Halflife2.net Minecraft Server Discussion

I'm having connection issues. I was mining in a cave and the game crashed on me. I lost 16 obsidian, 2 diamonds, 48 mossy-coblestone, 2 saddles, 53 iron, and 200 coal. Getting that replaced would be nice.

Then I got back on and I was standing on my home point. less than 2 min latter my connection timed out.

So are you guys having fun on the server?

I'm having a blast! I haven't been on in a day or two because of end-of-semester finals. I have several mines I'm exploring, a nice little pond for a nice fishing cabin spotted, and my spire city is going well.

I did have a crash a few days ago that caused me to lose some important stuff (Post quoted below).

These threads have been pretty quite the past few days... I've had to go to other places on the internet to waste time.

I'm having connection issues. I was mining in a cave and the game crashed on me. I lost 16 obsidian, 2 diamonds, 48 mossy-coblestone, 2 saddles, 53 iron, and 200 coal. Getting that replaced would be nice.

Then I got back on and I was standing on my home point. less than 2 min latter my connection timed out.

So, just about everyone who has joined on the server so far has asked where it's permissible to build, and I've said pretty much anywhere, as long as it's not directly by or around the spawn.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that someone had built a tower (out of sand no less) right next to the spawn area. A tower that reached as high as it was possible to go. Newbie mistake, or someone taking the piss? I don't know, but their tower met with a little accident.

Speaking of accidents, there also appeared to be a lot of wood placed very close to the pirate ship at the spawn, and which was burning away merrily. If someone is trying to grief like that, I'm just going to lock down a big-ass radius around the spawn point and remove the access of whoever was responsible.

Minecraft: The Wrath of Pi

Also, someone appears to have built the tower of Isengard near my place.

I spam signs around my projects. I imagine it must look really dickish but its really the only way to preserve sites for development.

It also looks like someone tried to build a huge wood building near my place. Somehow it was set on fire and not looks really ugly. It be nice if the owner would clean it up.

Do we have a new map render?

I finally got a new monitor, so now I can get my minecraft on again. I just need to be whitelisted, name is JesusToast

Minecraft: The Wrath of Pi

Also, someone appears to have built the tower of Isengard near my place.

That would be mine.

Also Pi, hehe, guilty. Sorry about that, was my first go on the server (and on the game). Please don't hate me. =[
(For clarity, It was before I asked you where I could build, which is why my Isengard tower is very far away)

That would be mine.

Also Pi, hehe, guilty. Sorry about that, was my first go on the server (and on the game). Please don't hate me. =[
(For clarity, It was before I asked you where I could build, which is why my Isengard tower is very far away)

Ahh, well you're welcome anytime, I've got the tower on the mountain with a waterfall for a balcony.

My tower goes all the way into the bottom of the map, it took forever to hollow out :p

You should appreciate what I've done then. My tower is just a cap on a 10x10 pit that goes to bedrock.

Oh, and I've finished my public use tree farm. Just type "/warp trees" to get there. Just please re-plant the saplings.

Yeah? Well, I've got a pirate ship. And a wooden horse. And a subway. So ner.

So, I found this awesome subway system near my place and I went for a ride. Whoever built it deserves a medal.

But I'm also curious how we will avoid projects like this from running into someone else's project. For instance. I haven't started building underground at my site yet but big underground projects like the subway could mess with people's individual projects.

TL;DR Eminent domain and public vs private property rights.

We currently have two subway systems. Mine, that goes directly north and south from the spawn building, and Milly's which goes to other places. I linked mine to his via an additional platform. I'd guess that your place is above one of his lines.

I don't know - would people be particularly annoyed to have a subway under their place?

I'd love it, climbing over mountains to get home when I die is annoying as hell.

Pro-tip: Type /sethome in chat to use the /home command and warp there.

We currently have two subway systems. Mine, that goes directly north and south from the spawn building, and Milly's which goes to other places. I linked mine to his via an additional platform. I'd guess that your place is above one of his lines.

I don't know - would people be particularly annoyed to have a subway under their place?

My place isn't directly over it but one of my underground projects might intersect in the future.

I would offer up a rule. When building something like a subway (any project that covers large areas) should be drawn out on a map rendering so people can see where it will run. That way we can aviod digging into it and so that the subway (project) can avoid other people's areas (unless they want a station in their basement.)

So, one of you ****ers has been griefing - someone deliberately damaged MillyBays' place sometime yesterday. I know it was deliberate, because not only did the perpetrator destroy a bunch of blocks, but they also added a water source block to flood the area.
I'm definitely not going to tolerate it - if I find out who it is, I'll ban them from both the server and the forums, and I'll be keeping a close eye from now on.

cant you see the activity of users loged recently and see if some of them destroyed blocks on certain places?

Sadly not, no.

However, I do know who I've given water blocks to recently.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it was one of the water block people. Buckets do work now.

So, one of you ****ers has been griefing - someone deliberately damaged MillyBays' place sometime yesterday. I know it was deliberate, because not only did the perpetrator destroy a bunch of blocks, but they also added a water source block to flood the area.
I'm definitely not going to tolerate it - if I find out who it is, I'll ban them from both the server and the forums, and I'll be keeping a close eye from now on.

Do you mean Milly's subway area? I was on a lot yesterday and visited his place a few times to take a subway ride. I didn't see anything so if must have been after I logged off.

That's something that needs to go to the vote.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it was one of the water block people. Buckets do work now.

I didn't know buckets were fixed. I wouldn't have asked for water had I known this before.

That's something that needs to go to the vote.

I'd be okay with it. It'd make things harder (and falling would hurt a lot more). But I could handle it. We could start with putting it on easy for a few days and see how that goes. We should also give people a warning so they can light up their areas and put doors on their buildings.

I would love a server that ended up being littered with forts and stronghold, massive gardens and mining networks to supply the players that operate inside them.

Millybay's place is the one with all the obsidian right? I went there just now and someone has taken a big chunk out of the side and dumped his obsidian blocks in weird places. I also went down into his pit and got rid of the flooding, but I left that waterfall on the side because it looks like he's using that to a source of lava.

I think someone has also been digging around in the mine near my house. I don't really care but it would be nice if people asked first.

Oh and I'm all for enabling monsters.

Millybay's place is the one with all the obsidian right? I went there just now and someone has taken a big chunk out of the side and dumped his obsidian blocks in weird places. I also went down into his pit and got rid of the flooding, but I left that waterfall on the side because it looks like he's using that to a source of lava.

The water in the bottom was intentional. We aren't sure who the grieffer is. I'm Mily's neighbor and I haven't see anything. Its a relatively small grief but its uncomfortable to think that someone is messing with the creations of others.

especially because I'm right next to the project thats getting grieffed.

The water in the bottom was intentional. We aren't sure who the grieffer is. I'm Mily's neighbor and I haven't see anything. Its a relatively small grief but its uncomfortable to think that someone is messing with the creations of others.

especially because I'm right next to the project thats getting grieffed.

Oh whoops, my bad.

Back