Deus Ex Human Revolution

Deus Ex just never grabbed me. On paper, it sounded ideal. However, when I played the Liberty Island demo, I was just left with an overwhelming feeling of "meh"
Undeterred, I tried the full game. Same thing. It just didn't work for me.

The same for me. I tried replaying it a lot of times, but I never fell in love with Deus Ex.

The same for me. I tried replaying it a lot of times, but I never felt in love with Deus Ex.

But you did play through the game in its entirety at least once?

Then all is forgiven.

But you did play through the game in its entirety at least once?

Then all is forgiven.

To be honest, no, I didn't. I will give it another try, but I have no problem admitting that some great classics are not my cup of tea.

To be honest, no, I didn't. I will give it another try, but I have no problem admitting that some great classics are not my cup of tea.

I know, as I said earlier to Pi, I can fully respect that.

I meant my above post in a bit of a teasing manner, I guess I should have added a smiley to it.

I really love DeusEx, its one of my favorite games of all time, but I am unsure about Human Revolution so far. On the one hand I hear a lot of people saying it is true to the original, with a lot of open ended options and a fairly well thought out world. Then on the other hand the officialy released media footage depicts this weird glossy yellow thing, with annoying third person attack animations, and a main character that looks and sounds like a twit.. though Denton was hardly the most charismatic tool in the shed, so maybe that is perfectly accurate.

I think I will have to wait for launch to see what the consensus is.. which sucks because of the Tracer Tong DLC... damn you Eidos.. and your frustrating yet clearly working plan to entice preorders. ><

Lobster, remember though that the Tracer Tong in Human Revolution will not be the Tracer Tong from the original Deus Ex.

This has been stated in interviews if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the info! I think I will wait and see what people think. Though that seems like a lame thing for them to do, tease an added plot connection between the two games so that the fans preorder, then it turns out to be nothing.. I guess stuff like that happens a lot with DLC in general though.

Well, as I said, it is only as I recall, it might be wrong.

Either way, I've got the game on pre-order.

Lobster, remember though that the Tracer Tong in Human Revolution will not be the Tracer Tong from the original Deus Ex.

This has been stated in interviews if I recall correctly.

Er what?

*video*

New gameplay vid(PS3) with director commentary. Might not want to watch if you don't want this level spoiled etc.

Really looks nice, though. Hype increasing.

Is it me, or did they take the piss filter down several tones? Looks so much better without it.

I really love DeusEx, its one of my favorite games of all time, but I am unsure about Human Revolution so far. On the one hand I hear a lot of people saying it is true to the original, with a lot of open ended options and a fairly well thought out world. Then on the other hand the officialy released media footage depicts this weird glossy yellow thing, with annoying third person attack animations, and a main character that looks and sounds like a twit.. though Denton was hardly the most charismatic tool in the shed, so maybe that is perfectly accurate.

If by that weird glossy thing you mean the yellow outlines, then you can comfortably play without them. Third person attack animations use up energy, so it takes a while before you can perform another attack, especially if you use other power-draining augmentations - so you can't go running up to people and one-key-killing them all the time. As for Jensen's look and voice - can't help you here, personally I think it's fine ;)

Oh yeah, you can also turn off the 3D map objective locators.

The character voice and appearance is just a personal thing, it doesn't really matter. I guess what I meant by yellow and glossy, was the overall look of the art style, again its just a taste thing, but I am not a fan of the perpetual sunrise/sunset lighting they have gone for, esspeacialy considering everything in the game seems to be made out of reflective plastic, though that is a fairly common thing in modern games, high bloom and specular shading can look really bad when little or no AA is applied, so it may simply be that I have only seen a few bad examples. I am certainly going to give it a chance come release! :)

Watched a bit of it, movement seems kinda... slow? I really couldn't form an opinion of it, I'll likely end up getting it anyway.

Must resist watching.

If you have watched E3 footage and some past footage, you wont be seeing any new areas. Only really new thing is the commentary he provides, which was interesting to me at least.

Decided against watching it all after a few minutes in. Don't want to spoil too much.

I didn't know there were different conversation options, like Mass Effect. Most of the conversations ingame I saw were just automatic.

"Conspiracy Trailer"

[video=youtube_share;J9T6oi7j7D0]http://youtu.be/J9T6oi7j7D0[/video]

A decent trailer, until the conspiracy trailer turned into an action trailer at least. Its going to take some work to get over the bad character models and facial animation though. Every time I see the game its the first thing that goes through my mind. Also, that tune thats in the background is really starting to grow on me.

Yeah, looks like a 2007 game. I wonder if at some point they said, "these character models look so awkward, we should just make them look slightly stylized to justify it" because it seems to me that the style/quality of the models has changed drastically in the past few months.

I wonder if people will find a way to edit them. That'd be pretty awesome. It wouldn't fix the animation though, and thats always much harder to mod.

Yeah, looks like a 2007 game. I wonder if at some point they said, "these character models look so awkward, we should just make them look slightly stylized to justify it" because it seems to me that the style/quality of the models has changed drastically in the past few months.

Could care less if it looked on par with XB1 graphics, even - as long as it stayed true to the essence of IW and added some kickass new environments and features/augments. Aesthetics wise, it's much more about style for me, and I rather like what I've seen of Human Revolution.

models looks diferent from the frist trailer in that last one

I have to say that the models and animations don't really bother me that much. For me, the style and (admittedly) the colour palate make up for that and make it pleasing to the eye.

I've been wondering one thing, did they switch voice-actors for Sarif during development?

I seemed to recall him having a far darker voice in the old TGS trailer from last year, than he does in the more recent trailers.

I have to say that the models and animations don't really bother me that much. For me, the style and (admittedly) the colour palate make up for that and make it pleasing to the eye.

Same here.

GT Preview

2d7ap93.gif

takemymoney etc

One parts cheesy, two parts awesome, the way I like my Deus Ex-

Well that was pretty impressive. Takes me back to the old District 9 promo stuff.

I really hope this is like DX1 in the way that I will always want to replay it.

Liked that trailer too, unsettled me a little bit. Really makes you question which side of the argument to support.

That was pretty neat, but god those voice-overs were terrible. Just hope they're not trying to sell a story the game can't deliver on.

You're getting your hopes up for a game that has no chance of delivering.

One parts cheesy, two parts awesome, the way I like my Deus Ex-

*live action trailer snip*

I rolleyed my way through that trailer. Antitechnology, NWO bullshit, and plenty of fear mongering. With bullshit like this you wonder why you get idiots refusing to vaccinate their kids. Way to go marketing department. *facepalm*

The annoying "message" asside I'm looking forward to the game.

I enjoyed that trailer. Looks like something alarmists would really put out. Actually sorta looking forward to this.

I rolleyed my way through that trailer. Antitechnology, NWO bullshit, and plenty of fear mongering. With bullshit like this you wonder why you get idiots refusing to vaccinate their kids. Way to go marketing department. *facepalm*

If anything the marketing department did a good job at recreating the feel of this sort of videos. If you're rolling your eyes at "bullshit like this" and you rolled your eyes at the trailer, then I'm guessing that's what they were aiming for ;)

Back