How to augment your body [do it yourself]

samusaran253

Reaction score
It's a girl talking about augmenting her body without being rich. She has augmented her body using implants, and she isn't rich, she's trying to teach people how to "bio-hack" themselves and augment themselves without being rich or a scientist. It's really interesting and I recommend checking it out if your interested in this sort of thing. I must warn you though, if you decide to do this, please be careful, it can be extremely dangerous.

Awesome. Thanks for this. Crazy lady is awesome and crazy.

LOL she's like a real life Abby from NCIS, except less attractive.

So, it's extremely dangerous, low tech, and provides negligible satisfaction. Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll wait a few more decades until professionals are willing to do this.

A very interesting presentation and concept. But yeah for this to be considerable it would have to be done professionally, and of course: be of some goddamn use.

I've watched the first video and she talks a lot, but doesn't really say much about what exactly she has done to herself, apart from implanting some identification device in her right hand. She's saying how everything revolves around stimulating nerves with electrical currents, how implanting is painful and how it may be dangerous and illegal (and repeats this a few times), but doesn't show examples.

On to the second video...

Really interesting video, she's quite a character. I wonder if her surgeries involve working with nerve endings to some kind of leads on the device or if she just plops something on a bundle of nerves and sews it up.
I have to say I have a lot of respect for this chick. She realizes the benefits are somewhat futile at this point but I think she's more than happy to be the guinea pig in hopes somebody will take it further.

I've watched the first video and she talks a lot, but doesn't really say much about what exactly she has done to herself, apart from implanting some identification device in her right hand. She's saying how everything revolves around stimulating nerves with electrical currents, how implanting is painful and how it may be dangerous and illegal (and repeats this a few times), but doesn't show examples.

On to the second video...

I had something like that done the other day. It made my arm go into seizures and then paralyzed/numb for 3 days, was interesting.

You had an ID device implanted into you? Why? If you don't mind me asking.

Something tells me she's into S&M.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old, read about this chick last year and yes, she's real.

Still, it's not just terribly dangerous at that very instant, we also know very little about how much of the material in them leak out into the blood over the courses of years etc.

To me, I could care less about this, I care about the more practical augmentation, such as the newest experimental robotic arms being tested on people who've lost theirs.

The progress being made there is amazing.

Augment your body? Pick up a stick... your body has been augmented.

LOL she's like a real life Abby from NCIS, except less attractive.

So, it's extremely dangerous, low tech, and provides negligible satisfaction. Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll wait a few more decades until professionals are willing to do this.

I gotta say, this pretty well sums up the gist of my opinion, and I haven't even bothered to watch the video. "Body augmentation" is another fancy word for "I'mma gonna pierce myself" at this point. Maybe when a guy with a doctorate in neuroscience makes a presentation on this instead of a goth with too many piercings, I'll sit up and take notice.

Augment your body? Pick up a stick... your body has been augmented.

Also, this, you don't need tools to be inside you to do their job. We have hands for a pretty good reason.

You had an ID device implanted into you? Why? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh no, lol. Nerve block before wrist surgery. Would do again, very tingly, but seemed to help.

I would only subject myself to implants that had some measurable benefit to my life or repaired a damaged part.

I had similar notions. She's very sexy in the Marla from Fight Club sense.

I haven't been ****ed like that since grade school... etc. etc.

My brother said the exact same thing not two hours ago.

Back