Foxnews: Lock up your childrens BulletStorm is gonna rape your soul with RAPE

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
“The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in video games,”

rapey rape!!!

Parents had better beware: There's a Bulletstorm on the horizon.

In the new video game Bulletstorm due February 22, players are rewarded for shooting enemies in the private parts (such as the buttocks). There’s an excess of profanity, of course, including frequent use of F-words. And Bulletstorm is particularly gruesome, with body parts that explode all over the screen.

But that's not the worst part.

The in-game awards system, called Skill Shots, ties the ugly, graphic violence into explicit sex acts: "topless" means cutting a player in half, while a "gang bang" means killing multiple enemies. And with kids as young as 9 playing such games, the experts FoxNews.com spoke with were nearly universally worried that video game violence may be reaching a fever pitch.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/08/bulletstorm-worst-game-kids/#ixzz1DPEcsETo

the so called foxnews "experts made the association that the rise in rape is due to video games

Carol Lieberman, a psychologist and book author, told FoxNews.com that sexual situations and acts in video games -- highlighted so well in Bulletstorm -- have led to real-world sexual violence.

“The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in video games,” she said.

Makes absolute perfect sense. I'm glad we have the intelligent people at Fox News to put it all together for us, no effort required!

Fox news is serious or whatever.

On the topic of Bulletstorm, the further it's release approaches the less interest I have. With my gaming budget thinning due to costs of being financially independent (and having played the demo) it seems gimmicky almost like The Club or something.

The humor seems infantile and bland. My money is better spent on games I'd get more play hours out of (Brink, Shogun 2: Total War, Duke Forever, etc) while Bulletstorm seems almost like a heavily linear (very much a People Can Fly game, I can see the resemblance to Painkiller) sports-game style shooter where time-trials are the primary appeal. I'll pick it up on the first price drop, most likely.

Unless the multiplayer receives attention and praise (competitive MP, if it even has this) and the game is mod-capable on PC, I'm not interested at all.

I become more convinced by the day that Murdoch is just sitting laughing to himself going "Trololololol" the whole time.

He probably points to things that he wants destroyed, and pays someone to laugh for him.

as cliche as it may sound I completly stopped watching FoxNews after they hated on the Mass Effect1 sex scene.

Fox Breaking News:

Dragon Age 2 CGI trailer believed to be the primary influence for the increase in adolescences cutting themselves in hopes of making fiery arms come out to rip your opponents in half.

Bill O'Reilly: "You far left pinheads are bringing about the self-destruction of humanity"

Fox News: Fair, balanced and well informed.

A part of me thinks that Fox is being paid to run these stories for mere advertising doillars.

Ever since I first played Bubble Bobble I've been a seething cauldron of rape.

Whenever I hear about an article from Fox News that's related to video gaming, I immediately prepare for stupidity and ignorance.

WELL, WHAT HAVE WE HERE

Foxnews: BREAKING: 9 year olds play M rated games. Ban the M rated games.

Foxnews: BREAKING: 9 year olds play M rated games. Ban the M rated games.

If only Fox News thought this way, it wouldn't be a problem, but the thing is people in power think exactly like this. That's why there's so much censorship in some countries when it comes to games.

Oh the humanity! Won't somebody think of the kids as young as 9 years old? The video game companies clearly can't do it, is there nobody else we can trust these children as young as 9 years old to?

I wish there was a game called "Hugs" where you have the same environment as in GTA 4 but instead of killing people you just approach them and engage in a long, poignant hug. Cars would be replaced with pretty horsies and the police only chase you if your hugs aren't up to par.

Haha, "We found a guy with a degree who was willing to say there's a link between video games and rape, so that's pretty conclusive." From the same people who can't see the correlation between gun violence and poor gun control.

I wish there was a game called "Hugs" where you have the same environment as in GTA 4 but instead of killing people you just approach them and engage in a long, poignant hug. Cars would be replaced with pretty horsies and the police only chase you if your hugs aren't up to par.

And right after it's release, a mod would be made that replaces everyone with half naked women. So yeah... "hugs".

And right after it's release, a mod would be made that replaces everyone with half naked women. So yeah... "hugs".

Hey, that's just sick Remus. It's people like you who prevent real video games from being made with your need for sex and violence.

as cliche as it may sound I completly stopped watching FoxNews after they hated on the Mass Effect1 sex scene.
I'm surprised you lasted that long.
Fox news was retarded to begin with. Retarded at best.

It'll probably be banned here anyway.

2cxswtc.jpg

I played Super mario Bros. That means I am going to go on a interstate raping spree

If CliffyB/Dude Huge came out and said that he had orchestrated this thing to gain more publicity, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not putting it past Fox News to come up with this all on their own either.

No one intellectual person listens to fox news either or, I mean in a tea party interview guy every tea partier said Fox news was the one they need to listen too, but when asked questions deep about health care bill none of them new anything about it, Fox news hjas such a bad reputation that it isn't surprising that they might be being paid to have these articles

If CliffyB/Dude Huge came out and said that he had orchestrated this thing to gain more publicity, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not putting it past Fox News to come up with this all on their own either.

Yeah I can see why he would want to associate his game with rape. Truly a marketing genius.

Anyone who believes the rape-simulator angle probably wouldn't buy the game anyway. Meanwhile this article is making it's rounds on almost every game site out there.

I don't really think this was intentional, even though EA has trumped up controversy before, I just think a game like Bulletstorm has more to gain from this attention than lose.

Pfft, video games affecting people. I remember when Pacman was cool and you don't see people moving about in bright neon rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive...

FUUUUUUUUUU....

Yeah I can see why he would want to associate his game with rape. Truly a marketing genius.

from the questionares foxnews sent out to a pool of potential experts to use in their article it's clear they were looking for knee jerk responses

Wired takes on psychiatrist who made the claim that video games lead to increase in rape

“I don’t know where [Lieberman] would get any evidence for this opinion,” said Iowa State University professor Douglas A. Gentile, who studies the relationship between media and violence. “There’s really very little to substantiate her claims in research literature.”

In a phone interview with Wired.com, Lieberman claimed “countless studies” show a connection between videogames and violence. Yet she would not name any of those studies and could not name a single relevant videogame, though she did reference “that game where … it took place in an academy.” (We think she was talking about Bully, Rockstar Games’ controversial satire about a “troublesome schoolboy.”)

“There are thousands of studies,” Lieberman said. “I’d have to look through them or recent ones as far as finding one that specifically speaks about rape, and I don’t have the time to do that right now.”

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/02/rape-videogames-carole-lieberman

it's apparent she's more interested in furthering her career than having integrity as a healthcare professional

Pfft, video games affecting people. I remember when Pacman was cool and you don't see people moving about in bright neon rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive...

FUUUUUUUUUU....
The best.

from the questionares foxnews sent out to a pool of potential experts to use in their article it's clear they were looking for knee jerk responses

I don't understand how this is a response to what I said.

Especially since the two articles I linked basically say the same thing.

I was adding to your sarcastic post (implying that it was crazy to think cliffyb had orchestrated this) to Mr.djees by pointing out that foxnews sent out questionaires; it had nothing to do with cliffyb

Back