Chell on front cover of Canard PC magazine

She looks like shes wearing a white boxing glove the way thats cropped. She's also sagging her overalls. :|

The idea of making Chell look less uniform, and instead more patched up with just parts of aperture clothing is kind of cool given the context of Portal 2, but I don't really like the execution. For one, she looks way too clean for the concept. Also she looks too hot.

Without a doubt they were emulating this from the 1984 Apple Commercial.

Looks awesome to me, my interpretation of it being a representation of the fact Chell has taken back some of control. The overalls no longer restricting or defining her, a fight back against GLaDOS. /analysis

Looks awesome to me, my interpretation of it being a representation of the fact Chell has taken back some of control. The overalls no longer restricting or defining her, a fight back against GLaDOS. /analysis

This.

Who knew Aperture Science made some tank tops, too?

She's wearing the exact same thing she was in Portal 1, you can just see more if it now.

She's wearing the exact same thing she was in Portal 1, you can just see more if it now.
You know your right after I was going to say you were wrong.

portal-chell.jpg

You can see her Aperture bra strap under the jump suit and in Portal 2 she simply tied the jump suit around her waist. I guess the climate of the Earth has changed so much that it's like a jungle there with all the vines, etc. *The Combine created global warming lololol. Or simply it was in a jungle already? OHHHH SNAP!

So does this mean Valve dropped that ugly as hell test suit they put out a while ago? You know, that gray long-john atrocity.

chell-portal2.jpg

Woah... Chell got hot. I like it.

Edit: Oh cool, they finally fixed the website.
Edit 2: Portal 2 valentines day cards? Good lord.

am I the only one who thinks they've changed chell's face quite a bit?

nice detective work, JC :rolleyes:

So does this mean Valve dropped that ugly as hell test suit they put out a while ago? You know, that gray long-john atrocity.

chell-portal2.jpg
We were all saying 'that doesn't even look like Chell' at the time. The logical conclusion is surely that this is simply another character altogether. Though with the premise as it is, perhaps it's only the P2 character from before they decided on the Robot player characters in Co-Op.

Anyone know enough French to confirm (and explain) whether 'C'est Chell Que J'aime' is a terrible pun?

And good call ZT on the 1984 advert inspiration.

Anyone know enough French to confirm (and explain) whether 'C'est Chell Que J'aime' is a terrible pun?
I don't think it's a bad pun. it's just french :p
it tranlates into something like: 'It is Chell who I love.'

I think the model looks pretty good. looks like they improved the face a bit.

Kupo, I think <<C'est Chell Que J'aime>> means "It's Chell that I love" but I have no idea why it's a good headline. Like you said, it's probably a pun.

I'm seconding the guy who said it was a bit too sexy. Chell was just a blank girl in a jumpsuit for us to project ourselves onto. She was the female Gordon Freeman. I think this shows a bit too much personality and a bit too much skin. I wonder do we start the game looking like that or does the state of dress change as we go? If so does that mean the game will have...cutscenes?!

That's got to be one of the largest leaps of logic I've ever seen :p

I think I can top it. Obviously the G-man works for Vogue. He is the fashion police of the universe.

Kupo, I think <<C'est Chell Que J'aime>> means "It's Chell that I love" but I have no idea why it's a good headline. Like you said, it's probably a pun.

It could be a play on "C'est tout ce que j'aime", the French tagline for McDonald's, though that'd be a pretty terrible pun for a headline.

My favourite part of this news was finding out that France has a magazine called PC Duck.

chell-portal2.jpg

RIP buttflap. We never got to see your full potential.

Maybe the new Chell changes overtime. Starting out in her prison getup and then slowly being adjusted to her own liking over time. It would definitely give her a little more personality.

That's got to be one of the largest leaps of logic I've ever seen :p
Indeed, the necessity of a decent 3rd person model for Chell is mostly due to us seeing Chell frequently through her own portals. The model of Gordon wasn't quite the same calibre in HL2 :p

chell-portal2.jpg

They can keep the crappy suit, just make it orange. not grey
It would look alot better and the point of the origional suit was to hep the player understand she is a test subjet. which she still is

Indeed, the necessity of a decent 3rd person model for Chell is mostly due to us seeing Chell frequently through her own portals. The model of Gordon wasn't quite the same calibre in HL2 :p
My logic is that that doesn't look like an outfit you'd come out of while in stasis which is how the game presumably starts. Chell has to tie that around her waist at some point. So, cutscene or first person knot tying puzzle? :O

Possibly, but it would be pretty anticlimactic for Valve's first cut-scene to be Chell partially stripping off....

Or would it?

I think the grey suit will work well if there are other test subjects wearing them.
I love how the Grey test suit uses that 1970's-1980's style of outdated Science Fiction. I think that is one of my favorite style types in the genre, back in films like Alien, Aliens, Space Odyssey, Star Wars: A New Hope; where the technology was massive reflection of the time period that the film was made. I think the film Moon did a nice job of bringing that tone back in a modern movie, like the guy was using all these big clunky pieces of equipment, and even GERTY (his robot) Was just like a big, oversized computer that moved around on a track. I miss when Science Fiction would have designs that were more about the idea that Form follows Function.

But no, I digress, everything should look shiny, plastic, clean, and typical. Cause I don't know nuthin about no movies or no art, all I knows is that suit is ugly an Chell should be hot and stuff.

I think the grey suit will work well if there are other test subjects wearing them.
I love how the Grey test suit uses that 1970's-1980's style of outdated Science Fiction. I think that is one of my favorite style types in the genre, back in films like Alien, Aliens, Space Odyssey, Star Wars: A New Hope; where the technology was massive reflection of the time period that the film was made. I think the film Moon did a nice job of bringing that tone back in a modern movie, like the guy was using all these big clunky pieces of equipment, and even GERTY (his robot) Was just like a big, oversized computer that moved around on a track. I miss when Science Fiction would have designs that were more about the idea that Form follows Function.

But no, I digress, everything should look shiny, plastic, clean, and typical. Cause I don't know nuthin about no movies or no art, all I knows is that suit is ugly an Chell should be hot and stuff.
I don't particularly like the current model, but its a hell of a lot better than that grey suit.

i think chelle should take her clothes off

that would fix the game

They had to make her look sexier so that gaming heads can make a statue of Chell that would sell for over $200:O

If she's going directly from Portal to Portal 2, it makes no sense for her to wear different clothing. "At some point while you've been unconscious for hundreds of years, we put you in a gray jumpsuit for no damn reason." On the other hand, though it's still a bit of a stretch, it's conceivable that her jumpsuit jacket might have been naturally torn off, and I think it's good that she has something visually distinguishing her from the original and I think it's a pretty good look. I agree with ZT that she should look visibly dirtier and disheveled, though it wouldn't at all surprise me if the only reason she doesn't is because this is pretty, front cover of magazine media. I also think it's funny that people are mad that "she is hotter" as if she isn't the exact same person, just in a pretty and stylized poster-ish image and with her jacket off.

Back