Gabe Newell reveals E3 Surprise

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
ZOMG

IyLm3.png

haha gabe's awesome

Haha, that's great. Leave it to the great minds to come up with great jokes and responses.

You go Gabe.

Release the headcrabs!

TBH I have completely lost interest in HL, so I'd rather have L4D3 than HL2 Ep3 or whatever.

Leave it to the great minds to come up with great jokes and responses.

Yeah while he was coming up with that joke he should have been working on ep3 DAMNIT GABE STOP SLACKING

Will the Left 4 Dead 1 survivors make another appearance? :bounce:

Further proof that Valve fans eat up everything.

>game company executive makes a mildly funny joke
>game company fans think the joke is pretty funny
>holy shit, gay fanboys are gay

There is a game in the works called The Incident, which is in the same vein as Left4Dead, which unlike the first two games will take place in the Half Life universe. It will take place Around the West of US/Canada before and during the 7 hours war. You are constantly given sporadic reports that these attacks are focused in the southern states and hardly anything in the North. So the aim of the game is to head North through Canada and into Alaska whereby one of the characters can link up with military forces currently stationed there.

You play the role of either a soldier, who is the only survivor of his platoon after the battle of Kingsgate, a police officer who was originally trying to get to his sisters house across from Seattle on Mercer Island, a civil engineer, who was working on the highway 202 and a Nightclub owner.

Its not known at what time period the 7 Hours War starts after Nihilanth's death, though combine forces first appear in the chapter whereby the fighting is focused around Vancouver. It is not just about shooting enemy after enemy, as there will be times where you have to protect refugees, rescue injured people from buildings and rubble and provide intel on enemy positions. Also there is one moment where one of the players act as human bait to lure a Gargantua into the LoS of a Abram tank. The final chapter takes place in Anchorage.

That's when the nukes start flying, right?

Not everyone has a sense of humor about HL2. But I think everyone agrees that Gabe Newell is probably one of the greatest game developers ever (if not THE greatest?)

He would be if he released any games.

Gabe doesn't release games, he releases deadly neurotoxins.

Further proof that Valve fans eat up everything.

I know, like, I looked at the post and though "heh i get it" but then scroll down and it's, like.

Wow.

How does Gabe's ass taste?

Back