hl2.net "What did you get for christmas?" thread

How do you like the headphones? I still can't believe how good the bass is on my Sennheiser HD201's.
I'm not completely sure what to think yet, only listening to them on my MP3 player right now, but my god they are comfortable. Wearing them with glasses on for an hour now and my ears don't hurt a bit. The sound quality I'm unsure of, it sounds too full to me, but I've noticed that my music sounds much more nuanced and precise. I'm hearing things I've never heard before in the songs I love. I'm sure that's a good sign.

A lot of reviews on the internet say these are worse than the 201s, but they sound fine to me. The bass is great, too.

The bass in my 555s is ridiculous. Sometimes I have to equalize the bass levels down, lol.

assassins-creed-2-box-cover-ps3-260x300.jpg

848.jpeg

516NR3KWgcL.jpg

... and a hell of a lot of gift cards

I used my money I got from xmas and gift cards to put towards this, it's like a $1200 guitar I found in mint condition at my local music store for $500.. 2 weeks I get my next paycheck which will be enough to pay it off... I can't wait.. I just stare at this picture all day..

2136.jpg

:3

Call me crazy, but is that one of those automatic robot guitars, Dog--?

EDIT:

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

I got socks, with Christmas decorations on them. Seriously. I'll probably wear them inside my boots and maybe in the middle of the summer so people can point and laugh at me.

Also, I got a can of popcorn, box of chocolates, clothes, more clothes, and gloves.

And last week I got to hang out with one of my friends who I haven't seen in 7 months, and today I talked on the phone with another friend who I haven't seen in over a year. It was nice.

These things literally go past my knees.

I got 3 pairs, too.

picture0002b.jpg

Dude those almost look like Red Heel Socks. You can make Sock Monkeys out of those if you color the heel red! I am totally jealous. I only got snowman socks.

Call me crazy, but is that one of those automatic robot guitars, Dog--?

EDIT:

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

No it's a reissue 60's Telecaster :)

Those robot guitars are so gay.

Finally I can agree to something with you, Dog.

Zune HD 16GB
46" Insignia 1080p 120Hz LCD w/ 4 HDMI, 2 Component, 1 VGA, 3 Composite
Glock 23 w/ holster
Winchester SXT Earmuffs
1 year subscription to Wired (thx baby)

oh and the new Super Mario Bros Wii which sucks

A CD box set containing all the works composed by good ole Ludwig Von. Also a music for the millions like box set containing over 100 hours of classical music. Plus a couple of useless gifts I won in a hilarious dice game.

alexdelarge1.jpg

Anyway, I got a new mountain bike, some gift cards, and, strangely, two pairs of flannel pajama pants.

So I spent some Xmas cash and got a Swiss Armor Laptop Case, a mouse and a newer HDMI cable

211545196.jpg

the rest I may just wait for more deals. FYE is closing and I can pick up some stuff on megasale

A Kindle. Will probably make a thread vaguely related to it later.

Was over at a friends house this Christmas, and they give out the best shit ever.

Got this:

P1030026.jpg

We hath christened him Sir Zyggy, and for lack of a better place to put a waist high knight statue he guards the bookshelf next to my bed.

I also got:

Assassin's Creed 2 White Edition
Big Bang Theory s1
Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer
necklace
Two free movie tickets
Hand drawn Kirk and Spock christmas card

Was over at a friends house this Christmas, and they give out the best shit ever.

Got this:

P1030026.jpg

We hath christened him Sir Zyggy, and for lack of a better place to put a waist high knight statue he guards the bookshelf next to my bed.

Holy crap, that's a cool gift. I want it. I would watch it endlessly for it to suddenly become animated in a really old fashioned stop-motion frame rate.

I'm not completely sure what to think yet, only listening to them on my MP3 player right now, but my god they are comfortable. Wearing them with glasses on for an hour now and my ears don't hurt a bit. The sound quality I'm unsure of, it sounds too full to me, but I've noticed that my music sounds much more nuanced and precise. I'm hearing things I've never heard before in the songs I love. I'm sure that's a good sign.

A lot of reviews on the internet say these are worse than the 201s, but they sound fine to me. The bass is great, too.

The bass in my 555s is ridiculous. Sometimes I have to equalize the bass levels down, lol.

for $17, I love the 201's; what a steal, but I noticed that I have to turn my amplifier up really high. I got all the way to half way before it was louder than I'd ever listen to it. (that's really high for a home theater system)

What I'm saying is that they have a lot of resistance, and so probably are only suited to home stereos and theater systems, not MP3 players and laptops. Haven't tried those yet though.

They're fine on my computer. When used on an iPod, yeah, there's a definite difference in output and the battery is drained like a mofo.

Apart from stationary and socks and things:

A digital camera
The Boys volume 4
The Wire complete series
And a wonderful scarf with my initials on it.

Back