so excited already. :)

1255126249_stalker-call-of-pripyat-cover.png

I hated the first two Stalker games, so I don't know why I bought this, but god damn is this game great.

oogiegames1.jpg

4in1gamesytem.jpg

Minus Clash of the Titans you can say I can make a good collection finally! I have technically, the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, G-Factor (whatever that is!?) Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, NDS i XL, PSP, and PC. Used to have the Gameboy Advance, Atari 2600 and Commedore 64 which I'm looking into rebuying plus a Dreamcast is only $35, N64 I still need and a few other systems

You geek.:p

Also, Shenmue 2 DC > Shenmue 2 XB1.

I'm not much for collecting shit these days, I'm not a good materialist I guess.:(

You geek.:p

Also, Shenmue 2 DC > Shenmue 2 XB1.

I'm not much for collecting shit these days, I'm not a good materialist I guess.:(

yeah I know, I'm working on the Dreamcast and N64 next. By mistake because I was in a rush to buy everything I got Rogue Squad on 64 instead I thought it was an SNES game. Regardless it only reminds me of systems I never had :(

oh and video game collecting in my mind is safer than doing stocks and it seems like games always end up higher than they once were at some point

oogiegames1.jpg

4in1gamesytem.jpg

Minus Clash of the Titans you can say I can make a good collection finally! I have technically, the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, G-Factor (whatever that is!?) Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, NDS i XL, PSP, and PC. Used to have the Gameboy Advance, Atari 2600 and Commedore 64 which I'm looking into rebuying plus a Dreamcast is only $35, N64 I still need and a few other systems

GBA SP was one of the best hand helds ever. Perfectly lit screen that was fairly large for its time, rechargable battery that lasted an eternity. Fold down design so you didn't break your screen or anything. A million great NES and SNES remakes. It pretty much made the basis for all of the DS strengths. I need to go track down a bunch of games and break mine out again. I bet the games are like a dollar at some flea market or ebay.

Fun times. Possibly the best Diablo-alike I've played on a console, and the puzzle elements fit in incredibly well. Humour's pretty hit and miss though.

ds.jpg

GBA SP was one of the best hand helds ever. Perfectly lit screen that was fairly large for its time, rechargable battery that lasted an eternity. Fold down design so you didn't break your screen or anything. A million great NES and SNES remakes. It pretty much made the basis for all of the DS strengths. I need to go track down a bunch of games and break mine out again. I bet the games are like a dollar at some flea market or ebay.

yeah I feel stupid for getting rid of it, but at the same time I can always buy it for cheap now. I actually played the SP in college, and it probably contributed to my poor test results but the system was so much fun. and your right the battery on that thing was a beast. I think I charged it like every 24hrs of use

yeah I know, I'm working on the Dreamcast and N64 next. By mistake because I was in a rush to buy everything I got Rogue Squad on 64 instead I thought it was an SNES game. Regardless it only reminds me of systems I never had :(

oh and video game collecting in my mind is safer than doing stocks and it seems like games always end up higher than they once were at some point

I would totally get a collection like yours if I felt I had the physical space, got the money, just don't got the physical space sadly.

I'd especially like to get a N64 since the N64 has no truly good emu, and the best N64 emu still have compatability issues with games like Conker(Need to get the XB1 remake of that!) and GoldenEye 007.

Do you have all the consoles hooked up by the way or do you just like have them specifically to fulfill the collection?

I already posted a pic of my latest purchase, Dragon Quest IX, and it is ALL I have been playing and all I plan to play until probably September or October. Incredibly deep and involved and appropriately epic. :thumbs::thumbs:

just got on steam:
Call_of_Cthulhu_-_Dark_Corners_of_the_Earth_Coverart.png
LOVE this game. Very atmospheric and spooky. Enjoy!!

yeah i'm looking forward to it :)

still have to finish my runthrough of ME2 first tho :p

I would totally get a collection like yours if I felt I had the physical space, got the money, just don't got the physical space sadly.

I'd especially like to get a N64 since the N64 has no truly good emu, and the best N64 emu still have compatability issues with games like Conker(Need to get the XB1 remake of that!) and GoldenEye 007.

Do you have all the consoles hooked up by the way or do you just like have them specifically to fulfill the collection?

I have just one hooked up but since my Samsung has a swivel base I can get the Gamecube running in like 30 seconds or less. The 3 in 1 system is connected right now, but I also unplug my Xbox 360 because not only does the orange light blink on the power brick (ghostbusters trap/toaster) but its a giant waste on the power bill

adadada.jpg

It was released on Steam a couple of days ago. Weakness pays.

Splinter Cell PC sucks these days, I mean the original.

Because the shadow-shaders used in the game were exclusively made for GeForce 4 series of cards, they don't work with modern generation nVidia or ATI cards, same goes for Pandora Tomorrow.

And playing Splinter Cell without 'dynamic' shadows just ain't the same.

damn, how does it look now

Sorry, I wasn't exact enough: There aren't any dynamic shadows, so moving characters don't have any.

I'm going back to that game store again. Today I will finally get my N64 and my Dreamcast I've been wanting. With games probably over $100 but I'm getting the Pikachu Collectors N64 thats blue so it should be a collectable when I sell it in 50 years (If I live that long)

33.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't exact enough: There aren't any dynamic shadows, so moving characters don't have any.

You can poke around in the .ini files and change the shadows renderer. It makes for some extremely ugly shadows on occasion, but it does make the game better than what it looks without the hardware shadows.

28b657ab.jpg
Target had DQ9 for $30 which is the cheapest around. Can't wait to try it out. Also got my N64 and a bunch of random games. My collection is getting much larger, but I'm gunna head onto ebay for my games. My friend got Donkey Kong Country for $2 and a bunch of others cheap

Finally bought Mount & Blade: Warband off Steam, doubt I'll get around to playing it in the near future though, but it was on sale so, I couldn't resist.

Finally bought Mount & Blade: Warband off Steam, doubt I'll get around to playing it in the near future though, but it was on sale so, I couldn't resist.

I'm waiting for the $10 or less price. Plus there will be more mods by the time I want to buy it.

I bought Just Cause 2! It's so great!

Stunt jumping from car to car while shooting dual SMGs at baddies is such a great thing to do.

ebaywin.jpg

my ebay win, ffvii, 8, 9, tactics, and the anthology for $91

Back