Deus Ex Human Revolution

You're getting your hopes up for a game that has no chance of delivering.

What can I say? I'm a hopeless optimist.

Besides, it's not exactly as though the market is flooded with these kinds of cyberpunk FPSes so it's not like I have much choice in the matter.:p

What bothers me is that people actually take that stuff seriously. *looks at Danimal*

Except it's a Deus Ex game, so the alarmists probably don't even know the half of it.

You're getting your hopes up for a game that has no chance of delivering.

Samon: "This game has no chance of delivering"

Everyone who's played the game: "This is going to be the game of the year"

That's pretty much Samon in a nutshell.

Can you imagine Christmas in Samon's house?

"Here's your presents, son. Happy Christmas!"
*shakes first box*
"It'll never deliver."
*skulks away*

Man I wish Christopher Nolan directed this game.

I rolleyed my way through that trailer. Antitechnology, NWO bullshit, and plenty of fear mongering. With bullshit like this you wonder why you get idiots refusing to vaccinate their kids. Way to go marketing department. *facepalm*

Uh, kind of the point of the entire Deus Ex series? I think they've done a great job showing two black and white sides to the argument of Human Augmentation for this game. I just hope there are some grey-area options in this game.

Good news I found a video that's less corny than that trailer.

I still have both the Augmented Edition and the Collector's Edition on pre-order, hard to choose.:(

I still have both the Augmented Edition and the Collector's Edition on pre-order, hard to choose.:(
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Collector's Edition essentially just the Augmented Edition with the Adam Jensen Square Enix model and a fancy box? I'd probably just save my pennies and get the figure at a later date. Doesn't look like there's any saving to be made from buying them as a set at the mo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Collector's Edition essentially just the Augmented Edition with the Adam Jensen Square Enix model and a fancy box? I'd probably just save my pennies and get the figure at a later date. Doesn't look like there's any saving to be made from buying them as a set at the mo.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm leaning towards.

Besides, my previous experience with these kinda figures haven't been the greatest.

I.e. them shipping with defects or such.

This may still be the first game I ever purchase a special edition new for. I still haven't done it, but I would like a date other than "August". Plus a bunch of stupid things I have to pay for popped up recently... but I should still have the cash for it.

So PC Gamer gave it a 94 but they also gave Dragon Age 2 a 94... but they also gave Portal 2 a 94.... so I don't know at all what that means. Doesn't really change the fact that my money is being fired from a cannon into this game's gaping mouth.

so I don't know at all what that means.

It means that they're spineless and afraid of giving a big company's game a bad score.

Is there an actual release date yet? Like, a specific day?

Is there an actual release date yet? Like, a specific day?
September 8th.

In Japan.

You'll have to work for the rest.

It means that they're spineless and afraid of giving a big company's game a bad score.
You can also count on PC Gamer to be somewhat biased towards any title that keeps their publication relevant. Games from Bioware / Valve are that bit more likely to have a bit of symbiotic goodwill attached to them, and a Deus Ex game is along the same lines.

I've gone ahead and preordered this anyway. I have the days following the PC release off (I swear, it's a coincidence), so I guess that's what I'll be doing!

Deus Ex is probably my favourite ever game. This one looks incredible, which is especially good as Invisible War was just awful. One of the deciding factors for me in getting a new rig to replace my seven year old piece of crap and start playing games again.

Can't wait!

Pre-ordered for the X360. It better be here on release date!

Lamest thing: My PC Gamer subscription ran out this month... I rarely do more than browse it for a few things I'm not familiar with, but this issue had the Deus Ex review in it. So... much for that. And I'm not paying full price for it again - I'm going to wait until I can get a good deal like the one I had before for $5 for a year.

Official PS mag gave it an 8.

Looking forward to seeing the non-exclusive reviews soon.

Never heard of that site, you sure its legit?

Yeah they had a bigger discount than listed currently and with a code took it right down. According to Facebook they aren't planning on any big codes any time soon. I grabbed DNF through them for half retail I should pay more attention. Oh well.

I am so hyped for this. Especially since I'm running a cyber-punky tabletop game.

this music is damn cool

I am so hyped for this. Especially since I'm running a cyber-punky tabletop game.

this music is damn cool

Part of the reason I'm getting the augmented version. I can sense a good game soundtrack.

Missed out on grabbing a copy for $26 through GMG :(

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=zoximama (Referral link gives both parties $5 when referred person spends $5).
http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution/
Code: MYVOU-S7XDS-D8OQS knocks it down to $37

So there's that option.

You know, I might try this site for From Dust since it's not on sale on Steam. It's weird how third party companies sell Steam keys for games for less than Steam. I mean, they must buy the keys from the publisher, yet they don't have to do any of the distribution like Valve does. It doesn't make sense that they can sell something that makes use of another distribution system. It's like paying the Fedex to ship and item and they just hand it off to UPS to deliver and they have to do it.

edit: BUT I WILL MISS OUT ON TF2 HATS. shit...

Just pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming. 34€ is a damn nice price so I bought Super Meat Boy to go with it. :p It activates on Steam too.

The last time I was this hyped about a game was WoW: Cataclysm.

Just pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming. 34€ is a damn nice price so I bought Super Meat Boy to go with it. :p It activates on Steam too.

The last time I was this hyped about a game was WoW: Cataclysm.

Too bad that was so disappointing... Well... it was fun for a while seeing new shit but ultimately disappointing.

But yeah, with the proper stuff you can get the Augmented Sexy Deus Ex for $40 so... that's $14 free.

Where from and how do?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=rayukiza (my referral link, I used Kyorisu's so I figure we can pyramid scheme this like cool people)

But yeah you go there and pick up the Augmented edition for 49.99 then use the code on the front page SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC and it's an even $40. Plus you get that $5 credit and I get that $5 credit and we all go buy a cool indie game and circle jerk until the end of time.

edit: You get the $5 credit after you buy the game so you can't use it on the game.

Back