Franchises you'd like to see successfully rebooted.

agreed. Final Fantasy 8 and 9 switch off as my favorite FF/jRPG games of all time. I'd love to see it. But It won't happen anytime soon - it'd make more sense/money to do FF7 with Advent Children style graphics, and that has yet to be done.

Instead they're sticking to their pseudo sci-fi looking universes and objectively outdated and boring gameplay. Stay classy, SquareEnix.

Hell yes! I'd love to see this and shamelessly play it on a console... might make me get a WiiHD even.

FF8? Really? That was the worst modern Final Fantasy. I'd even put 10-2 above it. Forgettable story... clunky combat... frustrating "draw" system... ****ing TESTS to adequately gain money... summons ruined by "boosting." Really I don't know why people thought it was good except that it looked really nice for being on the original Playstation. Nine was a whole different story though... I really enjoyed it.

I'd love to see a new road rash game or a road rash remake.

I'd love to see a new road rash game or a road rash remake.

Oh **** yes, this! Forever this.

There was actually a sequel in development for the current-generation consoles but it got cancelled before getting far in development sadly.

Honestly, I think this is a franchise that could get a lot of sales if they revived it seeing as there is currently no other series quite like it.

Oh **** yes, this! Forever this.

There was actually a sequel in development for the current-generation consoles but it got cancelled before getting far in development sadly.

Honestly, I think this is a franchise that could get a lot of sales if they revived it seeing as there is currently no other series quite like it.
Yeah, seconding this. Road Rash on the N64 was such a unique experience, no other game has ever captured its motorbike combat. It could be made absolutely excellent in this generation or the next.

Has anyone ever heard of a PS2 title called, "Haven:Call of the King"?:

Haven-Call-of-the-King-PS2game-GamerXpot-1.jpg

The interplanetary travel in that game was something that was unheard of back in the day. (and still is tbh)

It wasn't like Mass Effect where you just "point and clicked" on a system and planet you wanted to travel and you were magically whisked to the surface, you actually traveled to the surface of a planet manually, and though you couldn't land anywhere you wanted, you could fly just about anywhere on a planet's surface. The first time I passed through a planet's atmosphere and could literally feel the drag and everything, I was awe struck. I was like, "holy shit! The PS2 can actually do this?!" That game was released 10 years ago. Now imagine this with modern day graphics and computing power. :O

The rest of the game was literally a mismash of different genres, so it didn't really do anyone one thing particularly well, but since it's space travel was so f**king awesome, and the original was left with a cliffhanger ending, this one deserves a reboot. A genuine cult classic.

It wasn't like Mass Effect where you just "point and clicked" on a system and planet you wanted to travel and you were magically whisked to the surface, you actually traveled to the surface of a planet manually, and though you couldn't land anywhere you wanted, you could fly just about anywhere on a planet's surface. The first time I passed through a planet's atmosphere and could literally feel the drag and everything, I was awe struck. I was like, "holy shit! The PS2 can actually do this?!" That game was released 10 years ago. Now imagine this with modern day graphics and computing power. :O

That's not unheard of, I direct you to look up Frontier: Elite 2 from 1993, it had a gigantic universe and fully seamless transport inside the solar system, you could land on any planet anywhere you want, it even had fully realistic proper orbits for all bodies in the system.

http://pioneerspacesim.net/

That game I link there is pretty much a more modern freeware 'remake' of the title, quite impressive for a tiny non-budget team.

http://youtu.be/z-SrAMFvOLE

Yes, Battletoads could stand for a Bionic Commando: Rearmed treatment.

Back