Deus Ex Human Revolution

If I were looking forward to this game, I wouldn't want to read them.

^How big are those spoilers?

first spoiler = opinion
second spoiler = ending, also opinion (no story spoilers, or anything like that)

people say it's a mediocre deus ex game.

Considering he mentioned the leak, I'd assume they're just as big as those spoilers were (which I've avoided thus far). Please make sure you guys spoiler all of your discussion if you talk about them.

Most games are mediocre these days, but I'll take what I can get!

How has /v/ rated other games; can someone give a few examples so I can get an idea? Did they like the latest CoDs?

Remind me again why you guys even bother to visit that idiotic site.

My Game order has been dispatched today, that's 4 days earlier than they usually dispatch pre-orders. Not that I'm complaining, I can get this bad boy registered on Steam and pre-loaded ready for release day now.

Are you being serious?

I am being serious. I know basically nothing about /v/ apart from the snippets I pick up from the chatter here and I guess I don't pay much attention to it anyway (the chatter about /v/, not in general of course).

I am being serious. I know basically nothing about /v/ apart from the snippets I pick up from the chatter here and I guess I don't pay much attention to it anyway (the chatter about /v/, not in general of course).

Not joking, /v/ is essentially only worthwhile to go to if you REALLY want to **** around and mess with people, and Poe's Law runs ****ing rampant there. I can rarely tell when someone is being serious about something, because some of their opinions are so outrageous I automatically assume they're just trolling.

However, on the rare occasion there is a good thread it's a fairly decent place. For me that only happens on /tg/ and in Ace Combat/Armored Core threads though.

Anyway, I am so hyped for this game

Having it preloaded is painful. It's all there, but I just can't play it!

Also, I kinda like /v/ sometimes. Seen some nice serious discussions. Tonight's it been all crap.

Here's a list of many FPS games ranked by tiers that was made on /v/ through the course of a few threads: http://i.imgur.com/bCpiw.jpg

Pretty nice in my opinion, and works well for someone interested in FPS games as a means to get to know more.

Pre-ordered the one with the "Explosive Mission Pack". I was tempted to get the Augmented Edition but I couldn't find anywhere whether it allows you to turn off the extra 10,000 credits. That's a stupid addition.

Anyway, it's a happy coincidence that the release date coincides with the start of my week off work. :)

Here's a list of many FPS games ranked by tiers that was made on /v/ through the course of a few threads: http://i.imgur.com/bCpiw.jpg

Pretty nice in my opinion, and works well for someone interested in FPS games as a means to get to know more.

Thats actually a pretty decent list. No way in hell Clear Sky deserves to be in the "great" tier though.

I have so many issues with that list. Postal 2 in the good games for instance.

lol, the two FEAR expansions are in the "good" tier, mmk. The only thing notable about this list is that Deus, System Shock 2, and Half Life are in the right category.

Yeah /v/, you sure hate Call of Duty, Halo and the console FPS. We get it already.

Honestly, it reads like the manual for a hazing ritual. How many shirtless push ups do I have to do in the snow if I mention Bioshock 2 to a member of the fraternity? And oh wow I've just seen where Gunman Chronicles is.

edit: Heretic? Hexen? Christ on a ****ing bike.

edit: Heretic? Hexen? Christ on a ****ing bike.

I'll have you know Hexen II is right where it should be.
attachment.php

these days most people seem to think that Halo CE was at least decent.

I don't have such thoughts.

Anyway, how about we ignore that list, since it is irrelevant, and go back to the actual topic of this thread.

The only thing I can think of regarding this game is that once again, I arbitrarily have to wait three extra days to start playing it because my ancestors never had the common decency to emigrate. On the bright side, I've got a week of holiday (half spent with parents. No, I didn't book time off for this game, but it worked out that way anyway!), so I'll probably get it completed before I have to crawl back to work. Good times.

Oh and The Grauniad have a terse, newspapery positive review up.

Just pre-ordered from Greenmangaming. Also thinking about how much funds I get from my next paycheque, as it might decide if I splurge out for a new laptop or not.

Just pre-ordered from Greenmangaming. Also thinking about how much funds I get from my next paycheque, as it might decide if I splurge out for a new laptop or not.

Moneybags Dekstar.

Yeah I've been lucky enough to have next week off (switching between summer job and university), so plenty of time for Deus Ex :D

Working the weekend and then off for a week and a bit for a wedding =(

Thats actually a pretty decent list. No way in hell Clear Sky deserves to be in the "great" tier though.

The list looks good at first glance because right away you notice our favorite under-appreciated gems in their rightful place in the God Tier, but once you look through the lower tiers it stops making much sense. Games like Left 4 Dead should be in the Good Tier at the very least (definitely not on par with Red Faction 2, FEAR 2, BRINK, and Ricochet), but they've apparently downgraded them on the basis of fan outrage. I also think most people agreed that CoD4 was a pretty good game before the series became the monstrosity it is today. Fallout 3 deserves some recognition, too, despite the "lol, Bethesda" sentiment that's attached to it. And as much as I dislike Halo and the portion of the gaming scene it inhabits, the games belong in the Good and Average tiers at worst. They are nowhere near as bad as DNF, SoF: Payback, or Jericho.

The list looks good at first glance because right away you notice our favorite under-appreciated gems in their rightful place in the God Tier, but once you look through the lower tiers it stops making much sense. Games like Left 4 Dead should be in the Good Tier at the very least (definitely not on par with Red Faction 2, FEAR 2, BRINK, and Ricochet), but they've apparently downgraded them on the basis of fan outrage. I also think most people agreed that CoD4 was a pretty good game before the series became the monstrosity it is today. Fallout 3 deserves some recognition, too, despite the "lol, Bethesda" sentiment that's attached to it. And as much as I dislike Halo and the portion of the gaming scene it inhabits, the games belong in the Good and Average tiers at worst. They are nowhere near as bad as DNF, SoF: Payback, or Jericho.

I suppose you are right, after examining it a bit more there are definitely some games in the wrong place, especially the ones you mentioned. The God and Great tiers I mostly agree with.

Back