F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

I guess i wasn't in the right state of mind..

The visions all had cool effects, but never scared me.
Also, I probably missed 1/4 of the "scary" parts because I was busy looking at something else. I would hear the sudden tense music then wonder WTF just happened. :hmph:

maybe because I was playing at 4am?

ho-ly-shit. That was incredible. They did an excellent job on the fear factor. I could feel it all the way from my toes up to my head. I jumped several times and screamed. Graphics and sound are incredible. Overall feeling is great. Cons are that the mouse speed is WAY too fast, i lowered it to 0 and its still too fast. Also i dont like how the sound of enemies shooting are muffled and are distant when they are suppose to be close and loud. Definite buy...this one deserves my money.

Scared the shit out of me when i walked and i heard a weird sound, so im thinking "pfft theres nothing behind me, thats sooo cliche, but il just turn around to double check" i turn around and "WAAAAA OMG" freaking holocaust victim in my FACE! Jesus christ i ****ing pissed my pants.

I never screamed out loud, but damn did it scare me sometimes like:

When you hear a weird sound that normally means something weird is going on but I couldnt see anything strange. I look behind me and Alma is crawling right towards me, then disappears.

The locker bit was creepy just cause I had headphones with vibrations on :S

The spirits werent too bad if they were in your view from far away, but otherwise caused me to jump if they caught me off guard, especially when Alma as part of the spirit for some reason.

The visions werent too bad, but when I got to the cinema and there was a vision I was like "oh, whatever, I just wanna get outside". So I keep running not caring and just before you could leave the cinema... BAM she jumps out and GRABS you! Oh my god that terrified me!!!

The gunplay was quite good, though nothing new in particular. The weapons were fairly good, but I missed the penetrator and the lightning gun. The graphics on a whole were amazing. The blood was much better than before, and the lighting inside was very creepy. However, the outside environments were FANTASTIC, among the best I have ever seen. I kept thinking "wow, this almost looks real!". Oh, and the sound was good in terms of music and paranormal stuff, but the weapon sounds do seem to be a little weird (too muffled).

Overall, fantastic.

Just played it and have to say, I havent felt this impressed by an FPS since my first playthrough of HL2.

Yes maybe its all got a familiar feel but how can you make advances in an fps genre REALLY?

I really, really liked the demo, and its definitely worth a buy if it looks and plays anything like that when it comes out, and would make a serious contender for best fps or and graphical awards this year. The graphics and perfect smoothness were seriously impressive, some of the best looking environments ive seen in years, and the settings had the nerve to put me on medium, pfft. Really good graphics, it just looked and felt so damn real. Outside environments were jaw dropping. Literally made me look around thinking 'god damn it its like I can reach out and touch it', and the weapon skins look equally realistic.

Cons: Blood. The blood from gunshots is too cartoony, colour needs to be much less vibrant in my opinion.

Pros: Scary. Graphics.
This game scared me, or maybe made me nervous anyway. In the first game I was scared, now I kind of knew what to expect if you know what I mean? The whole 'oh look its all gone quiet, hmm what could they possibly *BAM* Ohhhhh the table moved' and 'oh look a cliche'd train to walk through, nah theyd never *BAM + shadow projected ahead* oh look she's behind me'.

Only one part made me 'jump' properly though, and that was in the cinema...***k me I ALMOST screamed out, but didnt want my housemates hearing my girly scream.

[edit] just out of curiosity, did anyone else experience what can only be described as the game stopping for like 1/4 of a second then going on now and again? Im assuming its the autosave or something?

Demo was meh as expected. Gimmicky and predictable scares with mediocre shooting combat.
The only thing I really enjoyed was in the school when you came across the Educational Projector that had the audio out of sync with the picture, and the little 70's esque educational television episode you could watch on the TV.

The demo is ok, but a lot things are missing from the full game. All the old weapons are there and some new weapons including a flamethrower. Also the cloaking assassins are coming back too and hopefully appearing more often.

for those of you unconvinced by the scare-factor: try playing it at night, in complete darkness, with your headphones on. you won't be disappointed.

the demo was pretty much what expected: a more polished version of the first FEAR. nothing too extraordinary or groundbreaking but if you enjoyed the original as i did, i'm sure #2 will not disappoint

for those of you unconvinced by the scare-factor: try playing it at night, in complete darkness, with your headphones on. you won't be disappointed.

Yeah did that and wasn't impressed in the slightest. The problem is the complete and utter lack of any fear about dying. No matter what calibre of FPS player you are you'll walk through the horror bits even on the highest of difficulty (no enemies shooting back at you just stupid ghost things flying around). It's annoying, not scary.

I'm downloading this shit now. Never played any FEAR before.

Demo was OK. Someone spoiled one of the scares for me (only I didn't know when will it occur; the one with turning around), but I still had a wave of heat run through my body when it happened. Damn. Also the "grabbing" moment made me jump slightly.

Cons: Blood. The blood from gunshots is too cartoony, colour needs to be much less vibrant in my opinion.

This. I don't understand how Wanted Bob considers this a "better" blood. Why the hell is it bright red and in such quantities ie. exceptionally big splatters. I thought of the original Sin for some reason. Also, why does shooting the replicants (or whatever the name is) in the head not kill them instantly? I think they even can get shot twice in the head and still live, though I'm not sure.

It's nice to see a wider color palette, but in the movie at the end of the demo with gameplay bits, the game almost looked cartoony and the blur didn't help.

WOW. They really improved this game from the original. The engine runs and feels so much smoother than in the last game. All of the graphical improvements are gorgeous, and I had not one bit of lag through the entire demo, with all settings maxed out. The varied environments were immediately noticeable and appreciated, but the original tense situations have been brought back. I was genuinely frightened throughout most of the demo, and thoroughly enthralled at how pretty the effects were.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing this game next month.

Bah, its annoying that the game seemed alright, seemingly locked at 30 fps or something then they have the closing video and its all '100000 fps' and I'm like "..."

The demo is freakin kickass, but does anyone ever play Combat? I got it last night and no one was on at all

Its true. If you play a "horror" game to be scared you'll probably be let down. I just play games, I don't give a shit what genre its in. No let downs ftw.

Well, I played Dead Space to be scared and I ended up turning that shit in after getting a quarter of the way through it.

The demo is freakin kickass, but does anyone ever play Combat? I got it last night and no one was on at all

Are you serious? I play it on a daily basis, and there are always 5 to 10 servers available. They are all either DM, Team DM and a few CTF, the other game modes don't have any servers.

That's weird, there weren't any servers when I was trying to play. I'll try it again next time I get on

Know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm not a fan of the new colorful atmosphere. I like the old grayish palatte that engulfed the original for one main reason: effect. It gave the game such a grittier/darker atmosphere (which also looked much clearer and clean-cut the now.) Blood stuck out, as did Alma, as did shadows, as did the replica, etc.

I would have been much more happy with: 1. No HUD that ****ing unrealistically GRAW's the shit out of opponents (I think this is ab****ingsurd in today's gaming.) 2. No defaulted motion-blur.. that's going to really blow for 360 players 3. Alma not looking as cartoony as she did in the intro. 4. Bad-ass real-time intro like the first (which to this day is my favorite of any game I've ever played *excludes HL2 of course). 5. "Point Man" kicks like a pussy now and what the hell happened to slide-kicking?

Edit: Just realized you don't PLAY the "Point Man" in Project Origin, actually some new dude named Sergeant Michael Becket. Who kicks like a pussy and apparently skipped that day of Army class when his class learned slide-kicking.

Wait wait wait woa woa woah. Slide kicking was removed? No, freaking, way. What about jump kicking? if thats gone as well then I'm not even going to bother with this game.

Wait wait wait woa woa woah. Slide kicking was removed? No, freaking, way. What about jump kicking? if thats gone as well then I'm not even going to bother with this game.

Yes and no. No slide-kicking. Yes, guy jumps and kicks still, but like some gay soccer player.

Slide kicking is there, look at the controls. Sprint then melee, and he slides. Maybe not...kicks but definitely slides and takes out guys in one hit.

Jump kicks too.

And they intergrated the HUD bowl and GRAW effect because its the future of warfare. You watch.
They made that chunky rifle, or atleast I think they did, back in the day that detected multiple targets and showed on a screen if they were hostile or not and if they were armed or not.

Cant remember it's name though. Look at some of the prototypes being developed for infantry armour. Its insane. War is becoming a videogame.

Was ok. The part in the cinema made me yell out but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed somehow.. I know it's only the demo so I won't give up all hope just yet.
I noticed a few FPS issues such as the game stuttering every now and then. That didn't bother me too much but just where you can go in the mech machine everything just froze. I couldn't access me PS3 menu or do anything while the music kept repeating itself. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Getting a bit paranoid if it's something to do with my PS3.. Has happened 3 times now. Once in PS3 HOME, while surfing the net and now on this demo. Is it normal for this to happen every now and again? =/

I started it up...realized how crap I am at the game and that's that....lol. I'll probably jump on it now and then, so if you see me start it up, hit me up.

Slide kicking is there, look at the controls. Sprint then melee, and he slides. Maybe not...kicks but definitely slides and takes out guys in one hit.

Er.. they changed dem controls on me. I guess you're right, I was still using the old default (right mouse+c) to no outcome.

**** i thought it was going to be cheaper on steam, atleast a discount :( Now i have to choose between this or a 640gb hard drive. I dont want to pirate this one, it deserves my money. WHAT SHOULD I BUY??!?!!!? *universe implodes*

**** i thought it was going to be cheaper on steam, atleast a discount :( Now i have to choose between this or a 640gb hard drive. I dont want to pirate this one, it deserves my money. WHAT SHOULD I BUY??!?!!!? *universe implodes*

Buy retail. Everywhere in the UK are selling this at ?24.99 online and stores. Only Steam is charging ?35.99 so it'll be the same in Sweden. You could also get the limited edition which includes original Fear cheaper than the Steam version. And since the retail version must be activated on Syeam you'll get all the Steam benefits, stay well clear of buying off Steam if your outside the US.

problem is that i live in italy atm, and they will probably do what they did with the first FEAR, Italian ONLY :(

They made that chunky rifle, or atleast I think they did, back in the day that detected multiple targets and showed on a screen if they were hostile or not and if they were armed or not.

Cant remember it's name though. Look at some of the prototypes being developed for infantry armour. Its insane. War is becoming a videogame.

OICW? Sounds like it at least. It ended up being way too costly from what I remember hearing.

OICW? Sounds like it at least. It ended up being way too costly from what I remember hearing.

Yeah it was too expensive and bulky/heavy. However in terms of technology and raw firepower, it was superior to standard assault rifles.
It could fire programmable airburst grenades, had a multifunctional scope and an on board computer for long range targeting.

The first was a pretty meh game tbh.

I'm kind of awed at how many people said it was scary - Really?

Back