Gabe Newell reveals E3 Surprise

That's when the nukes start flying, right?

According to Doug, the strategic bomber wings have been reassigned to Alaska due to the lack of Xen activity so yeah I'm guessing there may be nukes by the end of the game

I like that whenever I decide to pop into good ol' Halflife2.net it has once again re-invented "the worst thread".

because this is it.

its the worst one

Was bored. Didn't put much thought into it. Enjoy.

Fatter than a bullsquid
Terrifying wheezing
Enraged and full of cupcakes
He's half ogre and half swamp thing

Rides the Hoveround
Breathing hard and sighs
Closing in with blood sugar soaring high

He is the Dreamkiller
This is the Dreamkiller

Gamers devastated
Fanboys crying and twitching
A savior comes from out the caves
In answer to their bitching

Through rehashes of Left 4 Dead
Adding hats with zeal
Half-Life's going under you ****heads

He is the Dreamkiller
This is the Dreamkiller

Fatter than an obese bullsquid
Louder than a soccer mom
Chromium plated boiling crockpot
Eating a thousand firstborn sons

Running low on patience
Fanboys rant and rave
Episode 3 speculation
It's been brought back from the grave

With hype resurrected
Forever to persist
Returns from private meeting to the mists

He is the Dreamkiller
This is the Dreamkiller
Rolls of fat Dreamkiller
Frequent meals Dreamkiller

He is the Dreamkiller
This is the Dreamkiller

Dream, Dream, Killer, Killer

Can't stop the Dreamkiller

read that as a rap in my head and now I kind of feel like recording one this might be the best thread now???

**** I've played that song about 200000 times in rockband how did I not recognize this gonna go kill myself brb

kill yourself for not recognizing the glory of Rob Halford's homosexuality resonating through his heav ymetal screams

TBH I have completely lost interest in HL, so I'd rather have L4D3 than HL2 Ep3 or whatever.

Are you trolling?

If not then; Why are you on Halflife2.net?

Are you trolling?

If not then; Why are you on Halflife2.net?

For once I'm quite serious, and the only reason I stick around is the off topic forums. I haven't browsed or posted in the hl2 section in years. :LOL:

...Rabble...

Tbh, I too was quite bored with Episode 2. I felt like I already knew what was coming, and it was boring. Before I got episode 1 I was hyped for it because I didn't have a medium to play it, but when I finally got a good computer I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I hope ep3 hits from left field, because it all feels like the same recycled gameplay to me.

I like that whenever I decide to pop into good ol' Halflife2.net it has once again re-invented "the worst thread".

because this is it.

its the worst one

I think HL2.net is allowed to go apeshit about things gabe says

ITT anybody who does not share my views must be trolling.

edit: I AM NO LONGER INFRACTED?!

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. If you're implying that the joke Gabe made was unworthy of the amount of praise and attention it got, then you should really have a problem with about 80% of the threads on HL2.net.

I don't know what's going on... I mean people with thousands of posts on a Half Life 2 forum... are posting in said forum... about how much they don't like Half Life 2....

Is that not strange to anyone else? Is it satire or am I in the Twilight Zone?

I don't know what's going on... I mean people with thousands of posts on a Half Life 2 forum... are posting in said forum... about how much they don't like Half Life 2....

Not really. I myself love Half life 2 but don't really like the episodes. I think that Episode 2 in particular was pretty poor.

If you're going to hate on the episodes, hate on One. Two was much better than One.

Half-Life 2 fans are pathetic, little children. Especially the guys over at Steam forums. Original Half-Life fans, for the win. :smoking:

Just look at the Bioshock section, and see how they are like "OMG this is the best game ever, great storytelling, and great characters!".

Being on this forum shouldn't mean you praise everything Gabe and Valve does as God himself. I'm sorry if I've lost quite a bit of faith in Valve and co., but a game that should have been done in a year or two is taking much too long. In the meantime, they release L4D2 and practically re-release their other games on mac.

I just want my episode 3 god darmit.

You're not seeing the overview bro. Consistant quality + opening up an entirely new market + endless TF2 updates = i hate valve they suck

what?

L4D1+2 were not the apex of the vortex of quality + Mac gaming may be a new market, but it's not MY market, so I don't care + I actually quit TF2 because of all the updates. I don't want hats, I don't want crafting, and I don't want class updates.

I just want Ep3.

3c3kr.png

I agree, about Episode 2, it's a clear cut winner compared with Episode 1. In many respects, it's a great deal better than HL2.

Half-Life 2 fans are pathetic, little children. Especially the guys over at Steam forums. Original Half-Life fans, for the win. :smoking:

Just look at the Bioshock section, and see how they are like "OMG this is the best game ever, great storytelling, and great characters!".

Almost all of your posts make me laugh, but never for the reason you intend.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. If you're implying that the joke Gabe made was unworthy of the amount of praise and attention it got, then you should really have a problem with about 80% of the threads on HL2.net.

because this is it.

its the worst one

you have no idea

damn krynn burn me again

it will make this thread better

Aw snap, you just burned me by implying that I made the joke in a failed attempt to make the thread better. DAYUM I guess I'll just leave it to you to make this thread the spectacular work of art that all the threads that you participate in become.

1266373832259.jpg

I agree, about Episode 2, it's a clear cut winner compared with Episode 1.
Yes, Ep. 1 was a little boring. At least in Ep. 2 we got kinda-fun new enemies. Also, I think the whole Orange Box cost me the same amount as Ep. 1, so in terms of value Ep. 2 was totally more worth it.

But,
more Sheepo said:
In many respects, it's a great deal better than HL2.

What... how?

Back