Beer

Do you like the taste of beer?

• Total voters
Beer actually has medicinal properties when used within reason. The only thing liquor does is rot your insides, so I don't touch the stuff. Besides, like they say, "liquor may be quicker, but it makes you sicker". :p

I very much hated beer until recently, now I like certain types.. Pumpkin Ale is ftw, so is berry. I also like Drafty beers and Guiness.

i love me some beer! i went through a phase where i would only drink steel reserve and milwaukee's beast.

i dont know how i did it now.. lol

Yay beer!!

i love me some beer! i went through a phase where i would only drink steel reserve and milwaukee's beast.

i dont know how i did it now.. lol

Yay beer!!

I live and go to school in Milwaukee, at none other than University Wisconsin Milwaukee..

ALL the parties they have Beast, and it gets so gross after a while.

So, do we think beer has the special property of transfiguring itself into something tasty the more you drink it, or do we think that one can get used to anything, and that beer is one of the few things we are compelled by society to keep consuming even when we know we don't like it?

I neve'hds'n't alcohol.
what what whaaaaaa?

Well, society. Taste is psychological anyway.

The more you drink it, the better it tastes. Alcohol is not lemonade, you pussies :O

There is so much shit in the world, why not enjoy the few enjoyable things?

Beer, lager, ale and stout - love them all. I genuinely enjoy the taste of a good beer, appreciate a nice cask ale and generally guzzle lager like it's going out of fashion.

Not so much a fan of really heavy beers, and there's been a few casks I've hated, but it's all good.

I want to haul ass to Germany for some beer and lager goodness, already sampled Amsterdam and Prague.

Buckie fails even harder than beer.

Did you know some chavs mix it with Lemsip Max Strength? ****s em right up.

Buckie fails even harder than beer.
/highfive

Did you know some chavs mix it with Lemsip Max Strength? ****s em right up.
I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it killed them painfully. Sounds like a "Flaming Moes"...

Something to add to the entire beer debacle - cider. I really enjoy a lot of mainstream ciders, particularly Magners and Kopparbeg (pear). But I really detest traditional cider, most of them brewed in southern England. It's right manky.

Had some really good beers, think it was Holsten Pills on draught in Germany that was brilliant. Tyskie/Zywiec are great Polish ones. Tiger is good. Corona, Fosters, 1664, Heineken, Becks, Peroni are all good as well.

Stella/Carling/Carlsberg = shit

I don't like most ciders, though some of the odd ones are tasty. Like pear cider, or strawberry cider.

There is so much shit in the world, why not enjoy the few enjoyable things?

Because beer is not enjoyable...:sleep:

I see no point in buying something that is hazardous for my health and I don't even like the taste of.

Beer is actually healthy. Well, unless you drink too much of it.

Don't like it at all really, much prefer to drink coke. I think beer is consumed mostly for the effects.

I like Beer, however, if it comes from a can it's blooming foul! Cider is average, sometimes tastes like what I imagine to taste like piss.

Whiskey makes me ill so I don't drink it anymore. The smell of it brings back bad memories :x

You think beer tastes bad? Try this shit

112B8CBE-3CA2-11D9-B7BF-B32CBAFEE083.jpg

I really don't like the taste of beer and the smell is disgusting. I'm really not much of a drinker, I do like Mike's hard lemonade! Does that count?

abso-****ing-loutly not.

and i go to an American College so beer is practically everywhere at anytime. Drink mutha****a drink mutha****a drink! I love alcohol.

Love the taste of a good beer. I'll drink anything though really. It's just something you grow with over time at college.

Some beer's good, some beer's bad. I prefer straight vodka

Straight vodka is terrible.

Unless it's flavoured. Then it's bearable.

I never liked the taste of most bears, some are good tho once in a while.

I used to hate and deride the taste of beer in my mid-teens, calling it 'carpet soup' etc.

It was only around age 20 that I came around. Previously I had only tried the mainstream beers like Carling et al which are over-gassy, bland, and full of shitty chems, but at that age I was exposed to some of my first flavoursome beers.

The first was actually at a barbecue where I had some Hoegaarden and really enjoyed the taste (Leffe is another great tasty belgian wheat beer, but unfortunately very gassy. Also note that I think Hoegaarden switched breweries, so I don't think it tastes quite the same as it did then).

From there I thought that I should maybe delve a bit beyond the type of beers you see advertised on TV, or being drank by clueless louts in east end pubs. I tried checking out some real ales and bitters, and eventually became very fond of stuff like Old Speckled Hen and Landlord (possibly best beer evar). After that, if I was ever in a pub with my friends I'd make an effort to buy a pint of the most obscure and interesting beer on pump, which is how I've sampled an array of tasty ales the names of which I can't for the life of me remember atm.

For the last month or 2, however, I've been here in the US, in Ohio - and no wonder you guys think most beer sucks. Your beer sections are huge, but from what I've tried so far most supermarkets and places like seem to stock only bland, fizzy, tasteless weewee (like Carling in the UK). Even the more interesting looking brews end up tasting like shit (Leinenkugel's and Sam Adams being among the offenders). It's different to the UK in that even the dingiest off-licenses in East London has to stock at least a few OK beers like Svyturys, Okocim or Zywiec in order to keep all the Polish people happy (although I have spotted Zywiec in a few unlikely places here).

In order to find beers I might like, though, I've had to stop by places called Dorothy Lane market and Jungle Jim's, and at the moment I'm trying my hand at different types of Porter, since I have found it too sickly in the past but would like to see if there are any I like. Gonzo Imperial Porter, by Flying Dog brewery, was very tasty indeed, as well as coming in a cool box adorned with Hunter S. Thompson quotes. Breckenridge Vanilla Porter wasn't so good, being too sickly for me. So it's a bit of a lottery.

Also keep an eye out for Weihenstephaner and Pilsner Urquell.

For the last month or 2, however, I've been here in the US, in Ohio - and no wonder you guys think most beer sucks. Your beer sections are huge, but from what I've tried so far most supermarkets and places like seem to stock only bland, fizzy, tasteless weewee (like Carling in the UK). Even the more interesting looking brews end up tasting like shit (Leinenkugel's and Sam Adams being among the offenders). It's different to the UK in that even the dingiest off-licenses in East London has to stock at least a few OK beers like Svyturys, Okocim or Zywiec in order to keep all the Polish people happy (although I have spotted Zywiec in a few unlikely places here).
How dare you speak against Sam Adams? It's one of the few mass market beers that has flavor.
sam_adams_brewery.jpg

:cheers:

I vote for the fifth option: "'Usen't' isn't a word"
Hurumph.

Beer's awesome though. Seriously awesome. I am currently drinking a lovely Czech beer called Ostravar.

ostravar.jpg

Did I mention that it's lovely? Well it is.

When I was younger I really didn't like beer. I think in some ways I conditioned myself to like the taste, spurred on by the whole "I drunk being love" effect. But now I genuinely love it: the taste, the sight of a cold pint, the intoxicating effects, the morning afterwards. Embrace it all.

I never liked the taste of most bears, some are good tho once in a while.

Yeah, some bears have a gamy taste. It's quite rare when you find a bear that has the aroma and flavor of the outdoors. A bold mountain fresh experience that really lets you know you're in bear country now.

lmao at usen't :LOL: That's an intersting new word for "didn't used to". Ah, leave it to riomhaire.

I've never had alcohol.

I neve'hds'n't alcohol.
Haha. I knew usen't isn't a very commonly used word (it is used a bit 'round here, I swear). I was wondering when someone would point it out. :LOL:

I like the taste of only a few beers, like Heineken, Stella Artois and Pilsner Urquell.

Back