hl2.net "What did you get for christmas?" thread

I am backed up quite a bit so I could get the whole things in the shot, they are actually huge.

Dude I got the EXACT same socks! They're truly enormous. Almost more like tights than socks.

^^^^SEEEEEE DARKSIED?!

EDIT: I actually just tried them on, they stop right below my knee.. They look as if they'd go further though, my bad.

Long socks rule, it's like having two ewoks wrapped around your shins

I used to wear those huge gray socks when I was a kid. They would slowly slip off during the day so basically they became normal height socks with five inches of sock flapping off the end of my legs.

Things I just got today:

Beatles Rock Band
Remastered White Album, Let it Be, Rubber Soul
Shit load of underwear/socks
Shirts

Awesome Christmas :D

10k MS points
A few button ups
A few T-Shirts
A bunch of giftcards
Me friend bought me some games with this awesome Steam sale going on
$128.97 from me poppa
New socks

That's about it.

I don't really care to receive anything anymore. It's not a big deal to me, but I'm glad I can make people happy by giving them something.

Headphones
Winter pants
Sweets and money
Port wine
Tea

Books:
Terry Pratchet - Nation
William Gibson - Burning Chrome
Bruce Sterling - Mirrorshades (cyberpunk short stories - one by Marc Laidlaw!)
Vladimir Sorokin - Oprichnik's Day

A CD box set containing all the works composed by good ole Ludwig Von. Also a music for the millions like box set containing over 100 hours of classical music. Plus a couple of useless gifts I won in a hilarious dice game.

These things literally go past my knees.

I got 3 pairs, too.

picture0002b.jpg

but...but if you arent a dog...

THEN WHO WAS DOG!?!?!?

Also got a tin of fresh, home-made cookies.

Nothing beats chocolate chip. IMO, other cookies should just never be made.

DVD writer
Signed framed Kate Beckinsale picture
Photo montage that my brother made for me
Wall-E 2 disk edition
Velvet Goldmine (that was from me)
Miss Congeniality
Bottle of Bols Cherry Brandy
purple fleece cardigan
2 long-sleeved T-shirts

Also seven Torchwood items:
Children of Earth boxset
Ianto action figure
Limited Edition Ianto stamp sheet hand signed by Gareth David-Lloyd
Wave four of the novels (Into the Silence, Bay of the Dead, The House That Jack Built)
Official magazine yearbook
2010 calendar
Series 2 cast poster

So, all in all, a VERY good haul this year! And this list isn't even including the stocking (well, bag) presents!

These things literally go past my knees.

I got 3 pairs, too.

picture0002b.jpg

Yo Dawg--, I heard you like stockings, so we put some stockings in your stocking, so you can where it while you wear it.

You best be jokin nigga

Sorry, I bought the video games, and the DVD. The only thing that I didn't spend my own $$$ on was the clothes. Apologies if I described it in an offensive way.

Edit: I'm probably not going to keep Dragon Age Origins. Is it a good game, my friends tell me its bad. I tried it out, and I don't really like it all that much.

Lol, that sucks. I pay $29 for car insurance. I did everything I possibly could to get the rate as low as possible. Well, to an extent. At a certain point, it's not worth saving $1 to lose $3,000 coverage. Not that I'll ever need it, because I'll never wreck.

cash, checks,and giftcards = $150
DVD 'the Hangover' =$20
one giant feast = free
time with the family...priceless

thats what i got for Xmas and I wouldn't have it any other way

Lol, that sucks. I pay $29 for car insurance. I did everything I possibly could to get the rate as low as possible. Well, to an extent. At a certain point, it's not worth saving $1 to lose $3,000 coverage. Not that I'll ever need it, because I'll never wreck.

hey man, you say that now, but you never know. hope you knocked on some wood ;-)

Moar presents:

Stop Making Sense (Talking Heads + Jonathan Demme) DVD
Paul Simon - Negotiations and Love Songs CD
Stephen King - Under the Dome Book

Monies - used to replaced my broken 8800GT with a 4890 about $200AUD
Various clothing items (shirts, shorts, etc)
Fudge (delicious)
Toiletry items (New fancy razor, deodorant, etc)

Haven't seen my grandparents yet or other family members who usually gift some small monies and or small items everyone's way.

As it turns out I got a bunch of trinkets, a 10-dollar Lego set, one of those "survival cards" that fit in your wallet (which are pretty cool), a picture frame, and a this t-shirt. The t-shirt is the best thing I got. The rifle scope has yet to be bought (rifle I bought should arrive early next week).

As it turns out I got a bunch of trinkets, a 10-dollar Lego set, one of those "survival cards" that fit in your wallet (which are pretty cool), a picture frame, and a this t-shirt. The t-shirt is the best thing I got. The rifle scope has yet to be bought (rifle I bought should arrive early next week).
Nice tshirt, though it could be easily argued that all three sites can fit in every category, especially with Facebook and ADHD. "I'm just gonna write on my friend's wall--ZOMG SOMEONE BEAT MY BEJEWELED BLITZ SCORE!"

Around $300, along with $50 in gift cards I will never use and am unable to redeem for cash. I got something close to a wolf-shirt (think lion shirt) and some other odd trinkets. Pretty decent haul.

cash, checks,and giftcards = $150
DVD 'the Hangover' =$20
one giant feast = free
time with the family...priceless

thats what i got for Xmas and I wouldn't have it any other way

Very Well Said.

Merry Christmas All!

I receved:

1) Small bag of organic dried Veggie chips.
2) Big jar of pickled hot okra.
3) Ostrich Jerky.
4) Warm leather slippers.
5) New Tent for camping.
6) 3 new Sleeping bags.
7) A very old two burner Colman Stove my step-dad gave me that is about 25 years old. That stove has a lot of memories around it from when I was younger & went camping with my mom & Step-dad. I cooked on it many a time when I was young & then my daughter started cooking on it 2 years ago. I was stoked to get it.
8) Borders Book Store Gift Card.
9) A bunch of small stocking stuffer stuff. Like Tooth paste & Deodorant.
10) New Sony Optiarc DVD Burner for my PC.

Tomorrow we go over to the Inlaws for Christmas.

-MRG

I got:

$50
Underpants.

Oh and a 32inch Plasma Widescreen for my bedroom

-Wireless Xbox Live headset
-Xbox live 12 month membership
-MLB 2K9 (for the moment, the controls are ****ing annoying)
-Cologne and aftershave
-Clothes

I was kind of disapointed, I wanted Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360, and a certain Blu-ray.

I'm an agnostic Jew but I still managed to get some great gifts! I got some money from relatives and a lovely break from classes, what more could I ask for?

Star Trek TOS Complete series on Blu-ray, courtesy of my rich sister
Assorted clothes(hats, shirts, and shorts) from my other sister, brother, and my parents back home.
$100 from my grandmother along with a bucket of her world famous Puppy Chow that she makes for me and my brother every year.

I went to my fiance's grand parent's house for a Christmas feast and met her cousins, aunt, and uncle.
Stuffed to the point of still being full in the morning.

Overall I had a great Christmas.

And now I'm going to bed for the rest of the day.

Man I love Puppy Chow, good on you. I had to google what Star Trek: TOS was, "the original series", go figure. I love that feeling of being completely stuffed on the holidays, so kudos on that as well.

My brother bought my cousins Wii Sports resort and we spent literally the entire day playing that.

It was a ton of fun.

A lot of books. A Brief History of Time Illustrated, lots of classical poetry...Random ones from other cultures.

New camera.

Reindeer socks.

Lots of penguin related stuff.

I do love teh penguins.

Yes, it will look good sitting on my coffee table and puts up a facade of intellect.

When really I'm too bloody stupid to understand the original without all the pretty pictures and need somebody to label it all for me.

Being 24, nobody but the GF buys me anything, so I got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt *none of this new age TMNT shit, I got old school Turtles!*, socks and a multi-size ratchet set. mmmm.

My relatives have vicariously purchased me a pair of Sennheiser HD437 headphones (on sale), a 550w dual-12v rail power supply (on sale), and a new computer case (also on sale). I might return the PSU if my computer ends up working as-is. Either way, my computer is going to work by Monday.

Back